2011 Kia Optima

Based on 348 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Frugal Luxury

By on Thursday, November 05, 2015

Pros: "Great price, fun, youthful, stylish"

Cons: "Tires, Steering Feel"

Just got the keys

"My prior car was great don't get me wrong, and I really wasn't planning on purchasing anything when we went to look at Kia's, but we test drove my Dark Cherry Optima EX and immediately fell in love. It's very fun to drive, comfortable, and has more options than any other vehicle we cross shopped it with. Mine is fully loaded with Infinity Sound, Panoramic Roof, heated/cooled leather in the front, heated rear seats, heated steering wheel, back up cam, and keyless entry/go. Sure there are some trim surfaces of questionable quality in the interior, but everything else feels soft, plush, and quality. Not a single thing has gone wrong with the vehicle that I didn't cause personally, the only things I will say about the car that I don't like is the tires that Kia puts on them, and we had to have the dealer update the "steering profile" so that the steering actually had feeling. The Nexen tires are soft, wear quickly, are loud, and are not grippy at all in wet or winter weather. I plan on getting a set of Continental's on it and that will immediately fix all of the issues I currently have with it. I would recommend Kia to ANYONE, and will be getting a Cadenza next!"

Just got the keys

Love driving it, but bad transmission

By on Monday, December 12, 2011

Pros: "Handling, features, style and comfort"

Cons: "transmission"

"I've owned my optima for about 4 months now, and love driving it. It's loaded with features and handles great. My only issue has been the transmission...had to have a new transmission at 5000 miles, after 2 tows and an unsuccessful attempt to fix the problem the 1st time. I've had no issues since my transmission replacement, and now am very pleased with my vehicle."

Great value for the money!

By on Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive"

"I bought the car about 6 months ago - and now have around 8,500 miles. Mechanically I have had no issues whatsoever - and have no complaints. The 2.0 turbo has loads of power and plenty get up and go. It is a really fun driving experience for a four door sedan. The motor is very quiet and when driven nicely I can average around 28 mpg in the city (usually average about 26). The highest I have hit on the highway is 36 as an average over a 100 mile trip (usually average about 32). Steering is very tight and responsive - and the ride is very smooth and road noise is very minimal. The interior styling is far above par for others in the class. It still surprises me the level of options you can receive for a car in this price range. The seats are very comfortable - with the exception of those over 6 feet in the back - as the roof slopes back somewhat. I have had no issues with the electronics and everything works as it should. Only complaint about the interior is that there seems to be some sort of component within the door panels that has a slight noise to it when the music is up. On that note the infinity sound system is top notch and is easy to drown out this little annoyance. I absolutely love the exterior styling of the car - with one drawback being that the front bumber sits maybe 3/4 of an inch lower to the ground than other cars in the class. In the midwest we can get a decent amount of snow and I am curious how this will come into play. I have also found myself being very careful when pulling up to curbs - as I have already scraped on many. Beyond that no complaints about the exterior styling whatsoever. Overall a very good car for the money - and the warranty is best in class as well. Should be a great car for many years to come."

great car for the price

By on Thursday, February 19, 2015

"this is my 3 rd kia and i love it !! gas milage in about 35 mpg highway and i drive about 80 percent highway driving my only gripe is that the seats are too low and rather flat my wife hit a deer on the interstate with this car doing 65 mph and it held up beautifully having heavy front end damage which our auto insurance covered the optima is rock solid on the highway bluetooth and xm radio are an upgrade for us also the power seat is very useful to us"

LOVE IT!!!

By on Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Pros: "every thing"

"god bless PETER SCHYER.he really hit the nail on the head when designing this car.it has to be the best car that my wife and ever owned.from porsche to toyota we have had them all.but this is by hands down the most fun car and luxurious car to drive.i will defiantly buy another one of these automobiles."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Kia Optima near Honolulu. See local deals