2014 Kia Forte Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $18,754 - $19,407.

10/8.1

Based on 34 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

9.7/10

Nice car for the price - EX model

By on Sunday, November 03, 2013

Pros: "Good mileage, roomy & comfortable"

Cons: "Eco mode driving performance poor"

"Bought the Forte in June and so far been very happy with it. Comfortable ride with good mileage (I drive mostly hwy and get 32mpg-33mpg). ECO mode performance is sluggish and I typically get about the same mileage with it on or off so I'm leaving it off. Roomy interior including the back seat & trunk. Minor annoyances: The "lip" between the trunk and the folded down back seats isn't flat across. The windshield wipers - very large on driver side throws water onto passenger side plus a very irritating engineering flaw where they don't 100% overlap right down at the bottom of the windshield. (This is being very picky, but it makes me wonder if there are other things that were "good enough")."

Worth the money!

By on Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Pros: "Great Look! Great Value! Great Gas mileage!"

Cons: "Handling needs to be improved."

"I own a 2014 Kia Forte LX with the upgraded package. I have owned a lot of 4 cylinder engines in my time but I am blown away by how well the 1.8L engine in the car responds. I have no issues getting on the highway or passing because the car gets up and moves. I am averaging 39mpg but I drive mostly highways. The 6 speed transmission shifts smooth, unlike some of the competitors! The handling is OK but could be better. I have owned 3 other Kia’s (Sedona, Rio & Spectra) and never had any issues with them. Kia had a rough start but they have really turned the quality & reliability around. I would recommend this car to anyone."

Outstanding Value: Almost A 10

By on Sunday, June 30, 2013

Pros: "Can't Beat Overall Features At This Price"

Cons: "Front Seat Support, Acceleration"

"Researched and compared Forte EX w/ Premium Pkg against Mazda 3s Grand Touring and Ford Focus Titanium. Mazda and Ford had isolated advantages over the Kia, albeit with an increased price tag. However, overall the Kia was the clear winner. Have owned the car for a month in Aurora Black which has an almost metallic finish. Some have mistaken the 17" wheels for aftermarket additions. Interior materials, fit and finish made the car feel like an upscale badge, although seats could be a bit more supportive and I wonder how they'll hold up over time. More rear seat room than expected and they're heated!. A full size trunk liner, similar to a WeatherTech, was a nice surprise. Decent handling and reasonable handling leaves only one small complaint - wish the car had slightly more acceleration even at the expense of some loss in MPG numbers."

The compact car that drives like a luxury sedan

By on Friday, June 28, 2013

Pros: "Heated seats, steering wheel & cooled drivers seat"

Cons: "Auto lights need to come on sooner at dusk"

Great Ride!

"I purchased the fully loaded EX model. The outside body design is sharp with distinctive styling, particularly its tail lamps and running lights, and HID headlights. The six-speed automatic transmission works seamlessly. I am impressed by the interior styling with its soft-touch dashboard and carbon fiber pattern around the center console and the 10-way power adjustable driver's seat with two memory positions, combined with the LCD screen with a trip computer and vehicle settings sits between the gauges, and a number of other luxury options uncommon to the compact car segment. It makes me wonder if I'm really not driving a luxury class car. I love having the Rear Display Camera when I shift the car into reverse. The car is much quieter than I have experienced in all other cars in its class. The Dual-zone automatic climate control, Flex Steering, large touch high-resolution display screen Navigation System and voice commands for most all Forte functions, and Forte's Bluetooth pairing system make it a pleasure to drive. The air cooled driver's seat is such a big plus on a hot summer's day. The only one real negative is that I wish the automatic headlights came on earlier at dusk and would turn on when using the windshield wipers."

Great Ride!

mid-size ride, comfort & performance in a compact!

By on Friday, October 04, 2013

Pros: "performance, brakes, seats, UVO, looks"

Cons: "not enough road-feel in the steering"

"I didn't intend to buy. Just wanted to test drive the EX. Had done some research; Car & Driver tested the Forte EX & clocked it at 0 to 60 in 7.4 seconds. It felt like I was driving a 6 cylinder. Very nice ride, supportive leather seats, outstanding power & brakes, plus very nice looking inside & out. With the 2 premium option packages it even had a couple of features that my Avalon Limited doesn't have! A heated steering wheel, folding outside mirrors, puddle & door handle lights, voice-controlled features, UVO and heated rear seat just to name a few. Plus, drivers power seat memory, navigation & power sun roof were unexpected in a car in this class. The dealer gave me a decent number & I took it. I have less than 1000 miles on it think it's one of the best cars that I've ever had. Great job Kia!"