2001 Kia Rio

6.3

Based on 278 Ratings for the 2001 - 2005 models.

7.1/10
    6.5/10
    7.2/10
    6.6/10
    6.6/10
    6.7/10

The best car i've ever owned. Period.

By on Thursday, October 06, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive. Great looking."

Cons: "Thin sheet metal."

"I bought this car new. I think it is a really beautiful design. I have had no problems at all. It still has the original brakes! It still has the original battery! Upgrade to performance tires, Michelin Exaltos. Big difference. Put on a "cat-back" exhaust. Big difference. Use Bosch 4-prong plugs. Big difference. Change the oil and perform all scheduled maintenance . Be kind to the car. Don't abuse it or treat it like a cheap piece of junk. I suspect that those who have had problems have somehow abused or mistreated the car, or didn't maintain it properly."

Great little car for the money

By on Sunday, July 17, 2011

Pros: "You can't beat the rio for price or gas mileage"

Cons: "they are a small car and ride like a small car"

"We own 2 kia rios...a 01 and a 09 we bought the 01 used with 17000 miles on it for our oldest daughter in 03. she has driven the dickens out of this car and we have had to very little maintenance on it we bought the 09 new for our son when he left for college it now has 12000 miles on it and is an awesome little car for the money...I am thinking of getting one for myself when the time comes/oldest daughter also wants to purchase another rio when she needs a new car.."

pretty good car

By on Monday, August 09, 2010

"I bought my '02 Cinco in '06 with 35,000 miles on it. I have driven this car since with not one problem, putting 60,000 more miles on it. Besides regular maintenance and new tires, I have not spent a dime. In late July '10, I rolled the car and totaled it. My son and I walked away from the accident with minor cuts a bruises. This car held up to rolling twice and landing on the roof. I was amazed at how the seat belts held and the car didn't turn into a tuna can! CANT WAIT TO GET ANOTHER ONE!"

good car for the money

By on Sunday, February 28, 2010

"i bought this car just to run around in so i dont put miles on my other automobiles, it was cheap paid 3k for it, good on gas i have the 5speed fun to drive, can whip it in tight spaces esp living in the city, i call it the P car for practical. have pleantly of space esp with the rear fold down seats, cold a/c good heat, had no problems with her she got 68k miles, i did replace the timing belt as suppose too. hope to keep it few more years."

a cheap 113,000 miles

By on Wednesday, July 01, 2009

"02 Kia Rio automatic cant use the ashtray and cup holders both and passenger room is worse than in an airplane BUT with hatchback you have a mini truck for transporting stuff. Easy to drive in traffic.CAN accelerate fast but its not made to drive that way. Have 35 mpg ave with 3/4 freeway driving. ( She gets fresh oil @ 3,000) Looks rather sporty.The check engine light has been on and off for the whole 113,000 so would you worry? Tranny doesnt shift easy when shes cold so I drive slow for the first 90 seconds. Due for fresh fluid, maybe that will help. We pd 10.000 and bought NOTHING for upgrades or rust. Yeha ! oh we have a bit of rust on the white paint. Floorboards still sound. Im happy !"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Kia Rio near Honolulu. See local deals