2008 Kia Rio

8.1

Based on 190 Ratings for the 2006 - 2012 models.

My first brand new car

By on Sunday, August 07, 2011

Pros: "fuel efficiency, handling, cabin room"

Cons: "noise, interior design"

"I bought a '09 Rio Base Sedan and still enjoy driving it. When compared to other small sedans and hatchbacks this car definitely holds par. The positives include the fuel efficiency, which can range from 30 to even 40 mpg depending on driving style and type. The handling is fairly sporty and even without power steering, the car is a joy to drive. The 110 hp and light weight really helps with acceleration and you don't feel like you are driving an underpowered economic car. The cabin is very roomy, especially compared to other compacts. The backseat has ample headroom, I have never heard of anyone complaining about hitting their heads, whereas in the ford focus I (5'11") had to duck to ride in the backseat. Legroom is also fine for kids or smaller adults, but not comfortable on long rides for taller adults. Some of the negatives include road noise and the cheap feeling interior. When driving on the highway talking on a phone (which admittedly you shouldn't do anyways) is difficult and the engine noise is quite loud. The interior is made of very hard plastic and holds grease after handling. Also, when I tried to clean the inside using a wax product, the dashboard ended up looking even worse than before. It seems like the plastic doesn't accept that type of cleaning well. Or im doing it wrong! Overall this has been a great car that has a great buy that I would recommend to anyone in the market."

great first car. some very minor issues.

By on Saturday, March 17, 2012

Pros: "gas mileage, low initial cost, fun to drive,safety"

Cons: "not family car, timing belt, Kia trans fluid only"

"My wife and I love this car, but we have just had our second child and need more room. pros: gas mileage, low initial cost, fun to drive, safety cons:1. not a family car, car seats take up alot of space. 2. timing belt, moderately expensive every 60k miles 3. proprietary transmission fluid. kia/hyundai brand SPIII fluid only. there are fluids that claim to meet specs, but don't use them. you will burn the transmission out. I am a former Kia technician, I know what I am talking about."

Best Vehicle Ever!

By on Monday, January 07, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive!"

Cons: "none!!!"

"I have never owned a better quality vehicle, this is the best bang for your buck car still available!! I have owned many cars and this one is the best all around, comfortable, quality, reliable great gas mileage car, so much room for a little car lol. I will not be selling this vehicle anytime soon as I have heard people putting 250,000 miles before having any problems at all with this car!! Thanks Kia for doing something right for once!!"

2003 kia rio

By on Saturday, September 12, 2009

"this is our second kia,we have had it for 5 years and its never brokedown or been in the shop,it has 70000 miles on it."

I will buy this car again

By on Monday, August 27, 2012

Pros: "price, gas mileage, spacious, mechanically sound"

"This has got to be the best car for the money I have owned. In over 100,000 miles, the only 2 problems I've had have been having to replace the horn (~$100) and replacing the windshield wiper rotator (I think it was around $100-150). I still get around 29 mpg. The car is totally roomy for being so small (Rio5, not Rio). I can fit two bicycles INSIDE along with a cooler, a friend and camping equipment for 3 days. At one point I took the back seats out and put in a bed and two people (both 5/4") could sleep comfortably. My last car was a Mitsubishi Eclipse, so at first my Rio felt slow, but now I would say it's pretty zippy (manual transmission) and goes 80 mph without feeling stressed. I love that it doesn't let you leave your headlights on. At first I did not like how upright the sitting position is, as my Eclipse was much more reclined, but I got used to it. And I also don't like the ding-dong-ding-dong that says your door is open, or your seatbelt isn't fastened, so I removed that fuse. Other than that, I love this car and plan on buying the same one again when/if this one dies."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Kia Rio near Honolulu. See local deals