2013 Kia Optima Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,883 - $20,756.

10/7.8

Based on 236 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

great cat

By on Thursday, November 17, 2011

"have owned my optima for 2 months and LOVE it!! got the base model with navigation and back up camera. quality is great. i traded a toyota corolla in and will never go back. lots of options i love and feel like i'm driving a much more expensive car. fun to drive and looks great. haven't gone on any road trips, i'm getting about 25 mpg city."

Lot of car for the $$$$$

By on Monday, November 07, 2011

Pros: "People think I am driving a Lexus. Fun 4 cyclinder"

Cons: "Trunk arms get in the way of boxes or packages."

"I think it is so cool that when I start to come up to the car the interior lights come on automatically. I did not realize this until I went shopping and when I came out of the store it was dark and was about two feet from the door when the interior lights illuminated. I have the EX so not sure if the LX does that. The heated steering wheel works wonderful maybe too good I had to turn off it was really getting hot. The cooled seats are okay thought they would cool better but my roommate has a Lincoln MKT with cooled front and back seats and they don't feel any different and that thing was $53000 but he got it for $46,000. So you can get two of the EX's decked out for that. It has a cooled glove box...the MKT doesn't and it doesn't have the heated steering. And the Optima rides much better. The MKT rides a little rough. Wonderful Car. And it isn't all plastic inside. Love almost everything about the car. Even has a nice carpeted Optima Mat in the trunk. Oh, Kia needs to get rid of the ARMS that keep the trunk lid up and go to the hydrulaic (sp) arms, that way the boxes or packages don't get in the way. That is the only neg. thing I can think of right now."

OPTIMA- A LEXUS IN DISGUISE

By on Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Pros: "Great Gas Mileage, Sleek design"

Cons: "None."

"We have a "pimped" up Optima with sun roof, moon roof, heated seats, air conditioned seats etc. It is a Lexus in disguise at a third of the cost. People constantly oooh and aaahh over our Optima. It is incredible value and safety and the GAS MILEAGE is awesome! We get around 32 in the city and 39 on the highway! Can't say enough good things about our Kia Optima."

I love this car, BUT it has a few annoyances

By on Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Pros: "Cooled seats"

Cons: "Door locks"

"I love pretty much everything about the car from the power to the performance to the heated and expecially the cooled seats, having a breeze blown against your back would you would normally be sweating in the summer heat is amazing. Now for the slight issues if you push the door lock while your door is open then it will automatically unlock thinking your keys are in the car even if you are standing by the door getting out. Also if you press the button on the door handle to close the door it will only lock if all 4 doors are closed. So if you get out of your car prior to the other passengers you can't lock it via the outside handle. The only foolproof way to lock the car is to take the key out of my pocket and lock the door which is annoying since the car is keyless start. It's also annoying that I can't unlock all 4 doors by pressing the drivers side unlock button on the door. It does not support double press or a longer press to unlock all 4 doors. So in that case I either have to pull my key out of my pocket or I have to make my passengers wait until I get into the car and press the indoor unlock button. Again only minor issues, but a great car overall. The reason I gave it a 4 on reliablity is, because I have already had an issue with the turbo and had to take it into the shop. The shop fixed it quickly and gave me 2 free oil changes. I have talked to the only other optima owner I know and they had the same issue at around 5000 miles. Basically the turbo settings got off and it loses all power and performs worse then even a 4 cylinder until it's fixed."

Great car but low budget paint job quality.

By on Monday, October 31, 2011

Pros: "Great styling and great power. 2011 sx turbo gdi"

Cons: "Cheap paint."

"I bought this car for my wife since she saw it at the NBA slam dunk contest she loved it. So 5 months ago I bought if for her. She loves it but a week after she got it she had some kids egg the cars on our street. It was during the night, so when she called me I told her to go clean it before it got hot in the morning. When I got home I saw where the egg hit it and the paint had peeled off where it was hit, on the door and on the wheels. I was really surprised because the cars on the street that had been victimized did not have the same kind of damage. They had been cleaned and it didn't look like anything happened to the paint. I thought maybe just our bad luck. About 2 months ago my 3 year old was playing in some rocks and he threw a very small rock up in the air. To add to our bad luck it hit the car. I thought it would just bounce off not causing any damage. When I went over to look at it the hood had been dented and the paint had peeled off again. I would understand if it was a larger rock or if it was thrown at higher speed but from a 3 year old. I don't believe it would have gone very fast to cause that kind of damage. The car is great but the paint is obviously very cheap."

See if you qualify for