2008 Kia Optima

Based on 264 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

Great car for the price I paid!

By on Friday, August 22, 2014

Pros: "great price, held up well with 100k in 5 years"

Cons: "interior is a little cheap in some spots"

"This car has outlasted my expectations - at purchase, we were able to talk the dealer down to 13,900. It is the base model, but I was not looking for fancy. The 100,000 mile warranty was the biggest selling point, as my daily commute is rather long. At 5 years and 100,000 miles, I really cannot complain. The transmission didn't die, but was slipping a bit - so the dealer replaced it under warranty at 80K+/- miles. I gave it a 7 for quality because for a few different reasons: the original brakes had to be replaced at 30K and the rotors near after. The visor vinyl is cracking and pulling away from the mirrors, and the latch on the front armrest compartment is broken. The seat coverings seem durable and the interior does easily clean up. The car has always driven well in terms of comfort and road handling. The exterior design is nothing fancy, but seems pretty modern alongside parked BMW's. There is LOTS of trunk room, and the back seats both fold down. I had to use the free roadside assistance a few times - once for a lockout and once for a flat tire - that was helpful."

Never had a problem. Great pickup for 4 cyl.

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

"Only problem with car is middle passenger in rear seat is uncomfortable due to drop down arm rest (causes bulge in seat) Only an occasional problem, as usually there is only my wife and I in the car."

ran really well

By on Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Pros: "low maintenance"

Cons: "uncomfortable seating"

"rode smooth. very uncomfortable seats. interior made of low quality. road noise. steering a little rough to handle, especially with passengers."

Nearly excellant condition.

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "Very well taken care of by a female driver."

Cons: "Service history is not 100% complete."

Super used vehicle, well taken care of.

"Four new tires and brake job within last 2 months. Excellent appearance. Well taken care of, inside and out. Averages over 25 mpg in city driving. Drives and steers very nicely. Nice radio and CD player. Lower than average mileage. Exterior is grey with chrome trim and door handles. Steering wheel is fixed. Power driver's seat adjustment. Power windows, door locks and side view mirrors. Trunk and gas cover releases on driver door."

Super used vehicle, well taken care of.

Best factory built car I ever owned.

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Pros: "Handling, build quality"

Cons: "Voice activated nav is a litttle flaky"

"I have the SX model, which for years prior to 2011 is VERY rare, and my dealer says he has never seen another 4-cyl SX like mine. The 4-cyl is a better balanced car than the V6, while giving up little in terms of power. The car is surprisingly quick, due to excellent gear ratios in the automatic. On the highway, it can get from point to point much faster than the speed limits will allow, topping out around 130 mph. I once made a cannonball run from Memphis to San Antonio averaging over 80 mph, and the car never seemed pressed at all. The SX suspension is a lot better than the other models and corners more like a sports car. Its handling capabilities are far outside most passengers' comfort zone. All of that said, this is also the first car I ever bought new that had no adjustments needed at the first service, and over 4 years of (very) enthusiastic driving, nothing has ever broken. The Michelin performance tires that came on it are only half worn. It gets over 30 mpg on the highway at 80 mph on cruise and gets around 21 mpg in town with my heavy foot."

Affordable Luxury to Drive and Maintain

By on Thursday, June 26, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, style, and excellent gas mileage"

"I bought this 2009 Kia Optima after researching other vehicles of the same class (Toyota Camry, Honda Accord, Chevy Malibu, Nissan Altima and others). After the technical and price comparisons, the verdict was KIA Optima hands down. I have been enjoying the quiet, comfortable, and peppy ride without any mechanical problem. The car has 80K and still drives like new. I just put a new set of tires and all around brakes, and ready to hit the road for another 80K."

would buy this vehicle again

By on Friday, June 06, 2014

Pros: "look good in it while driving"

Cons: "more gas mileage"

"I really enjoyed this car I purchased it in Feb of 2007."

This car is unbelieveable great!!!

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Pros: "fast car and great to drive"

Cons: "can use gas -V6 engine"

"My Grandma gave me this car after purchasing a new Kia Optima. This car is quick and roomy for me and I'm taking to college with me in the fall! I've had no problems with the car in the 2 yrs since I got it. It even has a tire pressure reader to notify me when my tires are low...how cool is that? My parents have taken it out of town quite a bit and its excellent on gas on the highway!!! Thanks grandma and thanks Kia for the best car ever!!!"

