2012 Kia Rio

7.9

Based on 41 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

One of my favorite cars of all time.

By on Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Pros: "inexpensive, roomy, fun to drive, high MPG"

Cons: "road noise."

"I enjoy getting 38-48 mpg consistently, and I love the sporty looks. It handles well, and I would love to be more aggressive if not for police. It has more leg room than any car or SUV or van I have owned, and I have had them all. The truck is large, too. The only minor grievance that I have is the road noise. You need to have the right tires to keep it to a minimum. Otherwise, it is my favorite car."

regret buying this car

By on Thursday, March 05, 2015

"Very poor acceleration. Car value depreciates too fast. Almost below average gas efficiency."

Great Car for someone needed cheap transport

By on Thursday, March 05, 2015

Pros: "Cheap and okay on gas"

Cons: "Cheap and Cheap and Cheap"

"I have owned this car for almost two years now, and have had put it through some things a car like this should never be through. Driving through a muddy field not realizing the pumpkin patch was all dirt and it rained the previous night. Driving it hard on a track, and driving it through miles upon miles of gravel roads. For how much this car was bought for brand new, I have to say it's not a bad car, however it's not a great car either. Almost every interior panel rattles, even on the smoothest of roads. Lacks big time in the power department. It does how ever have a good feeling steering wise brakes are sharp and it does okay in the corners. To sum up if you need a cheap new car then go for it, just don't have high expectations. If you can afford to go to a better quality brand then go for it by all means."

Nice Vehicle for Young People. 2015 LX

By on Friday, February 13, 2015

Pros: "Good Gas Mileage, Great Stereo System, Cheap"

Cons: "Comfort, No Cruise Control"

"I purchased this vehicle last week and I have had no problems driving-wise. This vehicle I feel is a great way for an up-and-coming 20 year old to establish credit and make payments like an adult, haha! Cheap cost for a big investment and you cannot go wrong with Kia's warranty. The front seats are a bit uncomfortable, especially the passenger seat, but it's not too bad. With the lowest model having no cruise control, arm rest nor power locks, it's a bit annoying. Roll down windows are a lot cheaper/easier to fix than power ones. The stereo system is amazing, but with limited EQ adjustments, it doesn't sound the greatest. It has road noise, but I like that in a car because I'd like to know if I just ran over something dangerous or not. Also no spare tire which i don't like, but with the warranty you get road side assistance. Some dealers might even give you a deal on a spare tire kit. Blind spots are an issue as well but that just takes some good driving experience and patience to get used to I guess. Great gas mileage so far. The pedals are more firm than what I'm used to and with the Active Eco function on, it doesn't want to drag race... All and all it's a great big boy/girl purchase and with no real risk. Thumbs up Kia ;)"

This is awful

By on Saturday, January 24, 2015

I don't own this car

"I've had this car for just over a week as a rental since my last car was totaled and it has been the biggest pain. I have had to fill the gas tank up 3 times in the week. I have used it mostly for work (I live 15 minutes away from my job) and one social gathering that was only 30 minutes away. The mileage is terrible and the tank is small. If this were my previous car it wouldn't even be close to half empty. The seats are terribly uncomfortable. Anyone who I have given a ride to has complained not only about the comfort of the seats, but the leg room as well. Unless I put the AC on the cool air setting only blows out warm air. It cannot handle little gusts of wind... and I'm not even talking about heavy gusts of wind that would kind of rattle your car while driving. No, just enough wind to blow some leaves across the road and not even rustle any trees. The doors unlock the moment I put my car into park. Something I really greatly dislike. I will unlock my doors when I'm ready to. I'm not about to have my doors unlock all at once in the middle of the city, in the middle of the night, when I'm by myself. I will never get one and if I can help it I will never get in another one again."

good gas mileage

By on Monday, December 08, 2014

Pros: "plenty back seat room"

Cons: "not a lot of power, saves speed tickets"

"I like the steering wheel controls for music, etc. It is black with off white fabric seats, black floor mats and carpet within. Completely straight, no dents, touch ups, new windshield with built in 3rd visor fret, new wipers, reg. oil changes. driven by a little old lady. me"

Very nice car

By on Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage, price"

Cons: "bit bumpy of a ride at high speeds"

"Glad I bought this car. Fairly inexpensive, but looks stylish enough. Great gas mileage, so excellent commuter car. Small size helps the parking situation in Philadelphia, but hatch style still affords you a ton for moving space. Great features for a car this price. Would highly recommend for city resident."

