2014 Kia Forte Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,043 - $15,516.

10/8.1

Based on 29 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

9.8/10

Best Value for the Features

By on Sunday, January 18, 2015

Pros: "Head/leg room, cargo storage, 29 mpg, features"

Cons: "bumpy ride, slightly under-powered, no spare tire"

"I purchased a new 2015 Forte5 EX after test driving and comparing several other similar model vehicles. The only non-standard package my vehicle came with is the EX Premium Package. I paid around 18k (minus taxes, etc) after several KIA incentives were applied. After owning it for 5 months, I am very satisfied with my purchase. Key observations about this vehicle: Features - The features, some of which are only on the Premium package, make driving easier and more enjoyable. Especially useful are the heated/cooled seats, heated steering wheel, power seat memory settings (including lumbar), programmable garage door opener on rear-view mirror, back up camera. The key fob sensing technology simplifies entry to the doors and trunk. Several of the various features have customizable settings as well. Comfort - The seats don't feel like luxury seats, however I am comfortable driving it. This vehicle has plenty of head room and leg room in the front and back seats for my husband who is 6'2". Suspension - This car takes bumps rather roughly. My previous car was a '04 Mazda3, and comparatively the Forte5 has a bumpier ride. Engine power - The engine seems slightly under-powered. When accelerating quickly, the car seems to struggle slightly and takes slightly longer to generate power. Fuel Economy - I use regular unleaded w/ ethanol and get about 29 mpg combined city/hwy. The display reads 30 mpg, but when I commute myself it has been 29. Spare Tire - Doesn't come with one. I put a Mazda3 spare tire in the space with no problem. Storage - There is plenty of storage/cargo space: sun glass holder, front console cubby, 8 drink holders, center console, glove compartment, rear cargo area. Heat/AC - Heats car quickly, even on lower settings. I've only used the AC in moderately warm weather and it has cooled sufficiently."

Quality and looks for a low price

By on Sunday, December 21, 2014

"Never thought I would buy a new Kia!. After driving a Toyota Echo for the last 5 years I decided I needed something bigger, newer and almost as good gas mileage. I have owned the 2015 Kia LX 1.8L for the last month and have been averaging a combined 36 miles per gallon which is better than EPA rates. Decided to go for the base model as it was on cash special for $12,500(could not refuse). Decent features for base model, with power groups and satellite radio and blue tooth. Huge upgrade from roll up windows Echo. The ride is comfortable with good seats and driving feel. Ride noise is a little loud, but what can you expect for $12,500. Blue tooth and voice commands work very well. Decent audio for base model compact car. Friend owns 2014 civic and he admitted the Forte looks and drives nicer than his civic. Rear seats and trunk space is ample for 2 children family. Shifting gears in 6 speed manual is getting a bit cumbersome, but allows for better control of car and fuel economy. With this new addition to our family, we now have 2 black Kia`s in our driveway. Bought the Forte as we have absolutely loved out 2011 Kia Optima Hybrid. Resale is a negative, but don`t plan on selling for 5-10 years. With the low initial cash outlay, we will get a lot of car and fun for the $$$. Would recommend the new regime of Kia products to anyone that cares about fuel economy and the pocket book."

If you are looking for this size sedan ...

By on Sunday, December 07, 2014

"I am very impressed with this purchase. I have had many compact sedans and this is by far the best I have owned and driven. If you are looking for this size sedan, do not forget the Kia Forte. Have the EX with all the features and loaded. Have added the spare tire and trunk mat(cover)."

this car was a suprise right from the test drive

By on Saturday, November 29, 2014

Pros: "gas around 30 dollars tank easyon gas fun&comfort"

Cons: "i smoke no ash tray no cigerette lighter"

the kia forte koup you want a storty car with 10/100,000 warrenty

"I drove this car first the test drive plenty of torque if you get on it the 6 speed manual it will put you in the seat and you can feel the g force holding you their the ride is quite and comfortable the front seat go's back far enough at 6'1" I had to pull the seat forward to reach the pedals it's got Sirius radio voice command blue tooth all with steering wheel controls tilt,telescoping radio control cruise control steering wheel setting comfort,normal,and sport mode odometer go's to 160 & I think its no problem"

the kia forte koup you want a storty car with 10/100,000 warrenty

An overlooked treasure.