Been an excellent car for my wife,

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

Pros: "Handling, Gas Milage 34 Hwy 31 Avg 27 City"

Cons: "I Have not found any yet in 4 years.."

"Handles, runs as nicely and has all the same options as my Mercedes SLK Kompressor. Has the leather, Navigation, Sirius Satellite, CD and MP3 player, the same Electronic Stability Control, the same 4 wheel Disc Brakes, Fuel Injection instead of the SLK's Supercharger but still sweet. Air Bags Galore. The Kia has a retractable sunroof instead of the SLK's retractable top, but that works! The difference, the SLK costs way more than this one. And the Optima has held it's value great... The SLK, well maybe not so much! LOL They are both fun to drive!"

Great car with great handling & dependability.

By on Thursday, March 20, 2014

Pros: "Handles very well, good mpg, terrific visability."

Cons: "Horrible seatcover fabric (lint) easy to dent!"

"I love this car. I would love it more with some added features, but I purchased it in 2009 when it was "new" and a year old and those features were not an option. I don't like the seats because they are lint magnets, and I'd like heated leather. Also, no connection for my Ipod. This car has fantastic visibility, which is one reason I chose it over others, which makes it great for travel. It's zippy and still gets great milage, 30 mpg highway and 22 city. Can't complain. It's comfortable and handles really well in corners. Love the automatic shifter for snow!"

Real surprize.

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Pros: "A lot of features for the $"

"Bought new 3/07. Not the sexiest looking car but very reliable, comfortable, handles well, great gas mileage with the 2.7 V6, as high as 34mpg highway. current miles @103575 and no problems. Looking forward to the next 100K."

Good Vehicle---value depreciates fast

By on Thursday, January 16, 2014

Pros: "reliable and nice exterior/interior design"

Cons: "value depreciated to fast"

"Bought this car new in 2008 and we have had no mechanical problems at all! It is reliable and the interior and exterior of the car are very nice. It rides good. Only problem we have had is the interior light going out. I would recommend this car. The value of Kia's depreciate fast so that is the only set back I see."

I WOULD BUY AGAIN

By on Saturday, January 04, 2014

Pros: "Great price,reliable.."

Cons: "Give me something to complain about.."

I customised rims.

"I did not want a KIA..At the time they ran an ad,'' buy one get one 1/2 price....'' So I thought, how good could these be ??? I bought this unit used..It still has bells and whistles I have not discovered...This is the only car I have faith in...Maintenance free,good gas mileage,and very roomy....The dealer '' wore me down.'' After 9 hours in the lot , I gave in and purchased this unit...!!!! I am sooooo glad the dealer sold me this unit!!!!!! All I had to spend on maintenance....Light bulbs,tune up,and now I will purchase the last serpentine belt this unit will ever need...I am from the ''rust belt '' and considered '' buying American.'' However, it is American autos that I see on the side of I 77 broken down...These are very well built , with pride....I paid 12,000.00 for this unit..I would buy another,however the price for replacement is prohibitive...39,000.00..."

I customised rims.

i didn't want to buy this car

By on Sunday, December 15, 2013

Pros: "easy access, great gas mileage, powerful, comfy"

Cons: "not an '11"

"i live in upstate NY near Syracuse. a friend was working at a local dealership and knew i was looking for a new car. he told me to drive this car. i told him i didn't want a kia. he said "humor me." i did and i bought the car. i got a great car at a great price. the build quality was excellent. i had it rust proofed and it's quiet. it's powerful beyond my expectations. it has great pick up and handles very well on the road, in town and in snow (4 blizzak snow tires). it gets good gas mileage (32+ on trips and 22 to 25 around town, on regular gas). there have been no reliability issues."

Best car I have ever owned

By on Monday, November 18, 2013

Pros: "safety ratings, great smooth ride, gas mileage"

"I have owned many cars in my 54 years and this one is by far the best in everything.........love the color (Metal Bronze), stylish, comfort, smooth ride and awesome gas mileage. The LX features are also great.........I am LOVING IT! GREAT government safety ratings also!"

Excellent Value

By on Friday, November 15, 2013

Pros: "great price, good mpg, low maintenance"

Cons: "? none....."

"I bought the car for my wife brand new in April 2008. It is a 2007 EX, 4 cyl. I had to replace the drivers side sun visor last year, the original brakes were replaced around 50,000 mi. No issues with the car, averages around 26-27 mpg. Great car, hope to give to my son in a couple of years."

