2013 Kia Optima Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,983 - $20,732.

10/7.8

Based on 247 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Very good vehicle for the money, no complaints

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

"Nice care would definately recommend to others. Drives nice looks great, plenty of room inside and in the truck. I turn my cars over every 2 - 3 years, odds are good my next vehicle will be a KIA."

I looove my Kia

By on Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Pros: "great price,gas mileage, great features"

Cons: "cant think of any at the moment"

"I was a Honda girl,but after purchasing this car I have realized that my car is the best. I have to say I am very please. I hope it continues to please us.:)"

Love my kia

By on Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Pros: "Sporty, roomy, comfortable and not a gas guzzler"

"Love my Kia"

Best car I've owned ...

By on Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Pros: "Good value, knockout styling, economical"

Cons: "Not made in USA"

"... and I've owned at least 15 in my time on earth. I'm one of those that mostly looks at vehicles as transportation, as opposed to a status symbol or "a statement about who I am." If that were not the case, I suspect I wouldn't consider the Kia brand name; it isn't necessarily associated with the rich and famous, but rather the value conscious. Having said that, I am VERY impressed with this vehicle, and I can understand why someone might be driven (no pun intended) to say they loved this car. I have both the Technology and Premium packages, so my Optima EX has many features of higher end vehicles: heated/cooled seats, voice recognition for controlling navigation and media, an entertainment system that will play conventional CDs or MP3 CDs (or MP3s off a flash drive plugged into the USB port) as well as streaming audio via Bluetooth, a sunroof over both front and back seats, a spot to keep beverages cool in the glove compartment, backup camera (something I really miss in our other car now that I'm spoiled); all without the high price. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I realize, but there are some vehicles I would be embarrassed to drive. Not this one. Some designer should get paid double for the 2011 Optima ... IMHO this car is a knockout. The four cylinder has plenty of pep for me, but I must admit when it comes to engines, reliability and economy are much higher priorities for me than horsepower. So far so good in that regard. I do a mix of highway and city driving, and routinely average 31-32 MPG. When someone likes a car this much, it is easy to overlook little grievances, but I should point out that it isn't up to Lexus or Cadillac standards when it comes to interior noise while driving; there is moderate road noise. On the other hand, the windows and doors are nice and tight so there is no "wind whistle" (at least not yet ... my car is about five months old). If you're trying to fit something large into the trunk, you probably should try the back seat instead, because the trunk opening is quite small (in fairness this has a lot to do with the sporty styling of the car ... if you routinely have big things to carry, you're probably shopping for an SUV anyway). So, other than having to arm wrestle with my wife over who gets to drive, I have no substantive complaints, and I would buy another one exactly like it in a heartbeat."

Smooth! Amazing!

By on Saturday, February 04, 2012

Pros: "So much car for the money, looks, comfort"

Cons: "In town gas mileage"

"After over a year of ownership I still look back at this car when I walk away from it to admire it's looks! The inside is as beautiful as the outside and is comfortable no matter how long I've been in the seat. All controls are right where I can easily access them and, like the rest of the car, exude a quality appearance and operational feel. And in what other car can you find a heated steering wheel or a full roof sunroof? For the money the amenities are prodigious and profound! There is virtually no wind noise, little road noise even with the stock tires. The suspension absorbs everything any road so far has given it with style. Starts first push of the button every time. Can't tell when it shifts ordinarily, you have to pay attention to hear it or feel it shift unless you have her at full tilt and even then there is the sense that everything is progressing smoothly without fuss or strain. And this doesn't mean the 2.4L four is short on oomph. For a four cylinder automatic this car has plenty of go. she handles well also, inspiring confidence on curves and corners. Stopping is reassuring with the car achieving short, well controlled stops again without fuss or strain. In short describing this car's performance comes down to one word, SMOOTH! On the road I've gotten as high as 35.2 mpg but in town could use a shot in the arm since it's normally around 20 in cold 21 in warm weather and remains my one disappointment. All in all a keeper! Amazing!"