2008 Kia Optima

Based on 277 Ratings for the 2007 - 2010 models.

Love Mine!

By on Thursday, September 27, 2007

"First I'd like to say I have always owned hondas or toyotas BUT because of the warranty a 2005 Kia Sorento was my first...I loved everything about it EXCEPT for the gas mileage. This year I traded for an Optima...was kind of worried because I would no longer have the SUV to haul things if needed but I LOVE IT! I bought the 4-cyl. for the gas mileage (getting 35-36!) and it's got plenty of power unless your on hilly terrain. I've had the need to haul things and was greatly surprised how much I packed into the car...amazed actually! I think the new Optima has a great sporty look too...didn't like the looks of the 2007 accord or camry...LOVE MINE SO FAR!!!"

Greatest Car for the Money

By on Monday, October 20, 2008

"I own a 2006.5 Optima LX with just over 54,000. It basically has all options except for the V6, leather, and fog lights. This car is an awesome car for the money. I NEVER thought I would buy a Kia and as life goes sometimes, I ended up purchasing this one for $10,500 used with 47,000 miles on it. It was a retired rental vehicle and after driving it, I found it to be a much smarter choice over purchasing a smaller car for the same amount of money like a Civic, or Focus. I am very pleased with this car. The interior is very well laid out and looks great with the light colored digital displays on the radio and instrument cluster, and knobs. The car feels just as high of quality as an Accord or Camry and even comes with a better warranty. My only complaint is the lack of a V6, but the gas mileage more than makes up for it. Several of my friends own smaller cars like the Civics and Focus and they are surprised at how great my mileage is which is at times better than their cars, and its bigger! The room inside is awesome. I sit with the seat in the furthest position from the dash, and my passengers never complain of needing extra leg room in the back. The trunk is huge. This car was rated the safest midsized sedan on US roads for front, side, AND rear crashes, which apparently no other car in its class has. It also has side impact airbags for front passengers, and side head airbags for front and rear passengers."

I was a REAL LIFE crash test dummy

By on Friday, December 30, 2011

"I bought my kia brand new in 10/10 and after a couple of weeks getting use to the new ride after living in a Corolla. I have enjoyed the comfortable and roomy ride as well as the great gas mileage. The best kudo for this vehicle is that 3 weeks ago I was involved in a head collision in which I was hit headon/square and was able to crawl out and basically walk away ... In hindsight, and looking at the vehicle after I was released from the hospital took me to my knees. I would HIGHLY recommend the Kia Optima to ANYONE!!! It saved my life!!! and with very little damage to me. I will be replacing it for sure!!! Keep on Keepin' on!!! Kia's Rock!!"

great little car

By on Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pros: "really nice, fun to drive, economical, good lookin"

Cons: "the drivers seat"

"i bought this with about 13K on it in '11. the car is solid on the road, has great brakes (make your eyeballs pop out) it's quite quick, passing is a breeze. drove it from upstate NY to and around NM. 6000+ trip. i averaged just under 34mpg overall. the handling is quick and responsive. it drives and rides like a much more expensive car. i like the cloth interior. i prefer it over leather. it's not as hot in the summer and it's warmer in the winter my only complaint, and i've heard if from others, is the drivers seat. it's not very comfortable on long drives. it just didn't "fit" right."

Never pictured myself in a Kia

By on Monday, December 29, 2008

"When my Honda Pilot reached well over a hundred thousand miles, it was time for a new car. This time I was going to have everything i wanted in a car... leather... cd changer... power everything. I set out to get my dream Honda.... When I priced the Accord I wanted.. i could not afford the 38,000 they wanted. A friend recommended that I looked at a Kia. I laughed at him..... until I actually took his advice. I got everything I wanted in my accord in my 2008 Optima.... Is it perfect... not by any means... is it a pleasure to drive and ride in... you bet..... and I saved well over 15,000 dollars. I have a few gripes that I hope Kia will look at in the future. The "carpet" in the car is VERY cheap compared to a Honda or a Nissan. I wish the engine had a touch more power, as the Honda was far more powerful. My overall opinion... I am glad that I did buy the Kia.... I was able to pay cash for the car instead of financing, and I feel I got a remarkable value!"

Great Value

By on Tuesday, January 22, 2008

"I've been pleasantly surprised by this vehicle. I have 27K on it now with no issues. Only improvements could be on gas mileage and interior fabric choices (all fabrics were solid, light colors which shows dirt). Gas peddle/throttle can be touchy but I am now accustomed to it. Lots of omph from the 4 banger, no need for a 6. Very smooth transmission and ride. Owned two corollas before this one (250K and 150K on each) and wanted a larger car with automatic transmission. Looked at Camry but went with Optima saving me several thousand. So far no regrets!"

