2002 Kia Rio

6.3

Based on 278 Ratings for the 2001 - 2005 models.

7.1/10
    6.5/10
    7.2/10
    6.6/10
    6.6/10
    6.7/10

This was a great car. 184,000 miles W/out problems

By on Saturday, October 12, 2013

Pros: "Gas millage, price, reliability"

Cons: "Load on road, shaking noise when go over bumps"

"I have owned this car for 12 years, 184,000 miles. No major repairs called for. Not great pick up, and a little loud on the road, but otherwise I can not say a bad thing about it. Time for a new car after 12 years. You will be missed and thanks for 12 reliable years."

Just my style

By on Thursday, December 04, 2008

"I hate it that people have had such bad luck with this car, I guess maybe i have only gotten lucky? I have had no real problems with my '01 Rio, my biggest problem was making the mistake of spending more than half the car's price on a warranty (oops, 1st time car buyer). The warranty got the passenger mirror issue fixed, the "door locks itself" issue fixed....and there was a recall on the rims of the car, i dont even know if that was warranty-needed or not. When the warranty expired, and my almost 3 grand was totally down the drain, the clutch cable snapped. Fortunately I was able to fix this myself (easy job really) for the cost of a 28 dollar new part. I've had nothing else go wrong with this car.... It has a little pick-up, but you really have to give it some gas, and you can really feel how stressful that is on the 4 cylinders, so I just deal with not having much pickup so as to not kill the engine. Gas mileage is awesome, A/C and heat work great, everything still runs pretty dang smooth. 80k+ miles. My particular car has power....nothing. steering is powered, but tranny is manual and so is everything else. Less stuff to worry about breaking (I prefer this way - every manufacturer with automatic options on a value car is susceptible to malfunction, not just Kia). My only wish would be for some way to make the car cruise, even if only once you were in 5th gear for those really long highway hauls. Keeping your foot on the pedal for 500+ miles is a bummer. It's not really all that comfy for a full grown man (a little cramped), it's not got a lot of luxury, and its really not as cool looking as say...a Camaro, BUT its been quality, dependable, low maintenance, and a tremendous value. Cheap car, cheap on gas. If it breaks in the next week though, I will blame this review XD Also, if you want to install a high powered audio system...the car doesnt make enough juice, you'll need a capacitor. Its a tiny car, with a tiny alternator and tiny battery."

Okay Car

By on Friday, August 10, 2007

"This is an okay car. It gets you from point A to point B (with good gas milage), but don't take more then one other person. The backseat is so tiny my 3 year old has to ride with her feet on the seat! I really fear a car accident, because if there were one she could get SERIOUSLY injured. Also, don't expect this car to get up and go...it takes awhile for it to get up to higher speeds (don't go racing anyone in this car). Finally, like the other person warned...Watch out for the timing belt, at about 35000 miles it NEEDS to be replaced. Others have told me that almost all Rio's need the timing belt changed at least once by 60k miles. Other then those two things, all I have had to replace are the tires and the oil! Overall an average car not ideal for more then 2 people."

First Car

By on Friday, January 27, 2012

Pros: "Great on Gas, Low maintenance,"

Cons: "Very basic. Manual windows, seats, and locks."

"I own this car, 02 model. Bought it used in 2006 so it is 12 years old and it only has about 65500 miles on it. She works like a champ. Haven't had to do too much besides regular oil changes. Bought new tires and brakes after having it for 4 years and had to get the windshield wash cleaned out but it only cost me 25 bucks. But that is to be expected over some years. It's not a luxurious car by any means, manual windows, seats and locks but it is great on gas and gets me to where I need to go. I can drive from Mount Vernon, WA to Portland, OR on one tank of gas! I would recommend this car and it would be a great for people on a budget like high or college students."

bottom line - best bang for your buck

By on Saturday, October 22, 2011

"I bought this car blindly from a public auto auction! Did not even popped the hood before buying it... just bought it. The car had 48k miles on it and now 3.5 yrs later it has 120k miles. Within the first yr of owning it, I drove to boston, toronto, texas, and myrtle beach! To give you a perspective, I am from Northern Virginia! The only thing I've done on it was oil changes and tires! The car STOMPS the corolla, the civic as far as price/quality ratio! You will not go wrong with this thing, its a a mini tank. Now keep in mind, this car has absolutely no options beside ac and power steering. It is truly a cheap, reliable, durable, economical daily commuter. It will get you where you intend on on going! It is comfortable for tall people too! I am 6-2 210 lbs, not too tall but still!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Kia Rio near Honolulu. See local deals