2012 Kia Rio

8.0

Based on 46 Ratings for the 2012 - 2016 models.

great little car

By on Friday, October 03, 2014

"Drives fine for a small car, handles well. Great gas mileage and can't beat the warranty"

Just did a test drive

By on Sunday, September 09, 2012

I want this car

"Just finished test driving this car WOW was I surprised.It did not feel like a small car at all I`m 6ft. 200lbs. I had all the room I needed to drive.Steering was very responsive and when I ran over a few pot holes in the street it handled them more like a larger car.On the same day I test drove the KIA I also test drove a Ford Fiesta and a Ford Focus.I was leaning towards Ford because hey I`m an American.After driving them I changed my opinion I do not like the feel of the transmission at all it felt like it was never truly in gear almost like it was slipping.I realize this is just how it was designed but I don`t care for it.I also did not like the steering response to me it felt like it was one step behind I felt that it had to think about turning.So KIA is the way I`m going"

good commuter car

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Pros: "fantastic fuel economy and fun to drive"

Cons: "slow to accelerate, no power locks/windows"

"I have really enjoyed my Rio so far. I think I probably should have opted for the power pack because there is no way to unlock the back doors from the outside without reaching around the door frame to unlock the door from the inside. Other than that it has been great. The fuel economy with Eco boost on is around 34 mpg in the city and I have gotten as high as 43.3 mpg on the highway. Usual highway mpg is around 38 or 39 mpg. Without the eco boost on, it is only 30-36 mpg. It is a little slow to pick up speed, unless you remember to move the shifter to the left and use the manual shift option and downshift one gear. It will downshift for you if you forget, but it won't upshift on it's own in manual mode. You definitely want to scotchguard the seat fabric or get seat covers. The fabric they use stains easily. If I trade mine it, it will probably be the same car in tropical red with black/tan interior and the power pack."

Love this car!

By on Friday, August 17, 2012

Pros: "Design, reliability, fuel economy"

Cons: "Seat comfort, acceleration"

"I drive a 4 door Kia Rio LX, and I can't say enough good things about this car. I'm so pleased with it! I have a long daily commute, and this car has made the hour long drive much more enjoyable! I am pleased with the gas mileage- I get about 28 in the city (I live in a very mountainous region) and 35+ on the highway. I do drive the car pretty hard, which is why my mileage is a bit lower than others, even with the ECO. It came with a lot of standard features, and the only upgrade I added was the power package. The car has great visibility- I have very few blind spots. The Rio also handles really well. And you can literally park it anywhere! Despite the good aspects of this vehicle, there are a few things I'd change. The seats aren't super comfortable. They aren't UNconfortable, but they aren't the greatest. I think this is because they have built-in airbags, so I guess safety is the trade off. I wish it had a little more torque. Sometimes I have to floor it to get on the interstate. Once the speed is up, it has no problem maintaining, but it takes a while to accelerate. Overall this is an excellent vehicle for a single person looking for efficient, reliable transportation that doesn't look bad!"

If you can buy this car get it !

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pros: "Looks, gas milage , Euro style"

Cons: "Seats"

"Have had my red EX for 2 1/2 years and can say it is great , ride good ,quite inside , European looks (like Seat Leon) and the fact that is is 97% recyclable is also a plus for the environment. Get many people ask me if brought this back from Europe and love the car. Have had to do nothing but change the oil , air filter and cabin filter on it better record that my last Mazda 3 only things to note are gas mileage is less than advertised (but Kia has program to reimburse owners for the life of the car the difference in cash) and the seats on long hauls bit uncomfortable ) but they are made from caster beans so price I pay for the fact they can be recycled) recommend highly."