Excellent gas milage..39.5 on highway.

By on Saturday, October 18, 2014

"Comfort level 7 Too much road noise. This care has all power, but not cruise control, which is of necessity because it increases highway driving comfort. Too bad Kia does not support after-market cruise control installation. All warranty is void if you do install cruise control."

best car i found! $25 fill up from empty

By on Monday, October 13, 2014

Pros: "best gas mileage, fun to drive, low fill up cost"

Cons: "small size, no center consule with lowest model."

"I bought the 2015 kia rio lowest base model for 14800 last weekend. I've put 250 miles on it (bought it with 7 miles) and I still have a little less than half a tank. the dealer filled up the tank when I bought it and it had 50 miles to empty. it stopped at $21.50 on full. the car drives great on the highway and it says I get about 40 mpg which is awesome being I came from a 2003 chevy Silverado. I'd highly recommend anyone this car that is my age (22) and needs a efficient car to get from place to place. its nothing like my truck but I cant complain I love this car!"

Great starter car, excellent gas mileage

By on Sunday, October 05, 2014

Pros: "Mileage, compact size for easy city parking"

Cons: "No spare tire"

"I bought my 2012 EX with about a month of research after totaling my Scion. By far the quickest and easiest decision I made was to purchase this car. Excellent mileage, great interior, a lot of room for packing the car with the fold down seats, extremely reliable and drives great in all types of weather. I trusted my Scion to keep me safe, which it did, and feel the same in the Rio. Great starter car for a young 20 yr old to get from point a to point b. Only complaint is having a fix a flat instead of a spare tire (dealer told us after we purchased). I would recommend this car for a student commuter, young family, adult who commutes far daily. Overall an excellent car!"

great little car

By on Friday, October 03, 2014

"Drives fine for a small car, handles well. Great gas mileage and can't beat the warranty"

Kia should advertise this car much more. Excellent

By on Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Pros: "Great price! great quality! great mileage!"

Cons: "Cup holders too small"

"Most people buy this model with few options. We felt the sx model would be great and added all options available. Mileage is best I have gotten from all my small cars. My Honda and 2 Toyotas couldn't compare. I drive a car " hard" and this car handles well. Quality is as good or better then the Honda and Toyota. Can't beat the warranty. Priced all the small cars from all the "big" brand names and not one came close. One complaint cup holders are too small. Lol."

If you can buy this car get it !

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pros: "Looks, gas milage , Euro style"

Cons: "Seats"

"Have had my red EX for 2 1/2 years and can say it is great , ride good ,quite inside , European looks (like Seat Leon) and the fact that is is 97% recyclable is also a plus for the environment. Get many people ask me if brought this back from Europe and love the car. Have had to do nothing but change the oil , air filter and cabin filter on it better record that my last Mazda 3 only things to note are gas mileage is less than advertised (but Kia has program to reimburse owners for the life of the car the difference in cash) and the seats on long hauls bit uncomfortable ) but they are made from caster beans so price I pay for the fact they can be recycled) recommend highly."

TOO SMALL-INADACUATE CUP HOLDERS

By on Monday, June 23, 2014

Pros: "GAS MILIAGE"

Cons: "bad cup holders-not big enough"

"OK IF THERE'S ONLY TWO OF YOU. NO ROOM IN BACK SEAT."

Excellent value and professional look

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "Quick, good on gas on the highway, up to 38 mpg"

Cons: "Gas economy in the city about 27"

"This is a fantastic car, never had any issues, Maintenance is done by the dealership"

Great value!