Been a great car for me

By on Thursday, October 10, 2013

Pros: "ac works great!"

Cons: "its still a stick shift"

"Love this car. Bought it new and have put 137000 miles on it in 4 years. Drives and feels solid. Totally dependable, only trouble I have is with the fuel Door it sticks sometimes. I even had it repaired under warranty and still have the same issues from time to time."

Love this car no problems, reliable, great style

By on Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Pros: "Great style, easy & fun to drive, sound system"

Cons: "Interior choices could be improved, seats, etc"

"Only had general maintenance do love everything about car. Would recommend this car."

Love this car no problems, reliable, great style

By on Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Pros: "Great style, easy & fun to drive, sound system"

Cons: "Interior choices could be improved, seats, etc"

Great car

By on Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive. Large trunk Wish I had a sunroof"

"Very dependable car. I'm 6'2"and have plenty room. Suprisingly strong 4 cly no problem entering expressways. Have to jack with cruise sometimes to get engaged,but I would purchase another, I would love to get a new one but they have become quite pricey will haveto look at used."

Started out great, turned sour.

By on Friday, June 21, 2013

Cons: "Very poor reliability, expensive to repair."

"We purchased the car used, with low mileage in late 2010. We were originally impressed with the value of the vehicle and thought we got a lot of car for our money. Our original impression was nice ride, decent handling, reasonably quiet on the highway, good mileage, and good power for a four cylinder. The car had a few minor issues, which were repaired at the dealer. This year, 2013, our feelings towards the car changed for the worse. The transmission failed shortly after the warranty expired and KIA would not work with us at all on a repair which cost us $2700 for a rebuilt unit installed. A month after this, the air bag light came on and after a trip to the dealer for a diagnosis(five minutes and $100 later), they told us we needed to replace the front passenger seat at the amazing low price of $1500. We will be trading the car in with the problem as it is not worth fixing the problem at this point. It is hard to like a car that costs almost half its value in repairs in a few short months. We are now looking to dump the car and buy American which we should have done in the first place. This was our first and last car that was not built here. We understand cars break, but major mechanical and electrical failures at such low mileage (65000) are inexcusable, especially since the manufacturer refuses to work with you which tells us that they do not feel they are selling a quality product."

Extremely reliable, comfortable and maintainable.

By on Friday, June 21, 2013

Pros: "Great ride, very reliable, fun to drive and handle"

"I bought it brand new and it has been good to me and my family ever since. No major issues to complain about, had to replace driver side sun visor and some minimal wear and tear, other than that it has been a very reliable car. I get compliments on it all the time, especially being a Kia. The ride is smooth, picks up speed when needed, manages nicely, very comfortable seating in front and back, an all around great car."

Runs like a charm. No repairs needed yet.

By on Friday, June 21, 2013

Pros: "Handsome styling: peppy V-6, ideal city car, too."

Cons: "I'll try to think of something."

"Just change the oil every 5,000 miles. Installed new brakes 2 yrs ago. Minimal upkeep required."

Decent car for the price

By on Friday, May 24, 2013

Pros: "reliable"

Cons: "not much fun about it"

"I enjoyed my Kia, I have had it new since 2008. I have had no major issues. My wife at the time also had same model. She had engine replaced in her's due to Kia service tech not putting the oil plug back into the car correctly. The only thing that I have noticed with my car is that the manual transmission is stiff to go into lower gears. The other Optima's manual transmission was smooth. Overall it is a good car I think."

Great all around car! (And its a KIA!!!)

By on Thursday, April 25, 2013

Pros: "Great value, Satellite radio, reliable!"

Cons: "Friends giving you a hard time about buying a KIA!"

"Bought this car with about 18K on it from Carmax in March 2010 and have approximately 77K on it now. I have replaced two tires and the rear brakes and had regular oil changes done at 5000mi intervals. Nothing else! Only one recall to reprogram the transmission shortly after I bought it(fixed by dealer under warranty). Also the window switches on the driver's side door quit working and were replaced under warranty at 59K. This has been a very reliable car and I highly recommend it. I drive 90 miles a day and average 29 mpg in mixed highway/city driving. I doubted KIA quality and reliability at first, but I am a believer now and look forward to the day I buy another. PS Buy the 2.4 four over the V6 and save about $800, by not having to replace the timing belt at 50K"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Kia Optima near Honolulu. See local deals