Awesome!!!

By on Thursday, September 27, 2007

"This is my first brand new car ever, and I love it! Great gas mileage, smooth ride, and overall a great car! You won't be disappointed."

like it more than i thought...

By on Tuesday, September 04, 2007

"Great commuter, decent pep, like the options for even a basic LX... Mileage is no where near 24/34 it claims... Most of my driving is highway, and I still only avg 25... City, under 22. Overall, decent car, decent price...I like it much more than I thought I would!"

A great vehicle

By on Tuesday, July 13, 2010

"The only thing that makes me sad with this vehicle is the resale value of it. It does not seem quite fair that this car is valued so low. It is below what I owe on it at this moment. I have a 2008 Optima and resale is about $4,000 lower than my loan. I will drive this until it falls apart and will buy another, but I do feel the resale value is unfair on this car"

Best Value in its Class

By on Friday, September 07, 2007

"You cannot find a better value in a full size sedan. 5 year/60,000 mile standard warranty with a 10 year/100,000 mile warranty on the powertrain and 5 year/60,000 mile roadside assistance. Great styling and comfort to boot. You can buy a base model with automatic/air and all power assists for under $18,000. You can keep your Camry and Accord. I'll take my Optima and love it!! No one beats the value of this vehicle!!"

One of the best cars I have ever owned!

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Pros: "good to drive, reliable"

Cons: "issue with the back shocks"

"I bought this car used in 2010 after my previous car "died" engine wise. I was in a huge hurry to get a car and bought this one on a whim. I wasn't super happy in the beginning because it wasn't really what I was looking for but it grew on me. I paid too much for it simply because I didn't research and look around enough but it ended up being an excellent car. At the time I was driving an hour one way to work 3-5 days a week and the gas mileage was good. It has the look and feel of a much more expensive car without the price tag to go with it. I would recommend this car to a commuter anytime!"

Best Vehicle I owned ever

By on Wednesday, October 13, 2010

"It is as I expected...A great Vehicle...Driving, Handling, Comfort experience...all that I wanted it to be......"

1 yr, 12k miles, great

By on Monday, July 19, 2010

"After 1st year, 12,000 miles...extremely happy with choice so far. No complaints at all yet, hope we're not jinxing anything. Compared & shopped long time..picked it over the Camry & Sonata ( same car really) & Fusion after narrowed down to those. For the value, features, comfort....we are still very happy with the choice!!"

Real value...KIA

By on Monday, July 05, 2010

"I have owned several Kias' and an very impressed with the quality and service of the vehicles. Smooth ride and easy handling are outstanding. Dependability is the key with this auto. Never any repairs needed with regular maintenence of the vehicle. Kia includes several luxury items as standard such as keyless entry, PW, PL, PS, Sat. radio and mp3 jacks, cruise control and now with ESC and tire pressure monitoring. Great buy for the money."

Great Value

By on Tuesday, July 21, 2009

"I went from a BMW to the KIA. The car is a great one, the ONLY negitive for me is it rides a little harsh. Fit and finish is great and very low road noise. I took it on an 800 mile road trip and got about 25 mpg highway and 80+ mph. The V6 really steps up and moves. Quick little car."

I love this car.

By on Monday, June 15, 2009

"This car has all of the amenities of a luxury car. It is spacious on the inside and has wonderful features. I have not had any problems with this car. I've had to have my blinking lights changed in the back of the car, regular oil changes, and regular inspections as recommended by the dealer. I love this car."

Best Value Ever

By on Monday, March 23, 2009

"Amazing! That sums it up. This is the 3rd Optima I've had. I've had it for 3 years now and 48,000 miles and friends continue to be impressed by the ride and appearance every time in it. All my Optimas have been excellent but the build quality continues to improve. Among the NEW vehicles I have owned in the past 10 years include 2 Mazdas, 3 Dodge Caravans, 1 Volvo Wagon, 1 Nissan Altima, 1 Honda Accord, and a couple that escape me at the moment. This is FAR and AWAY the best value, the nicest ride and most comfortable sedan I've ever owned. Very nimble in corners and turns, very stable and predictable, extremely quiet, shockingly quick to 60 mph and acouple of months ago I drove I-65 from Chicago area to Indianapolis and was never below 100 mph for an hour and a half and it was sooo smooth and quiet, even at that speed that all my passengers slept most of the way. Even after 48K miles the car tracks dead straight with my hands off the wheel and stops without any pulling. The ONLY maintenance the vehicle has required that wasn't normal, routine maintenance is the remote trunk lock button on my key fob has lost its programming 4 times. That's it. I bought this car new with bargaining and incentives for just a tad over $12,000 -- it's a 2006.5 model and it's current KBB value is just about $7000. That's a loss of about $5000. A similar Accord has lost just a little more in value but cost over $4K MORE to buy and had less space, the same MPG and poorer handling AND a vastly poorer warranty. And Kia is 5 Star Crash -rated in every category with side-curtain air bags standard even on this model! So, I would have lost as much money to depreciation and paid more to get less. Yeah, I've owned Honda. Never again. As long as Kia makes 'em this good and prices 'em this well, I'm sticking to Kia. Try it blindfolded (let a friend drive) and then YOU tell ME which is better! You'll be shocked. I guarantee it."