By on Wednesday, April 30, 2014

"Pros: Fuel economy Reliability drives best at highway speeds excellent warranty Best bang for the buck. Comes with blue tooth, real rims (I can actaually see my brakes!) turn signal mirrors, keyless entry, built in hard drive for music, leather wrapped steering wheel, soft touch plastic, fold down seats, and more. cheap to maintian cons: drivers arm rest paint is flaking off after only 10mos 20,000mi but is getting replaced thanks to the great warranty. Makes a strange noise sometimes (sounds like exhuast shield?) very faint, not enough to bother me. not the best handling car in the world. driver and car dont feel connected. (probably due to the electiric steering in part) Overall if I had it to do all over again I probably would have gone with a used car vs a new one however I am very please with the 2013 kia rio EX"

loses power when the heat or air is on.

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "handles great"

Cons: "no power windows or locks and no arm rest"

"Not bad for a manual transmission that will not roll back on a hill. Great for drivers who are learning to drive a manual transmission for the first time. Put an aftermarket intake on it and get 44.2mpg on the highway going 70mph. only costs around $30 to fill up when almost on empty."

pretty good car

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "good price, reliable"

Cons: "blind spots, road noise"

"the only 2 things I don't love about it are the fact that it has so many blind spots and the road noise. Other than that is great! I like it!"

great for driving to work or school

By on Thursday, January 30, 2014

Pros: "Excellent gas mileage!"

Cons: "Front passenger seat too low, can't raise"

"A great car for the price. Love the loaded premium package that turns it into a luxury vehicle. Good looking inside and out. Wish it had a real spare tire instead of a can of sealant and a front passenger seat that could be raised."

Excellent automobile, super gas mileage

By on Monday, January 13, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, economical"

Cons: "none that I can think of"

"I purchased this car in 2012 for daily travel of 50 to 100 miles a day. The mileage is great much better than the sticker indicated, comfortable and fun to drive."

love the car,,wish it had a bigger gas tank.

By on Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Cons: "needs a bigger gas tank"

"very nice gas saving car evening sporty has plenty of power wife loves it..but like i said i wish for a bigger gas tank."

Love My Rio!

By on Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Pros: "price, good gas mileage, easy to maintain,so cute!"

Cons: "small back seat, rear speakers"

"This is the first new vehicle I have ever owned and I am so happy I chose Kia. The Rio is small but comfortable and really great on gas! I use it for my daily commute and I have no complaints at all. This car is adorable and I get compliments all the time! Definitely would recommend!"

My first new car!

By on Saturday, September 14, 2013

Pros: "Great Price, Beautiful Interior and Exterior!"

Cons: "NONE!"

"I bought this car a couple of days ago and I've already had a chance to put a couple of hundred miles on it due to my commute to and from work. I didn't get the fancy package however. I got the basic Rio GDI Automatic. It has roll down windows, manual locks and no fancy bluetooth or GPS. It is simple, yet I love this car so much! I have been driving a 2002 Kia Spectra GSX for nearly 3 years prior and It lasted me a while, but it was time to actually get a new car. The guys at the dealership worked with me and I was out within 5 hours with a brand new car! So far I love it! It has pick up and go when I need it, cold A/C, good Gas Mileage and an AWESOME Stereo! I cannot express how much I love my Rio."

GAS Mileage

By on Saturday, September 14, 2013

Pros: "Drives well - has a solid feel and great pickup!"

Cons: "No arm rest. console, between two front seats"

"When purchased NEW in August 2012, it was advertised as "38 miles to the gallon". This was not an estimate, but a firm number. KIA realized their mistake and started issuing "rebates" because the car would never attain 38...30 to 32 was more like it. Since receiving a check from KIA after 3 months of driving, there have been no further statements made by KIA for additional compensation.(?) The car developed a "rattle" on the inside behind the instrument panel...no one seems to be able to locate it."

Great car for the price and looks good too !

By on Thursday, September 05, 2013

Pros: "Great looks , great gas , feels big inside"

Cons: "Seats can be unconfortable and engine is small"

"Had this car for a year and half and no one problem to date only changed the oil as sched intervals and my impressions are great car feels like bigger car inside and had some get up and go especially when shift in manual mode. Get lots of compliments on it and people as what it is (mine is red ) one last week thought I had brought the car from Europe. Only negative is in long trips 3-4 hours seats can be bit rough but if you get a chance grab one before they are all gone at 40 mpg and with gas sure to go up and up cann't beat it."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Kia Rio near Honolulu. See local deals