2013 Kia Forte Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $14,657 - $15,168.

10/6.2

Based on 190 Ratings for the 2010 - 2013 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

very fun

By on Tuesday, February 22, 2011

"I love this car!!! However, with love, comes some compromise. There are things about it that could be better. I have had a couple of things replaced via the manufacturer's warranty....the door panel due to scratches prior to purchase and then theres the gear shift issue....the silver "tape" started just bubbling up and coming off. i have only had this car for 6 months and i am very pleased so far. i wish i had gotten the spoiler. :( it is VERY fun to drive and most people, that see it for the first time, say "THAT'S a KIA???? WOW!!!!" i would suggest that they offer a much better sound system and/or options on the 2011. the stereo is great, however, im a music LOVER and it doesnt compare to the media system that they offer in the Lancer."

2013 Kia Forte EX is an awesome car for the money.

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Pros: "Price, features, dependaility and a great warraty."

Cons: "None so far. I do not expect any."

My 2013 Kia Forte parker in my front yard.

"This is our third Hyundai / Kia product. Our first experience with these cars, was with a used 2006 Kia Spectra EX. It had about 42K miles on it when we bought it. It was totally reliable, and never gave us any problems. I had only two complaints about the car. It didn't have cruise control, and it didn't have the quietest ride. It let in far too much road noise. Other than that, we couldn't fault it. We put another 51K on it before we traded it in on a new 2010 Hyundai Elantra EX. The Elantra and the Spectra are basically the same car, inside and out, except for minor details. There were improvements made in the 2010 model. The front seats were more comfortable than the ones that were in the Spectra, and there was a noticeable decrease in the amount of interior road noise. Both cars had the same engine and drive train, a 2.0L with a three speed automatic transmission. Other than it being white and hard to keep clean, it had no faults. Whoever buys this car will be a happy camper. Our 2013 Kia Forte EX is Metallic Bronze. In many ways very similar to the 2010 Elantra we had owned, but it is quite different in other ways. The interior is Stone, and though somewhat familiar, yet it is updated enough to notice. It isn't the fanciest interior around, but it certainly isn't unattractive. One feature that I was very happy to find it had, was its tilt and telescoping steering column. This enhances the comfort of the driver. There is plenty of head and leg room. I'm six foot tall, and all those who know me, know that I'm always wearing a hat, usually a cowboy hat. There is plenty of head room for me to wear my hat, without the crown touching the roof. If you're looking for comfort at a reasonable price, then look no further. There are front door car pockets for holding bottles, a large glove compartment, and plenty of interior lights. There are illuminated vanity mirrors under both visors. The trunk is roomy, and of course the back seats fold so you can carry longer items. The lights on the dash and in the instrument cluster of the Elantra were blue. Those in the Forte are red, and very easy to read, night or day. My Forte came packed with a lot of toys and gadgets, such as their EcoMinder which monitors the car's fuel efficiency. An outside temperature gauge sits high on the dashboard next to the clock. It has Bluetooth wireless for hands free telephone calls, and AM/FM/CD/MP3/SiriusXM, all of which have steering wheel mounted controls. The sound system has 6 speakers and door mounted tweeters. It has USB and auxiliary ports. There are also warning lights for low tire pressure and low washer fluid levels. My Forte came with the auto dimming rear view with a compass. I live on the Gulf Coast of Alabama and I'm proud to say, that the air conditioner keeps the interior very comfortable. Although our Kia Forte also has a 2.0L engine, though it delivers an additional 18 horses, 156 compared to the 138 in the previous 2.0L. Those 18 horses do make a difference, but don't expect the acceleration to push you back in your seat. An added feature to this engine, is that it does not have a timing belt. It has a timing chain. Belts require changing every 60K miles, and from what I understand, that is about a $400 job. Another money saving feature, is the suggested oil change intervals, which is 7,500 miles, depending on your driving conditions. That alone is a money saver. The new Fortes come with a six speed automatic transmission which shifts very smoothly. These two things combine to give better mileage, which is rated at 36 MPG Hwy. There is one very noticeable quality that all three of these cars have in common, a very tight turning radius. Truthfully, if you find a parking space with sufficient room to park, and you just can't do it in this car, get a bike. You have to drive one to appreciate it. Another improvement on this car is its very noticeable reduction of interior road noise. These cars have really improved. I would recommend the 2013 Forte to anyone who wants a lot of car for their money. These cars are less expensive that comparable models, but by no means are they cheap."

