2013 Kia Optima Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $30,667 - $32,054.

10/7.8

Based on 235 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

excellent performance for a 4 cylinder

By on Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Pros: "handles and performs well"

Cons: "I experience occassional stall in acceleration,"

"I find the vehicle to perform exceedingly well, just not easy to get repair or contact info when living in a small town with no dealership."

Very nice but needs improvement ... Read on...

By on Monday, May 12, 2014

Pros: "Attractive, plush, premium features, mpg, spacious"

Cons: "Road noise, low pass seat, no spare tire, steering"

"2012 kia optima ex. Awesome car but other reviewers are spot on; excessive road noise, low passenger seat, it DOSENT like to stay straight (always seems to need driver tweaking to keep it straight) there's no spare tire! ( it comes with an electric kia pump and a bottle of tire sealer in the trunk where the spare tire should be- which wont help you during a tire blowout) However- the interior is plush, tons of "premium" features and a solid warranty. It looks real sharp and has plenty of power (200hp in a 3200lb car that gets 37mpg / hw!!!!) I was equally amazed at the generous amount of room in the back seats for passengers. The seats are firm (my car is new) but very comfortable. Overall- you won't regret buying this car for what the msrp is."

High level of road noise.Low front passenger seat

By on Monday, May 05, 2014

Pros: "Great engine power.- Good fuel milage"

Cons: "Low front passenger seat"

"Front passenger seat should be higher to better match height of the drivers seat. Passangers remark that they feel like they are sitting in a hole. Excessive road and tire noise. A bit of added sound proofing would make ride much more pleasant."

grate car!!

By on Tuesday, April 29, 2014

"this car is vary vary smoot, drive real nice and smoot, gas is good, vary cheep to put gas in and drive ware want to go with my wife , she like it vary much!"

What more could you ask for?

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Pros: "Style plus all the bells and whistles"

Cons: "Cost to update GPS, road noise"

"I bought my 2011 Optima in the fall of 2011, so this review is written 2-1/2 years and 60K miles later. I love this car. Mine is a pearl white EX model with the black panoramic sunroof and most of the available options ... the heated & cooled seats are one of my favorites. In my opinion, it is one of the sharpest looking cars on the road, and apparently other people think so, because, as other reviewers have also experienced, I routinely get compliments on it. The non-turbo engine is plenty for me as a fairly conservative driver. My daily commute is partly highway, partly stop-and-go city, and I average 31-32 MPG; on a cross-country vacation it improved to 34-35 MPG. I recently replaced the original tires (though I was told that I had plenty of tread left and didn't really need to) and am pleased that the road noise decreased, which is on my short list of complaints that follows. I haven't had any mechanical trouble whatsoever since I bought it. The place that does my routine maintenance says everything still looks pretty new, including my brakes. Someone said in an earlier review that it didn't do well in snow; I must respectfully disagree. The car has handled quite well all the Wisconsin conditions I've encountered this tough winter (though that is one of the reasons I switched tires). To summarize, the Optima is eye-catching, economical to own, doesn't break the bank to buy, and has most every amenity found in luxury cars, but without the luxury price tag. My rating reflects my satisfaction. When I need one, my next car will almost certainly be another Optima. After these 2-1/2 years I do have a few complaints: 1) I've been a passenger in Cadillac and Lexus sedans, and they are considerably quieter inside. If low road noise is high on your priority list, the Optima may not be right for you. But, of course, you'll pay considerably more for the quieter ride. 2) The in-dash Garmin GPS has great features, tracks perfectly even surrounded by high-rises or mountains, and you can even talk to it and it will help you find what you're looking for. BUT ... updating the maps is ugly. Neither Garmin nor Kia web sites even mention updates (except for the recommendation that you should check with your dealer), so Googling around you'll discover that updates are only available on a USB stick from a third-rate, third-party web site. The cost for a single update is more than twice what I paid for a LIFETIME update subscription on another Garmin GPS I own. Forget that. Frankly, I'm surprised with the thoughtful attention to detail exemplified in every other aspect of this car, that Kia would miss the mark so badly on that one thing. I'm hopeful this shortcoming will be addressed in the future, because I really don't want to part with this car."

See if you qualify for