Boy did I get lucky

By on Monday, November 26, 2012

Pros: "Very functional, high tech, fun, with personality"

Cons: "Visibility, can't see the extents of the car"

"I have a 2013 red Rio SX M/T (for Manual Transmission). One out of supposedly 500 cars for a marketing test of a high level Compact Hatchback with manual 6-Speed. The fact that the "regular" Rio SX is only available with automatic would have been a deal breaker for me. The drivetrain is amazing. Very smooth with great low end torque and flawless clutch action. The car is very quiet on the inside and handling is very compliant despite the standard 205/45 17" wheels which make it handle like running on rails. The level of electronic and advanced equipment of the "Power Package (without sun roof & heated leather seats in this particular version)" can be intimidating, but it all makes sense. It is designed for good ergonomics and it is very functional. With 1,500 miles it is obviously too early to assess long-term reliability. I must say, however, that appearance and initial quality at delivery were flawless. Yes, I love to drive with a mission. My trade-in was a low mileage VW Golf Turbo. I love this car. One caveat: Due to extreme, integrated exterior and steeply angled, high belt-line, visibility and maneuverability take some getting used to. No indication of where the car ends and where the wheels are, when it comes to parking and pin-point driving."

My first new car!

By on Saturday, September 14, 2013

Pros: "Great Price, Beautiful Interior and Exterior!"

Cons: "NONE!"

"I bought this car a couple of days ago and I've already had a chance to put a couple of hundred miles on it due to my commute to and from work. I didn't get the fancy package however. I got the basic Rio GDI Automatic. It has roll down windows, manual locks and no fancy bluetooth or GPS. It is simple, yet I love this car so much! I have been driving a 2002 Kia Spectra GSX for nearly 3 years prior and It lasted me a while, but it was time to actually get a new car. The guys at the dealership worked with me and I was out within 5 hours with a brand new car! So far I love it! It has pick up and go when I need it, cold A/C, good Gas Mileage and an AWESOME Stereo! I cannot express how much I love my Rio."

GAS Mileage

By on Saturday, September 14, 2013

Pros: "Drives well - has a solid feel and great pickup!"

Cons: "No arm rest. console, between two front seats"

"When purchased NEW in August 2012, it was advertised as "38 miles to the gallon". This was not an estimate, but a firm number. KIA realized their mistake and started issuing "rebates" because the car would never attain 38...30 to 32 was more like it. Since receiving a check from KIA after 3 months of driving, there have been no further statements made by KIA for additional compensation.(?) The car developed a "rattle" on the inside behind the instrument panel...no one seems to be able to locate it."

KIA Killed It

By on Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Pros: "Price, Sunroof, Bluetooth, Fun to drive"

Cons: "I'd like my hatch to open automatically"

"I'll be completely honest. I bought this car after doing a lot of research, test drives, and having a bottle of merlot on President's Day weekend. For the record, the test drives and wine happened on different days. I couldn't be more pleased at what I got for my money. I decided to go big or go home. I got the top model with the sunroof, fancy wheels, navigation, etc. If I was going back to having a car payment, I wanted to make it count. I can honestly say, KIA came in at the best price, and gives me SO MUCH for my money. I don't need to use my car for commuting (thanks MTBA), but I have to park in Southie (Boston). This car can fit anywhere. Also, it's terrifc on weekend trips. I get just over 40mpg with it. There is a ton of room, and I love the hatchback for pets, groceries, and boxes of wine. The durability of the wheels make me a little nervous sometimes. I tend to go out of my way to avoid potholes, but I think I am just getting used to the thinner tires. That's more my problem than KIA's. Also, every time I brush a curb I spout profanity because I know I just scraped my chrome. I'm a picky girl. I will drive this car into the ground."

All around great for a first time car buyer!

By on Saturday, February 23, 2013

Pros: "Fun to Drive, Sporty, Convenient, and Comfy."

Cons: "Cheap Speakers and No Vanity Lights."

"This vehicle was my first new car purchase. I have owned the vehicle for approximately 10 months now. I love the convenience of the hatchback v.s. a sedan, allowing for the extra cargo room. The exterior is sporty, but doesn't have the added insurance price! Very maneuverable in tight circumstances. A comfortable ride to and from work. I average 34 MPG with an overall commute of 35 miles/day. With a somewhat active lifestyle, I can easily attach bike racks and luggage carriers. Only negative I have is the standard, low quality, stereo speakers. And the fact that the new Kumho tires it came with, are bad to pick up small rocks and stones. But after some wear and tear on the tires that seems to have gotten better and less rocks are being thrown!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Kia Rio near Honolulu. See local deals