2005 Kia Rio

6.3

Based on 275 Ratings for the 2001 - 2005 models.

7.1/10
    6.4/10
    7.2/10
    6.6/10
    6.6/10
    6.7/10

great little car

By on Sunday, April 01, 2012

Pros: "MPG ,reliable,"

Cons: "timeing belt replaced"

"Really have enjoyed this car its been all around the country and then some.Never left me out in the cold it has handled all weather and terrains and has always come out the other side.love it"

Great working, affordable car

By on Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pros: "great price, great gas mileage, extremely reliable"

Cons: "small backseat, unappealing look"

"While the Kia Rio is not the sharpest car as far as looks go, it is an excellent vehicle to have for commuting! It has great gas mileage and durability. I have had my Kia Rio for 6 years and have never had ANY running issues with it! I have commuted nearly every day in my Rio and it has been extremely reliable. If you are looking for a quality car for an excellent price, this car is for you!"

Good Basic Commuter Vehicle

By on Wednesday, June 10, 2009

"Bought an 04 Kia in 05 - it had 3000 miles on it. As of Jun09 the tranny is shot. However, it now has over 113000 miles on it, so I definitely got my money's worth. It's tiny, bare-bones, low to the ground, scratches if you look at it wrong, and you have to turn off the A/C if you want to pass on a hill - but I never got less than 30mpg. We will play 'Taps' as we leave the junkyard... :)"

great starter car

By on Wednesday, January 02, 2008

"I bought a used 2002 Kia Rio sedan in Dec. of 2003. It had about 25k miles and was in great condition. The car had a great life of almost 4 years and ran to 93k+ miles before someone slammed into me and totaled it. It was by far the best first car that I could have picked. While it's not the zippiest or coolest first car, it was a GREAT value and I had less problems with it over the 4 years I owned it than anyone in my family with their newer/nicer cars. The few problems that I had were very minor. My door lock on the driver side broke (in the locked position of course so I had to climb out via the passenger side). But it was cheap to fix at the dealership. The only other problem was with the interior light, which I think had a short in it because it didn't work for about a year. It just miraculously started working one day and was sketchy after that, but it wasn't a big deal. Otherwise, the car was great. Like I said, someone hit me head on (I was going about 45 and they were going about 40) and I was able to safely walk away from the crash with only bruises, scrapes, two black eyes, and a broken wrist. Sounds bad, but she took the impact really well and while the exterior smushed like an accordian, the interior was virtually untouched. I totally recommend it for a first car or if you just want to keep it cheap! It's safe, reliable, and cheap to maintain. Got great gas mileage too (averaged 27-30 mpg). Even did pretty well in snow/ice."

First Car

By on Friday, January 27, 2012

Pros: "Great on Gas, Low maintenance,"

Cons: "Very basic. Manual windows, seats, and locks."

"I own this car, 02 model. Bought it used in 2006 so it is 12 years old and it only has about 65500 miles on it. She works like a champ. Haven't had to do too much besides regular oil changes. Bought new tires and brakes after having it for 4 years and had to get the windshield wash cleaned out but it only cost me 25 bucks. But that is to be expected over some years. It's not a luxurious car by any means, manual windows, seats and locks but it is great on gas and gets me to where I need to go. I can drive from Mount Vernon, WA to Portland, OR on one tank of gas! I would recommend this car and it would be a great for people on a budget like high or college students."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Kia Rio near Honolulu. See local deals