A Real Surprise

By on Sunday, December 23, 2007

"I traded in a 1995 Cadillac Eldorado Touring Coupe for a 2007 Optima. I'm a big guy and I found comparable knee room in the Kia. Also, lights and temperature are "auto" so all I have to do is drive. The heated seat is a nice feature. I chose a red car with a tan interior and window tint. Great look. Gas milage is far better than the Caddy. Both have a sun roof. The sound system is good also. I luv it!"

I love it

By on Saturday, November 24, 2007

"I traded my convertable PT in for this and it was the best decision on car buying I have ever made, The kids get in easy and have not complained about them being on each others side , We have driven for hours to the lake for the weekend and my husband wants to drive because it Glides on air and the kids fall asleep so fast, the stereo is the best sound ever and We have no outside noise to deal with, All around the best car I have ever owned. in the city it will get up and move in a quik mannor, This car will -as my father would say" get out of its own way""

what else do you need

By on Sunday, November 04, 2007

"After driving the Honda Accord, the Toyota Camry, and the Nissan Altima I like the Kia the best. For 20,000 I got a car that would have cost 30,000 from the others mentioned."

No regrets.

By on Sunday, September 23, 2007

"I was scared to buy a Kia at first. The warranty and the price, plus some other decent reviews, were what convinced me. I still think it was a good choice. I have the decked out 2006.5 with leather and all the toys. I could have paid the same money to get a lot less Nissan with a wimpy warranty but why? So what are my problems? 1. The awful new-car smell. After a year, it's finally fading... Either that or I'm just used to it. 2. This is small but, while I have power everything, there's no lumbar ajustment. Not even a manual one. Look, I said it was small. 3. No satellite radio support - even in the upgraded Infinity stereo. This car is comfortable and pleasant to drive. I actually HAVE recommended it to friends and family. Some people still turn up their noses but that's okay. They have every right to be wrong."

2007 Kia Optima

By on Sunday, August 26, 2007

"I purchase car for my wife who mainly drives in town. So far, so good (<1000 Miles). I like the styling and the 4 cyc engine has plenty of power. For the price (I paid $15200 + Taxes) I feel it is a good value."

As much fun as my Mercedes SLK

By on Friday, October 02, 2015

Pros: "Super handeling, great milage, Fun Car"

Cons: "Can't think of a one after 6 years!"

"I bought this car for my wife. She loves it and wouldn't let me trade it in for a new one for her two years ago. It has been a great car. It is fully loaded with every option both factory and dealer add on's! We live on the coast and drive the windy hilly roads of the coast all the time and honestly this handles as nice as my little Mercedes SLK sports car. But why shouldn't it? Both have electronic stability control, Antilock brakes, tuned suspensions, etc. I have a cornering G force meter in my SLK stereo, wish I had one in the Optima to compare because I think it would match. I have a hunch she will keep this one for a long while. Her Idea, Not Mine! Though I have to agree it is a great car to drive."

Great car with great handling & dependability.

By on Thursday, March 20, 2014

Pros: "Handles very well, good mpg, terrific visability."

Cons: "Horrible seatcover fabric (lint) easy to dent!"

"I love this car. I would love it more with some added features, but I purchased it in 2009 when it was "new" and a year old and those features were not an option. I don't like the seats because they are lint magnets, and I'd like heated leather. Also, no connection for my Ipod. This car has fantastic visibility, which is one reason I chose it over others, which makes it great for travel. It's zippy and still gets great milage, 30 mpg highway and 22 city. Can't complain. It's comfortable and handles really well in corners. Love the automatic shifter for snow!"

Good Vehicle---value depreciates fast

By on Thursday, January 16, 2014

Pros: "reliable and nice exterior/interior design"

Cons: "value depreciated to fast"

"Bought this car new in 2008 and we have had no mechanical problems at all! It is reliable and the interior and exterior of the car are very nice. It rides good. Only problem we have had is the interior light going out. I would recommend this car. The value of Kia's depreciate fast so that is the only set back I see."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Kia Optima near Honolulu. See local deals