2014 Kia Forte Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,352 - $15,981.

10/8.1

9.3

Based on 23 Ratings for the 2014 - 2014 models.

10.0/10
    9.8/10

good little car

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pros: "drives great"

Cons: "very poor headlights"

"Love the car its self but hate the headlights. Car handles great but the headlights shine so low that you can't see more than 10 feet in front of you. I live where there are a lot of deer running in the road so I want good visibility. The lights draw a dark line across your windshield. Had the lights raised and can see a little better but then everyone thinks your lights are on high beam. Very dangerous in my option. If you live where there are street lights you do not notice it but on dark roads I wouldn't recommend it."

The KIA FORTE LX will help fill my commuter needs

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

Pros: "Great tech and voice activation is the best."

Cons: "Wish KIA would loose the RED clock white is better"

Nice clean interior.

"After a motorcycle accident I needed a Winter vehicle while I healed. I test drove the Optima, Buick Verano, Elantra and Sonata before settling on the Forte LX 1.8L. I liked the interior of the Forte, it was clean and sporty, but very comfortable. The seat and steering wheel seem able to accommodate any sized driver. The ride was quiet and my family liked all the other seating positions. The rear seat can easily hold two of my tall friends. The glove box and console are perfect. There is a automotive trend for enclosing the driver in a capsule, that doesn't work for me a motorcycle rider, and secludes me from my front passenger too. I appreciate tech, but I don't get carried away by it. Thus I chose the LX with basic SAT radio over the UVO touch screen version of the Forte, saving over $1,000.00 in the process. The Bluetooth works flawless, for music I just insert my 8GB USB crammed with music and enjoy the ride. With the dual 12V DC ports in the center console, I can power my Garmin 5" GPS with all my data from past trips, and don't have to learn a new piece of tech. I had the strangest test drive ever with this car. It had just snowed about 5" the night before and the dealer hadn't fully cleared his lot. So around I went easily pushing through deep snow, and the little Forte went though it like a pro. I also used the opportunity to test the ABS and VSC on the road and they worked great. Finally I decided it was time for a Aurora metallic black in my stable, and it looks great next to my pearl metallic motorcycle. I have owned Fords, Chevy, KIA and Mercury vehicles in the past and always buy what is best for my family. I now have two KIA's and am happy with my Forte and Optima (2009). Thanks you KBB for a great site."

Nice clean interior.

Beautiful, fun to drve, comfortable

By on Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Pros: "Styling, performance, roomy, comfortable, quality"

front view sporty looks, showing LED lights

"1st time Kia owner and believe I made the right decision. I love the styling, the lines, the shape, even the led lights really give it a sporty look. The 173 hp engine has plenty of power. City mpg is a little low, only 20 to 21 right now, but hwy mpg is 35.4. I purchased the EX to get the backup camera, the bigger engine, the extra UVO services and the extra trim. I didn't get any other packages, so at right around $20K I believe I got a really great car for a very good price."

front view sporty looks, showing LED lights

Nice car for the price - EX model

By on Sunday, November 03, 2013

Pros: "Good mileage, roomy & comfortable"

Cons: "Eco mode driving performance poor"

"Bought the Forte in June and so far been very happy with it. Comfortable ride with good mileage (I drive mostly hwy and get 32mpg-33mpg). ECO mode performance is sluggish and I typically get about the same mileage with it on or off so I'm leaving it off. Roomy interior including the back seat & trunk. Minor annoyances: The "lip" between the trunk and the folded down back seats isn't flat across. The windshield wipers - very large on driver side throws water onto passenger side plus a very irritating engineering flaw where they don't 100% overlap right down at the bottom of the windshield. (This is being very picky, but it makes me wonder if there are other things that were "good enough")."

mid-size ride, comfort & performance in a compact!

By on Friday, October 04, 2013

Pros: "performance, brakes, seats, UVO, looks"

Cons: "not enough road-feel in the steering"

"I didn't intend to buy. Just wanted to test drive the EX. Had done some research; Car & Driver tested the Forte EX & clocked it at 0 to 60 in 7.4 seconds. It felt like I was driving a 6 cylinder. Very nice ride, supportive leather seats, outstanding power & brakes, plus very nice looking inside & out. With the 2 premium option packages it even had a couple of features that my Avalon Limited doesn't have! A heated steering wheel, folding outside mirrors, puddle & door handle lights, voice-controlled features, UVO and heated rear seat just to name a few. Plus, drivers power seat memory, navigation & power sun roof were unexpected in a car in this class. The dealer gave me a decent number & I took it. I have less than 1000 miles on it think it's one of the best cars that I've ever had. Great job Kia!"