2004 Kia Optima

7.7

Based on 335 Ratings for the 2001 - 2006 models.

Great car

By on Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Pros: "Lots of room in back seat for adults. Comfy front"

Cons: "Newer models have better mileage"

"Nothing ever seems to go wrong with this car. I have 107000 miles and except for routine things like tires and breaks, everything runs fine. Just replaced the plugs and had a tune-up (100,000 miles). Had one problem with the steering shaft at 90K, but that got fixed and nothing since."

LOVE it!

By on Saturday, July 17, 2010

"Bought 2003 Optima in 2003, 13 miles. AWESOME car! Basic repairs and main and gas and she is great! Amazing mpg! 375-400 miles per tank. Comfy leg room in back and front. Nice trunk! Has the get up and go I need/want without the gas guzzling of a 6 cyl. I have 3 carseats in back seat and fit comfy. Only complaint has been paint on pass. side chipped and railing came off a few times, dealership repaired multiple times. I finally gave up, its chipped but there. Only wish 4 wheel ABS were standard. 98k miles and just now replacing fuel filter. Replaced timing belt/chain last year at about 85k miles. I am also short (5'2" and spouse is taller 5'10" and we both fit comfy with kids not complaining in back of lack of leg room. Great car! Looking at a Sedona next. Have owned 4 Kias (Sephia, Rio, Rio Cinco (garbage car) and my Optima."

very good vehicle for a short person

By on Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Pros: "Great price, very reliable, easy to drive and park"

Cons: "Back seat pockets elastic is too strong"

"vehicle works great for a short person. the back seat neck braces obstruct drivers view. removed mine as no back seat passengers. the only problem I have had is the air bag light coming on and staying on when no problems with the air bag. This only happens when the drivers seat is put in a different position. Have had no problems since I no longer move the driver seat."

Love it...

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pros: "See above"

Cons: "None that I can think of"

"I have been in two major accidents in my life, the last in my Kia. This car performed better than I could have asked for. I came away without more than a bruise on my are due to the seat belt restraint. The prior car I had, the seat belt did not hold and I had a major head injury that took me years to recover from. I love and trust this car to keep me safe, not to mention excellent gas mileage and very low maintenance."

Never had a better car

By on Thursday, March 13, 2008

"I bought this car in 2002. It has been an awesome car. With the help of three teenagers it now has 195,000 miles [and a lot of stories] and is still going strong. I had some window motor problems at first but it was all covered under the outstanding warranty. I plan to drive this car till she drops. It owes me nothing."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Kia Optima near Honolulu. See local deals