By on Monday, November 10, 2014

Pros: "Price, interior, gas mileage, features, looks"

Cons: "slight road noise, no spare, standard audio only"

"My local Kia dealership has sold many Optimas, sedonas, and Cadenzas. However they have had a tough time moving many fortes. Primarily because of the heavy chevy/ toyota market. Many people over look Kia because they are soaked up on old school hype of other brands. Kia has done so much to redevelop its image and its reputation. This car was one of a few I looked at during my hunt. I found its features, comfort, looks, and value were too good to pass up. I purchased the car for an even 18,000.. Which is so low because of the lack of desire from the consumers in my market. I can't believe I bought this car for that low price. It gets an average of 29.9 MPG city and highway for me. It has many turning their heads when I drive past. What a beautiful car with an amazing interior. My Honda civic friends were amazed at the sleek and clean interior. This car drives so nicely and will get up and move quickly. Be careful of the speed, I found myself over 60 many times on accident. Overall this car could have less noise on the road, a spare tire, and more focus on high end audio... Besides that this car is truly a diamond waiting in the rough. Go to your local Kia dealer and test one out, you won't be dissapointed!"

2015 FORTE LX...So Far So Good!

By on Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Pros: "Style, Features, Price."

Cons: "So far none. I have no complaints."

"Test drove the Corolla, Civic and Forte. The Forte had more features, bigger engine, better console layout and more interior room, all for a lower price. Granted Ive only had it a few months with about 1000 miles, but so far so good. This is my first KIA (Ive had Camrys and Corollas in the past)but have been surprised with this new Forte. I like the way it looks and drives."

fun to drive

By on Sunday, October 19, 2014

"fun to drive like all the extra staff you get for free"

Nicest Car in its class !!!!!!

By on Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Pros: "No disapointments at all"

"There's a reason for the high ratings on this car. Bought this 2014 Forte in July 2013. I'am 62 years of age. I have had every kind of car from a VW bug to 3 Corvette's. This car does it all. Comfort,Fun to drive, Looks great, Handles like a sports car, Fantastic Fuel Mileage, No road noise, Large trunk space, and best of all, the system that lets you download cell phone contacts and use hands free operation."

Pleasantly Surprised

By on Sunday, September 21, 2014

Pros: "Great price, handles great."

Cons: "Gear spacing."

"My wife needed a new car and was very specific on what she wanted. We bought an SX with the 6 speed and both packages. What sold her were the rear seat heaters for the kids. The amount of goddies for the price is incredible. Test drove the EX with auto and the engine/tranny combo was lackluster. Let me tell you, the 6 speed is the way to go. The only drawback is the gearing - you need to shift a lot. So far, getting better mileage around town than the EPA ratings. The little turbo pulled a long grade on the highway in 6th with the cruise on. And, it handles amazingly well. A blast to drive."

great car, costly after purchase

By on Monday, May 19, 2014

Pros: "very good car - superbly outfitted"

Cons: "initial price w/ good incentives, but costly after"

"Terribly fast and awful depreciation, although I have no idea why a car this good would do this. Terrible gas mileage in winter, but very good at other times. Extremely good car except for these costs. Excellent warranties."

I love this car!

By on Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Pros: "Priced right, easy driving. Looks & feels luxury!"

Cons: "Not one complaint."

"Excellent and comforts galore! Fully loaded..you name it, this car has it. I highly recommend this vehicle."

100 Times Better than I expected

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Pros: "Great Price, Luxury Car Features, fun to drive"

Cons: "The UVO system is a bit lacking"

My Beautiful Blue Forte!!!!

