2008 Kia Rio

8.1

Based on 197 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

My first brand new car

By on Sunday, August 7, 2011

Pros: "fuel efficiency, handling, cabin room"

Cons: "noise, interior design"

"I bought a '09 Rio Base Sedan and still enjoy driving it. When compared to other small sedans and hatchbacks this car definitely holds par. The positives include the fuel efficiency, which can range from 30 to even 40 mpg depending on driving style and type. The handling is fairly sporty and even without power steering, the car is a joy to drive. The 110 hp and light weight really helps with acceleration and you don't feel like you are driving an underpowered economic car. The cabin is very roomy, especially compared to other compacts. The backseat has ample headroom, I have never heard of anyone complaining about hitting their heads, whereas in the ford focus I (5'11") had to duck to ride in the backseat. Legroom is also fine for kids or smaller adults, but not comfortable on long rides for taller adults. Some of the negatives include road noise and the cheap feeling interior. When driving on the highway talking on a phone (which admittedly you shouldn't do anyways) is difficult and the engine noise is quite loud. The interior is made of very hard plastic and holds grease after handling. Also, when I tried to clean the inside using a wax product, the dashboard ended up looking even worse than before. It seems like the plastic doesn't accept that type of cleaning well. Or im doing it wrong! Overall this has been a great car that has a great buy that I would recommend to anyone in the market."

2003 kia rio

By on Saturday, September 12, 2009

"this is our second kia,we have had it for 5 years and its never brokedown or been in the shop,it has 70000 miles on it."

Great Value, Great Car, 150,000 miles!!

By on Sunday, March 22, 2009

"We own a 2006 Rio5 SX with an automatic. This car has been used as a company car since day one. It only 26 months old but it has over 150,000 miles on it. We have had zero problems. We have kept up on all the maintenance and replaced the timing belts on time. But for having over 150,000 miles it still looks and runs like a brand new car. We plan to run this car for at least another 50,000 miles then buy another one."

Great value for the price

By on Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Pros: "Inside is amazing"

Cons: "Very popular hard to find fully loaded."

"I have only had the car for a few weeks, but I love it. I wanted the Honda Fit, but could not get leather or heated seats in that car. I am getting about 36 miles per gallon city. I have yet to test it fully on the highway. I was worried the car would blown all over the highway like my sister's Echo but it did great. I love this car and it cost way less fully loaded then any car in its class and it was worth it."

excellent for price

By on Friday, August 24, 2007

"I bought this brand new for my son. Took it over later on and did not get the expected gas milage until about 12k miles. So, until the engine is broke in, you won't see the gas milage. After break in, have been getting 34 average for city/hwy travel at 20/80 ratio."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Kia Rio near Honolulu. See local deals