2006 Kia Rio

8.1

Based on 193 Ratings for the 2006 - 2012 models.

My first brand new car

By on Sunday, August 07, 2011

Pros: "fuel efficiency, handling, cabin room"

Cons: "noise, interior design"

"I bought a '09 Rio Base Sedan and still enjoy driving it. When compared to other small sedans and hatchbacks this car definitely holds par. The positives include the fuel efficiency, which can range from 30 to even 40 mpg depending on driving style and type. The handling is fairly sporty and even without power steering, the car is a joy to drive. The 110 hp and light weight really helps with acceleration and you don't feel like you are driving an underpowered economic car. The cabin is very roomy, especially compared to other compacts. The backseat has ample headroom, I have never heard of anyone complaining about hitting their heads, whereas in the ford focus I (5'11") had to duck to ride in the backseat. Legroom is also fine for kids or smaller adults, but not comfortable on long rides for taller adults. Some of the negatives include road noise and the cheap feeling interior. When driving on the highway talking on a phone (which admittedly you shouldn't do anyways) is difficult and the engine noise is quite loud. The interior is made of very hard plastic and holds grease after handling. Also, when I tried to clean the inside using a wax product, the dashboard ended up looking even worse than before. It seems like the plastic doesn't accept that type of cleaning well. Or im doing it wrong! Overall this has been a great car that has a great buy that I would recommend to anyone in the market."

2003 kia rio

By on Saturday, September 12, 2009

"this is our second kia,we have had it for 5 years and its never brokedown or been in the shop,it has 70000 miles on it."

I will buy this car again

By on Monday, August 27, 2012

Pros: "price, gas mileage, spacious, mechanically sound"

"This has got to be the best car for the money I have owned. In over 100,000 miles, the only 2 problems I've had have been having to replace the horn (~$100) and replacing the windshield wiper rotator (I think it was around $100-150). I still get around 29 mpg. The car is totally roomy for being so small (Rio5, not Rio). I can fit two bicycles INSIDE along with a cooler, a friend and camping equipment for 3 days. At one point I took the back seats out and put in a bed and two people (both 5/4") could sleep comfortably. My last car was a Mitsubishi Eclipse, so at first my Rio felt slow, but now I would say it's pretty zippy (manual transmission) and goes 80 mph without feeling stressed. I love that it doesn't let you leave your headlights on. At first I did not like how upright the sitting position is, as my Eclipse was much more reclined, but I got used to it. And I also don't like the ding-dong-ding-dong that says your door is open, or your seatbelt isn't fastened, so I removed that fuse. Other than that, I love this car and plan on buying the same one again when/if this one dies."

Bought NEW, just over 300miles

By on Saturday, April 21, 2012

Pros: "Wish I could buy 2, mpg, leg room in front seats,"

Cons: "Head rests lean too much forward"

"I'm 6'3" and leg room is my main priority. It's great, wish I had known about the telescoping steering wheel on the EX, but my wife is the main driver so it's no problem. Forte's leg room was actually worse. Still too new for true reliability comments, but so far am seeing around 27mpg in town, 40mpg on freeway with ECO on and light pedal. Beats both my 94 Camry and Honda on mpg. I will eventually do something about the head rests, either replace them or get the shafts reformed as they lean forward more than desired. New Car for under $15k, you really shouldn't expect much, at this point it seems to be the best bang for the buck.USB port works great for audio. Stiff suspension,which I like, good braking, it's a 1.6L and performance is just fine. People that complain about the plastics should spend another $10k on a car."

Great Economical Little Car

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "inexpensive, fun, sporty, reliable, great mpg"

"Very reliable, I've had this car for 2 years now and have had zero problems with it. Everything works and it drives great, excellent on gas mileage and comfy for long road trips. The interior looks very nice for this price range of cars, sporty and fun plus it doesn't show dirt and everyday wear and tear. The hatchback is super convenient and makes getting things in and out super easy. The backseat lays down flat and I've been able to fit and incredible amount of stuff back there whether I'm going camping or moving a dining table and 4 chairs there is always enough room! Love this little car!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Kia Rio near Honolulu. See local deals