2003 Kia Rio

6.3

Based on 279 Ratings for the 2001 - 2005 models.

7.1/10
    6.5/10
    7.2/10
    6.6/10
    6.6/10
    6.7/10

Just my style

By on Thursday, December 04, 2008

"I hate it that people have had such bad luck with this car, I guess maybe i have only gotten lucky? I have had no real problems with my '01 Rio, my biggest problem was making the mistake of spending more than half the car's price on a warranty (oops, 1st time car buyer). The warranty got the passenger mirror issue fixed, the "door locks itself" issue fixed....and there was a recall on the rims of the car, i dont even know if that was warranty-needed or not. When the warranty expired, and my almost 3 grand was totally down the drain, the clutch cable snapped. Fortunately I was able to fix this myself (easy job really) for the cost of a 28 dollar new part. I've had nothing else go wrong with this car.... It has a little pick-up, but you really have to give it some gas, and you can really feel how stressful that is on the 4 cylinders, so I just deal with not having much pickup so as to not kill the engine. Gas mileage is awesome, A/C and heat work great, everything still runs pretty dang smooth. 80k+ miles. My particular car has power....nothing. steering is powered, but tranny is manual and so is everything else. Less stuff to worry about breaking (I prefer this way - every manufacturer with automatic options on a value car is susceptible to malfunction, not just Kia). My only wish would be for some way to make the car cruise, even if only once you were in 5th gear for those really long highway hauls. Keeping your foot on the pedal for 500+ miles is a bummer. It's not really all that comfy for a full grown man (a little cramped), it's not got a lot of luxury, and its really not as cool looking as say...a Camaro, BUT its been quality, dependable, low maintenance, and a tremendous value. Cheap car, cheap on gas. If it breaks in the next week though, I will blame this review XD Also, if you want to install a high powered audio system...the car doesnt make enough juice, you'll need a capacitor. Its a tiny car, with a tiny alternator and tiny battery."

excellent car

By on Saturday, July 17, 2010

"My Kia is 6 yrs old and it still gets an adv of 40 mpg. It doesn't loose power while climbing a hill and is the most comfortable car I have ever owned."

Good Car

By on Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Pros: "reliable"

Cons: "power(lack there of)"

"Little cost for maintenance. No major problems. Overall a great car, not very powerful though. Trouble getting over the big hills in PA!"

Great Little Wagon

By on Monday, December 31, 2007

"This is the second Kia I have owned, I bought an original when they first came out and had over 100,000 miles on it when I traded it in on my current 2002 Rio Cinco Wagon. This is not a luxury car so it isn't fair to judge it by those standards, it's economical (32 MPG) and gets the job done. I love it. I have never had a problem with it and have always kept it maintained through the dealership. I bought a leather bra for the front and added cruise control for driving on the highway. If you take care of these KIAs, they give you a lot for your money. You are not buying a name, you are buying a good car with a great warranty."

a cheap 113,000 miles

By on Wednesday, July 01, 2009

"02 Kia Rio automatic cant use the ashtray and cup holders both and passenger room is worse than in an airplane BUT with hatchback you have a mini truck for transporting stuff. Easy to drive in traffic.CAN accelerate fast but its not made to drive that way. Have 35 mpg ave with 3/4 freeway driving. ( She gets fresh oil @ 3,000) Looks rather sporty.The check engine light has been on and off for the whole 113,000 so would you worry? Tranny doesnt shift easy when shes cold so I drive slow for the first 90 seconds. Due for fresh fluid, maybe that will help. We pd 10.000 and bought NOTHING for upgrades or rust. Yeha ! oh we have a bit of rust on the white paint. Floorboards still sound. Im happy !"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Kia Rio near Honolulu. See local deals