2008 Kia Optima

Based on 264 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

Great car for the price I paid!

By on Friday, August 22, 2014

Pros: "great price, held up well with 100k in 5 years"

Cons: "interior is a little cheap in some spots"

"This car has outlasted my expectations - at purchase, we were able to talk the dealer down to 13,900. It is the base model, but I was not looking for fancy. The 100,000 mile warranty was the biggest selling point, as my daily commute is rather long. At 5 years and 100,000 miles, I really cannot complain. The transmission didn't die, but was slipping a bit - so the dealer replaced it under warranty at 80K+/- miles. I gave it a 7 for quality because for a few different reasons: the original brakes had to be replaced at 30K and the rotors near after. The visor vinyl is cracking and pulling away from the mirrors, and the latch on the front armrest compartment is broken. The seat coverings seem durable and the interior does easily clean up. The car has always driven well in terms of comfort and road handling. The exterior design is nothing fancy, but seems pretty modern alongside parked BMW's. There is LOTS of trunk room, and the back seats both fold down. I had to use the free roadside assistance a few times - once for a lockout and once for a flat tire - that was helpful."

Never had a problem. Great pickup for 4 cyl.

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

"Only problem with car is middle passenger in rear seat is uncomfortable due to drop down arm rest (causes bulge in seat) Only an occasional problem, as usually there is only my wife and I in the car."

ran really well

By on Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Pros: "low maintenance"

Cons: "uncomfortable seating"

"rode smooth. very uncomfortable seats. interior made of low quality. road noise. steering a little rough to handle, especially with passengers."

Nearly excellant condition.

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "Very well taken care of by a female driver."

Cons: "Service history is not 100% complete."

Super used vehicle, well taken care of.

"Four new tires and brake job within last 2 months. Excellent appearance. Well taken care of, inside and out. Averages over 25 mpg in city driving. Drives and steers very nicely. Nice radio and CD player. Lower than average mileage. Exterior is grey with chrome trim and door handles. Steering wheel is fixed. Power driver's seat adjustment. Power windows, door locks and side view mirrors. Trunk and gas cover releases on driver door."

Super used vehicle, well taken care of.

Best factory built car I ever owned.

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Pros: "Handling, build quality"

Cons: "Voice activated nav is a litttle flaky"

"I have the SX model, which for years prior to 2011 is VERY rare, and my dealer says he has never seen another 4-cyl SX like mine. The 4-cyl is a better balanced car than the V6, while giving up little in terms of power. The car is surprisingly quick, due to excellent gear ratios in the automatic. On the highway, it can get from point to point much faster than the speed limits will allow, topping out around 130 mph. I once made a cannonball run from Memphis to San Antonio averaging over 80 mph, and the car never seemed pressed at all. The SX suspension is a lot better than the other models and corners more like a sports car. Its handling capabilities are far outside most passengers' comfort zone. All of that said, this is also the first car I ever bought new that had no adjustments needed at the first service, and over 4 years of (very) enthusiastic driving, nothing has ever broken. The Michelin performance tires that came on it are only half worn. It gets over 30 mpg on the highway at 80 mph on cruise and gets around 21 mpg in town with my heavy foot."

Affordable Luxury to Drive and Maintain

By on Thursday, June 26, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, style, and excellent gas mileage"

"I bought this 2009 Kia Optima after researching other vehicles of the same class (Toyota Camry, Honda Accord, Chevy Malibu, Nissan Altima and others). After the technical and price comparisons, the verdict was KIA Optima hands down. I have been enjoying the quiet, comfortable, and peppy ride without any mechanical problem. The car has 80K and still drives like new. I just put a new set of tires and all around brakes, and ready to hit the road for another 80K."

would buy this vehicle again

By on Friday, June 06, 2014

Pros: "look good in it while driving"

Cons: "more gas mileage"

"I really enjoyed this car I purchased it in Feb of 2007."

This car is unbelieveable great!!!

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Pros: "fast car and great to drive"

Cons: "can use gas -V6 engine"

"My Grandma gave me this car after purchasing a new Kia Optima. This car is quick and roomy for me and I'm taking to college with me in the fall! I've had no problems with the car in the 2 yrs since I got it. It even has a tire pressure reader to notify me when my tires are low...how cool is that? My parents have taken it out of town quite a bit and its excellent on gas on the highway!!! Thanks grandma and thanks Kia for the best car ever!!!"

Been an excellent car for my wife,

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

Pros: "Handling, Gas Milage 34 Hwy 31 Avg 27 City"

Cons: "I Have not found any yet in 4 years.."

"Handles, runs as nicely and has all the same options as my Mercedes SLK Kompressor. Has the leather, Navigation, Sirius Satellite, CD and MP3 player, the same Electronic Stability Control, the same 4 wheel Disc Brakes, Fuel Injection instead of the SLK's Supercharger but still sweet. Air Bags Galore. The Kia has a retractable sunroof instead of the SLK's retractable top, but that works! The difference, the SLK costs way more than this one. And the Optima has held it's value great... The SLK, well maybe not so much! LOL They are both fun to drive!"

Great car with great handling & dependability.

By on Thursday, March 20, 2014

Pros: "Handles very well, good mpg, terrific visability."

Cons: "Horrible seatcover fabric (lint) easy to dent!"

"I love this car. I would love it more with some added features, but I purchased it in 2009 when it was "new" and a year old and those features were not an option. I don't like the seats because they are lint magnets, and I'd like heated leather. Also, no connection for my Ipod. This car has fantastic visibility, which is one reason I chose it over others, which makes it great for travel. It's zippy and still gets great milage, 30 mpg highway and 22 city. Can't complain. It's comfortable and handles really well in corners. Love the automatic shifter for snow!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Kia Optima near Honolulu. See local deals