"I bought this car because it was nice looking and it had pretty good Mileage and as phenomenal warranty. 5 yrs 60K number to number and 10 years 100k Power train, after owning two ford products anything would have been better. But Honestly this car has far surpassed my expectations. With the really fuel efficient GDI 2.0 it averages 26-28 around town and 36-40 on the freeway. I drove to LA and around all weekend on 1 tank of has 457 miles on a tank that is unbelievable. The ride is strong, quiet and smooth. The Active ECO system is amazing. I loaned it tony friend for an afternoon who has a 2012 Honda Civic, and he told me he wished he had bought a forte, the ride was much smoother and quieter, not like the road noise you get from Honda. (however my daughter has a 94 civic with 211,000 miles and it is still going strong. So I paid 18k with rebates on a 2014 KIA FORTE with the premium package, the deal of the century and if I was buying again tomorrow I would get the exact same thing. I love Love love the car!!!! If I was going to change anything I might get the technology package, to get the dual climate control, otherwise the happiest I have ever been with any car."

My Beautiful Blue Forte!!!!

good little car

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pros: "drives great"

Cons: "very poor headlights"

"Love the car its self but hate the headlights. Car handles great but the headlights shine so low that you can't see more than 10 feet in front of you. I live where there are a lot of deer running in the road so I want good visibility. The lights draw a dark line across your windshield. Had the lights raised and can see a little better but then everyone thinks your lights are on high beam. Very dangerous in my option. If you live where there are street lights you do not notice it but on dark roads I wouldn't recommend it."

The KIA FORTE LX will help fill my commuter needs

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

Pros: "Great tech and voice activation is the best."

Cons: "Wish KIA would loose the RED clock white is better"

Nice clean interior.

"After a motorcycle accident I needed a Winter vehicle while I healed. I test drove the Optima, Buick Verano, Elantra and Sonata before settling on the Forte LX 1.8L. I liked the interior of the Forte, it was clean and sporty, but very comfortable. The seat and steering wheel seem able to accommodate any sized driver. The ride was quiet and my family liked all the other seating positions. The rear seat can easily hold two of my tall friends. The glove box and console are perfect. There is a automotive trend for enclosing the driver in a capsule, that doesn't work for me a motorcycle rider, and secludes me from my front passenger too. I appreciate tech, but I don't get carried away by it. Thus I chose the LX with basic SAT radio over the UVO touch screen version of the Forte, saving over $1,000.00 in the process. The Bluetooth works flawless, for music I just insert my 8GB USB crammed with music and enjoy the ride. With the dual 12V DC ports in the center console, I can power my Garmin 5" GPS with all my data from past trips, and don't have to learn a new piece of tech. I had the strangest test drive ever with this car. It had just snowed about 5" the night before and the dealer hadn't fully cleared his lot. So around I went easily pushing through deep snow, and the little Forte went though it like a pro. I also used the opportunity to test the ABS and VSC on the road and they worked great. Finally I decided it was time for a Aurora metallic black in my stable, and it looks great next to my pearl metallic motorcycle. I have owned Fords, Chevy, KIA and Mercury vehicles in the past and always buy what is best for my family. I now have two KIA's and am happy with my Forte and Optima (2009). Thanks you KBB for a great site."

Nice clean interior.

Beautiful, fun to drve, comfortable

By on Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Pros: "Styling, performance, roomy, comfortable, quality"

front view sporty looks, showing LED lights

"1st time Kia owner and believe I made the right decision. I love the styling, the lines, the shape, even the led lights really give it a sporty look. The 173 hp engine has plenty of power. City mpg is a little low, only 20 to 21 right now, but hwy mpg is 35.4. I purchased the EX to get the backup camera, the bigger engine, the extra UVO services and the extra trim. I didn't get any other packages, so at right around $20K I believe I got a really great car for a very good price."

front view sporty looks, showing LED lights

Nice car for the price - EX model

By on Sunday, November 03, 2013

Pros: "Good mileage, roomy & comfortable"

Cons: "Eco mode driving performance poor"

"Bought the Forte in June and so far been very happy with it. Comfortable ride with good mileage (I drive mostly hwy and get 32mpg-33mpg). ECO mode performance is sluggish and I typically get about the same mileage with it on or off so I'm leaving it off. Roomy interior including the back seat & trunk. Minor annoyances: The "lip" between the trunk and the folded down back seats isn't flat across. The windshield wipers - very large on driver side throws water onto passenger side plus a very irritating engineering flaw where they don't 100% overlap right down at the bottom of the windshield. (This is being very picky, but it makes me wonder if there are other things that were "good enough")."

mid-size ride, comfort & performance in a compact!

