2002 Kia Rio

6.3

Based on 279 Ratings for the 2001 - 2005 models.

7.1/10
    6.5/10
    7.2/10
    6.6/10
    6.6/10
    6.7/10

Just my style

By on Thursday, December 4, 2008

"I hate it that people have had such bad luck with this car, I guess maybe i have only gotten lucky? I have had no real problems with my '01 Rio, my biggest problem was making the mistake of spending more than half the car's price on a warranty (oops, 1st time car buyer). The warranty got the passenger mirror issue fixed, the "door locks itself" issue fixed....and there was a recall on the rims of the car, i dont even know if that was warranty-needed or not. When the warranty expired, and my almost 3 grand was totally down the drain, the clutch cable snapped. Fortunately I was able to fix this myself (easy job really) for the cost of a 28 dollar new part. I've had nothing else go wrong with this car.... It has a little pick-up, but you really have to give it some gas, and you can really feel how stressful that is on the 4 cylinders, so I just deal with not having much pickup so as to not kill the engine. Gas mileage is awesome, A/C and heat work great, everything still runs pretty dang smooth. 80k+ miles. My particular car has power....nothing. steering is powered, but tranny is manual and so is everything else. Less stuff to worry about breaking (I prefer this way - every manufacturer with automatic options on a value car is susceptible to malfunction, not just Kia). My only wish would be for some way to make the car cruise, even if only once you were in 5th gear for those really long highway hauls. Keeping your foot on the pedal for 500+ miles is a bummer. It's not really all that comfy for a full grown man (a little cramped), it's not got a lot of luxury, and its really not as cool looking as say...a Camaro, BUT its been quality, dependable, low maintenance, and a tremendous value. Cheap car, cheap on gas. If it breaks in the next week though, I will blame this review XD Also, if you want to install a high powered audio system...the car doesnt make enough juice, you'll need a capacitor. Its a tiny car, with a tiny alternator and tiny battery."

excellent car

By on Saturday, July 17, 2010

"My Kia is 6 yrs old and it still gets an adv of 40 mpg. It doesn't loose power while climbing a hill and is the most comfortable car I have ever owned."

Great Little Wagon

By on Monday, December 31, 2007

"This is the second Kia I have owned, I bought an original when they first came out and had over 100,000 miles on it when I traded it in on my current 2002 Rio Cinco Wagon. This is not a luxury car so it isn't fair to judge it by those standards, it's economical (32 MPG) and gets the job done. I love it. I have never had a problem with it and have always kept it maintained through the dealership. I bought a leather bra for the front and added cruise control for driving on the highway. If you take care of these KIAs, they give you a lot for your money. You are not buying a name, you are buying a good car with a great warranty."

Better than expected.

By on Tuesday, May 12, 2009

"We bought this car in 2002. We wanted a small car that was inexpensive but brand new with a warranty. We were living in Manhattan and needed something small and reliable. We expected to run it into the ground for 5 years and then scrap it for a newer luxury style car. However, almost 8 years later it runs great. We beat the heck out of this thing. Even the mechanic we use said he is surprised how well these cars hold up. Pros- Cheap, reliable, good warranty coverage, and we put no maney into it except oil changes, tires, brakes, etc. Oh yeah, and it's decent on gas. Cons - Paint scratches and doors dent easily, and it's a little cramped inside if you are a bigger person especially on long trips. Overall, this car well exceeds expecations."

great car for money

By on Friday, November 23, 2007

"Bought new in 2003 and now has 90,000 miles.I drive just about everyday.Bought mainly for a commute car.Never had any problems.Will buy again.Good fuel mileage.Manual transmission added cruise myself for $150."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Kia Rio near Honolulu. See local deals