2012 Kia Rio

8.1

Based on 48 Ratings for the 2012 - 2016 models.

great little car

By on Friday, October 3, 2014

"Drives fine for a small car, handles well. Great gas mileage and can't beat the warranty"

HAPPY ACCIDENT!!!

By on Friday, May 13, 2016

Pros: "Great price, good on gas, sporty look and design"

Cons: "no middle console"

"I went to the dealership with intentions on buying a toyota camry. The Rio was next to the camry and it's red color caught my eye so I asked to test drive it. What a great surprise! It's very roomy on the inside and the body is a sleek, sporty design that I really love. It had a lot of features the camry didn't offer, such as the warranty, satellite radio, and eco function for gas. I have had it for about 2 months and so far no complaints! Really great on gas, and handles well on the road. I would recommend this car to anyone who wants a sporty sedan, with bells and whistles, without the high costs. Great for the price! Good luck :-)"

Just did a test drive

By on Sunday, September 9, 2012

I want this car

"Just finished test driving this car WOW was I surprised.It did not feel like a small car at all I`m 6ft. 200lbs. I had all the room I needed to drive.Steering was very responsive and when I ran over a few pot holes in the street it handled them more like a larger car.On the same day I test drove the KIA I also test drove a Ford Fiesta and a Ford Focus.I was leaning towards Ford because hey I`m an American.After driving them I changed my opinion I do not like the feel of the transmission at all it felt like it was never truly in gear almost like it was slipping.I realize this is just how it was designed but I don`t care for it.I also did not like the steering response to me it felt like it was one step behind I felt that it had to think about turning.So KIA is the way I`m going"

good commuter car

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Pros: "fantastic fuel economy and fun to drive"

Cons: "slow to accelerate, no power locks/windows"

"I have really enjoyed my Rio so far. I think I probably should have opted for the power pack because there is no way to unlock the back doors from the outside without reaching around the door frame to unlock the door from the inside. Other than that it has been great. The fuel economy with Eco boost on is around 34 mpg in the city and I have gotten as high as 43.3 mpg on the highway. Usual highway mpg is around 38 or 39 mpg. Without the eco boost on, it is only 30-36 mpg. It is a little slow to pick up speed, unless you remember to move the shifter to the left and use the manual shift option and downshift one gear. It will downshift for you if you forget, but it won't upshift on it's own in manual mode. You definitely want to scotchguard the seat fabric or get seat covers. The fabric they use stains easily. If I trade mine it, it will probably be the same car in tropical red with black/tan interior and the power pack."

GAS Mileage

By on Saturday, September 14, 2013

Pros: "Drives well - has a solid feel and great pickup!"

Cons: "No arm rest. console, between two front seats"

"When purchased NEW in August 2012, it was advertised as "38 miles to the gallon". This was not an estimate, but a firm number. KIA realized their mistake and started issuing "rebates" because the car would never attain 38...30 to 32 was more like it. Since receiving a check from KIA after 3 months of driving, there have been no further statements made by KIA for additional compensation.(?) The car developed a "rattle" on the inside behind the instrument panel...no one seems to be able to locate it."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Kia Rio near Honolulu. See local deals