By on Friday, October 04, 2013

Pros: "performance, brakes, seats, UVO, looks"

Cons: "not enough road-feel in the steering"

"I didn't intend to buy. Just wanted to test drive the EX. Had done some research; Car & Driver tested the Forte EX & clocked it at 0 to 60 in 7.4 seconds. It felt like I was driving a 6 cylinder. Very nice ride, supportive leather seats, outstanding power & brakes, plus very nice looking inside & out. With the 2 premium option packages it even had a couple of features that my Avalon Limited doesn't have! A heated steering wheel, folding outside mirrors, puddle & door handle lights, voice-controlled features, UVO and heated rear seat just to name a few. Plus, drivers power seat memory, navigation & power sun roof were unexpected in a car in this class. The dealer gave me a decent number & I took it. I have less than 1000 miles on it think it's one of the best cars that I've ever had. Great job Kia!"

So far I Love this car

By on Friday, September 27, 2013

Pros: "Great looks, fun to drive"

Cons: "No rear seat power ports"

"My car has both option packages. It has many options that you can only find on higher end cars like a heated steering wheel and air conditioned drivers seat. I wish both front seats had it not sure why they don't. I bought the EX model because I liked the larger engine. I find the cabin to be very quite on the highway, and front seats are supportive and comfortable. I find the 6sp automatic shifts quite well in manual mode, much better then my 07 VW did with its Tiptronic manual mode. So far we have averaged 31.7 mpg combination city/hwy so not bad for a new car not broken in yet."

LOVE MY CAR

By on Thursday, September 19, 2013

"I love this car, quick, great gas millage and very comfortable! Anybody that gets in the car is always like wow this is so nice!"

Awesome vehicle!

By on Saturday, August 31, 2013

Pros: "Good price, great design, drives smooth."

Cons: "None that I could find!"

"Having driven a 2010 Kia Forte Coup base model, I have to say the 2014 Forte is a big step up! It's a compact car but very room, I'm 6' 3" and for comfortably. The extra techy features are pretty cool and give you that luxury feeling. People are surprised when they see the side windows fold in! The stock rims are nice too. This car drives smooth and I will definitely keep it for a while!"

This car is great, I love the design

By on Sunday, August 18, 2013

Pros: "comfortable, great design inside and out"

"Bought this car 3 months ago and I love it. I am actually getting 40-46 mpg highway. If you are tall and want an economic car,this has plenty of leg and head room front and back."

fantastic

By on Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pros: "looks dependability cheap to opperate and 10 year"

Cons: "changed tire to michelin even better"

"bought a 2011 base model just for work and wound up taking long trips with it. Average hwy miles 41 mpg. no problems whatsoever. Bought another one a 2014 EX for the wife and it is the best car we've ever owned."

Not the only dog and pony show in town

By on Friday, August 02, 2013

Pros: "Looks ok"

Cons: "Test drive another vehicle before buying KIA"

"The Kia Forte' looks ok but has similar images other vehicles in it's class have. Ford Focus, Honda Civic, and Hyundai Elantra share the same body type as the Kia Forte. Who copied who? The Kia I drive is sluggish on power especially on hills To add an after market upgrades, like fog lights, cruise control, etc. One would have to reconfigure the WHOLE car for about the same price of used car. The Kia you buy is the Kia you get. No spare tire included. It is essentially another expensive plastic car."

Too soon to really say but...

By on Friday, July 19, 2013

Pros: "comfort, style, price"

Cons: "low gear acceleration"

"What a great ride! Compared with my 2010 Mazda 3i, the 2014 Kia Forte gets the nod for a quieter interior, more back seat leg room and general driving/riding comfort but misses the vote for out-of-the-starting block acceleration and steering response. I have to agree with the KBB review, if you want a sporty feeling keep looking. If you want a superb family ride at an affordable price, this one is a sure winner. I'm very pleased with my choice so far."

great car. owned TOYOTAS BEFORE. A KEEPER

By on Friday, July 12, 2013

Cons: "LITTLE NOISEY ON COURSE PAYMENT"

"Traded in my rav4 for better fuel milage. One of the best cars I ever purchased."