2016 Kia Optima Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $24,094 - $25,253.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Info valid for your area through 09/29/2016

10/9.1

9.8

Based on 5 Ratings for the 2016 models.

9.8/10
    9.8/10

Value, value, value

By on Thursday, April 21, 2016

Pros: "Quiet, good ride, good and easy to use technology."

Cons: "nothing that jumps out at me."

"As we searched the landscape for a mid-sized sedan, we tested the Sonata,Fusion, Camry and Accord and found the 2016 Kia LX to be the best "bang for the buck" product. Kia has tweaked the suspension to give the Optima a ride similar to the type you would experience in the premium priced sedans. It is very quiet and handles well. We opted for the "convenience package" which includes blind spot sensors, back-up assist and a twelve-way drivers side seat with memory. Having owned a Camry and several Accords this car surprised us. Very well-built and solid all the way around. The 2.4 liter four has plenty of zip and with three driving modes included it's a fun drive. Rated at 39 mpg on the highway and with less than 1000 miles on it I got 38 mpg on a recent all highway drive. The seats are comfortable and the cockpit is spacious. Several people have commented that it seems like a full-sized car on the inside."

Great looking and driving car at a great price

By on Saturday, May 14, 2016

Pros: "Great looks, feature rich, quiet ride"

Cons: "The area in front of the passenger is a bit plain"

"We traded my wife's 2013 Optima SX Limited (that was our first KIA) on the new 2016 Optima SX. We didn't get the Limited because she hates the quilted leather and loved the black leather with red stitching. Very sporty looking. Also got the top option package that includes 99% of what the Limited has, except for the Nappa Leather seats. It is a better car than the 2013 as far as ride quality, quietness and equipment is concerned. We have put 3,000 miles on it since November and we love it. My car is a 2015 Genesis 3.8 HTRAC and the equipment and features on the Optima are almost as comprehensive for $20,000 less. I would highly recommend this car if you want a sporty, feature rich car for a reasonable price. People need to realize that KIA does not mean "cheap". They have improved everything about their cars in the last 6 years and people need to get over the perception that KIAs are cheap, boring cars. They are not. KBB really got it right when they picked it as the Best Midsized Sedan. This is our second KIA and I don't plan on changing unless they really drop the ball on future models, which based on their track record seems very unlikely."

Excellent car, outstanding value

By on Thursday, June 23, 2016

Pros: "Price, value"

Cons: "None that I can think of"

"This is my second KIA Optima that I've had, my first was a 2012 Optima EX which I loved until the day I traded her in, my new 2016 Optima SX has been completely redesigned and rides perfectly. You can't beat the value of what you get in this Optima SX, for a similar car from another automaker would easily be $10,000 to $15,000 more."

LOVE THE NEW STYLE

By on Wednesday, April 27, 2016

"LOVE my new optima! i would recommend this car for anyone and the warranty is second to none!"

Love the new Optima

By on Monday, September 5, 2016

Cons: "Have not found any"

"A pleasure for both myself and wife to drive"