2003 Kia Optima

7.7

Based on 334 Ratings for the 2001 - 2006 models.

Longest I've ever owned a car

By on Thursday, January 30, 2014

"I bought my baby brand new with only 17 miles on her in August 2003. She now has 120,000 miles on her and I'm trading her in on a 2013 Kia Optima. Previously, I traded my cars in every 2-3 years since I rarely was happy with a car for very long. The day I bought this car though I knew I'd be happy with her for a long time. The only maintenance I've had to do on her is a timing belt replaced, catalytic converter last year and a CV joint on the front axle last year. Oh, and a radiator hose that collapsed 3 months ago. She's been a great car and still gets 28 mpg (34 HWY). I'll be sad to see her go but I think it's time for an upgrade. Maybe my next Optima will last me just as long as this one did. This will be my 3rd Kia purchase in 15 years (first car was a Kia Sephia). I'm a proud Kia owner and will never buy anything else."

One owner, dealer care, very clean, no dents, fun

By on Saturday, January 18, 2014

"Very clean, dent free, roomy 4 door V6 low, low mileage. Recent dealer oil change and check up. One owner, a very good driver, a lttle old lady in sneakers."

a lovable money pit

By on Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, handles well"

Cons: "engine troubles, picky about gas"

"I bought this car used 3 years ago. It was the first car I've ever test-driven and I loved how it handled. There is enough play in the wheel that if your hands jitter a little, it won't affect where the car is headed, but it has automatic steering and is nothing like the ball-and-pinion steering I "upgraded" from. I didn't like it as much as I do now when I bought the car, but I needed a set of wheels other than my mother's car and the car I owned at the time was undrivable. I simply love my car, but what drives me crazy is how much work it needs to maintain. In the last 16 months alone, I had roughly $4500 worth of work done on the car, half of that alone from major engine work fixing a cylinder head issue. Before I had that fixed, the car had been having intermittent acceleration issues, but after I got it fixed (it was probably broken the day I bought the car and the problem kept getting worse with time), the car drove like a whole new car. I still sometimes have trouble with the acceleration, but now it is mainly due to bad gas (this car is so picky when it comes to gas, it acts up every time it doesn't like the gas you fill it up with) and/or wind. Although this car doesn't get pushed around in the wind easily, the 4-cylinder engine sounds stressed whenever it is very windy out. Overall, when it is not being picky or having engine issues, this car is a very reliable car. The only other issues I've had is the AC compressor somehow got busted on me and I have to replace a headlight every three months (and soak the headlights every year). I also replace the windshield wipers every year, but that's mainly due to love bugs tearing them up and scratching the windshield in the process. I love my car, but I think I bought a lemon the day I bought it. Overall, I wouldn't really recommend it to anyone because it is a money pit, but if you have the money (which I don't), it does make a fantastic car that handles well on curves and is a nice car to take down a windy country road for a drive. If I had known three years ago what a money pit i would be buying, I wouldn't have purchased this car, but now I'm stuck with it. Oh well. I'll probably keep driving it until the day it refuses to run, as I cannot afford to repair it (college student...I love my parents) yet less replace it."

good famely car

By on Friday, September 27, 2013

Pros: "cheep parts easy maintenance compfy ride"

Cons: "exterior trim falls off easly"

"I always thought kia's were cheep, I was wrong. good quality affordable reliable parts. Good balance between power and fuel efficiency."

An OK car

By on Thursday, September 26, 2013

Pros: "cheap price, decent gas mileage"

Cons: "bad acceleration, fuses, loud noises"

"I bought this car used in 2006. I've had to fix a lot of problems on this car, and just like everyone else said, the headlights go out quickly and they never seem bright enough. My cd player constantly skipped, even if my cds were new. My radio even acted up sometimes. I do not have a v6 so my acceleration was not good at all. I have a hard time driving up hills. It's okay on gas mileage. I would suggest this car as a first car for someone. I would not purchase another kia."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Kia Optima near Honolulu. See local deals