• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2014 Kia Optima Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $30,184 - $31,279.

10/7.7

Based on 302 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

I love the look of this car

By on Monday, May 04, 2015

Pros: "Body styling is hot"

Cons: "Convenience and comfort are lacking."

"The handling is amazing and the fuel consumption is impressive, I'm getting ~29 mpg city. There are some design features that really irritate me. First off the passenger seat is so LOW it's almost laughable. You can move the seat forward or back but not UP!!? I hate it!! You cannot fold down the back seats without opening the trunk to access that feature. Irritating! And if your headlights aren't on at night (my roommate turned them off) the panel stays fully lit so unless you're looking for it or know what you're looking for you can be totally clueless. Other than these annoyances the car is awesome. Roomy and somewhat comfy."

love my Kia Optima

By on Wednesday, April 29, 2015

"I have had my car for two and a half years and I love it."

From a Sorento to an Optima - Fabulous!

By on Saturday, April 25, 2015

Pros: "Avg. gas mileage stays around 30-34"

Cons: "None!"

"I bought this car for better gas mileage and the dealership in Knoxville had a special on the 2015 Optimas. I had put over 25,000 on my Sorento the previous year. Only downfall I have had is I had to forfeit my backup camera and seat heaters when I traded in. I LOVE the look and comfort. I was able to get black on black LX (Interior/Exterior) and the only thing I would have changed is a backup camera. LOVE MY OPTIMA."

Looks like car should be more expensive.Joy to own

By on Saturday, April 18, 2015

Pros: "Classy interior, good gas mileage"

"I purchased this car one year ago from a private party. He produced all records and I have continued to maintain the car in tip-top shape. Fun car and very good gas mileage."

Could stand some improvements

By on Thursday, April 16, 2015

Pros: "Price was decent and it is "fun to drive"."

Cons: "Gas mileage rots. Paint could stand to be stronger"

"I purchased this vehicle based on the expected "Great" gas mileage it was rated for. Of course, it is based on the "perfect car and driver and terrain (the flat salt plains" that may produce this great feat. My KIA, as impressive as it appears and the great pickup it has when entering the highway, delivers a mileage of 20 miles in the city, 37 miles on the highway with an average combination of 24 miles per gallon. Not as impressive as I thought it would be. The light weighed front end cannot handle the impressive 200 horsepower this car boasts of, it swings from side to side until the accelerator is released or the desired speed is reached. once there, the vehicle handles well. Stopping is another issue. The anti-lock brakes seem to engage almost at every stop. Makes the driver concerned if it will stop at all. Did anyone think to ask if the car comes with a spare? I didn't and when I got my first flat due to an imbedded nail (tires are horrible, by the way)when I called for service, they informed me that they had to tow for the $75 dollar tire filler could not fix the flat. Now KIA offers New owner's choice. (pick the spare, it's only $50 more. There is an old saying I remember: "once you get past the smell, you have it licked", well, once you get past all the little flaws this vehicle has, the rest of the experience of owning a KIA Optima EX is fairly decent. The interior, the cooled and heated seats, the dual climate control, the rear view camera, the NAV system (even though it cost an additional $800, works well and since KIA upgraded the Bluetooth (after about a year and a half), my cellphone once again works well with it. Would I buy another one,depends on whether i can afford one and if they improve the flaws. Otherwise, I will return to Toyota."