My 2013 Kia Forte parker in my front yard.

Dependable, comfortable, good mpg

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "Value, dependability, manual transmission"

Cons: "cheap interior materals as expected"

"I purchased the "ad" car that was featured in my local Kia dealer's newspaper ad--it is the base model Forte with manual transmission, manual window, manual locks. It is a basic package, and exactly what I was looking for! Now with 20,000 miles, I can review with experience. Fuel consumption: worst: 31mpg, best 38 mpg--averaging 33-34. Interior: lots of plastic, most of it has a soft surface and scratches easily. Left door panel nicked from when I release my seat belt and clasp is drawn over to the left--it slams into the door panel. Seat upholstery stains easily, Carpet, if you can call it that, is very thin.In short, it is an inexpensive car with an inexpensive interior. Infotainment: I like the Bluetooth enabled audio system. I regularly stream content from my BlackBerry, and the connection is dependably seamless. The microphone however is quite tinny--when I speak on the telephone, the person on the other end frequently has difficulty understanding me. Mechanical: No dependability issues. I have observed however that when the engine is cold, there is a noticeable "ticking" noise in the upper engine/valvetrain. I have found other Kia/Hyundai owners of cars with the same engine on message boards who observe the same type of sound. Several took their cars to dealers who called it "normal". I choose not to waste my time in this manner, so I will rely on my 100,000 mile warranty on this issue if there is a problem. Misc: The TPMS (tire pressure monitoring system) warning light has falsely reported under inflated tires twice. The light self-corrected within a few days both times. Serviceability: I do all my own maintenance. The engine bay is spacious and items like the oil and air filters, spark plugs, and drive belts all appear to be easily serviceable. Engine uses no oil between service intervals. Tires are wearing evenly (rotated at 12,000 miles) Summary: I was looking for an inexpensive, dependable commuter car with good MPG. I found the Kia to be the best value in the segment, and I do not regret my decision."

Great value

By on Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Pros: "Affordable, great standard features,"

Cons: "Plastic doors scratch easily on interior"

"You get a lot of bang for your buck with the Forte! It comes standard with Bluetooth, great gas mileage, a great sound system, nice stow away spots for things like sunglasses and 4 cup holders in front (and two in back), with a spacious interior and trunk. It looks great inside and looks like the Audi's did in the late 2000's because the designer from Audi moved over to Kia. It drives very well and is sporty and fun. All around great vehicle and I don't think you can find anything better for the price tag."

VERY nice car

By on Friday, July 06, 2012

Pros: "Price, fun to drive, road noise"

Cons: "Blind spots with all 4 pillars"

"I am 18 years old and I was able to buy this car on my own 9 months ago with low car payments under $200 a month. For my first real car that I bought on my own, I am very happy with it. I love my 6 speed manual, it makes driving fun. It is comfortable, and very functional. The trunk is huge and the backseat is extremely roomy for a small sedan. The front seat is comfortable and feels very open. I have the base model because it is the only one that comes standard, but it still has a ton of features including bluetooth, Sirius radio, mp3 input for my iPod, A/C, etc. I drove this car to florida and back from VT and it couldn't have been better. I ended up getting 40 mpg down and up. This car is also great in the winter, very safe and secure. I got snow tires for mine but the all seasons that it comes with are fine too. The interior of the car is easy to clean, and the carpets are easy to clean too. the inside of one is two tones with grey seats and black carpets, but very functional. There are only a few downsides to my car. The 4 pillars are all thick and therefore serious blind spots. The ABS breaks kick in extremely easily (on gravel roads, wet roads etc.) but this isn't always a bad thing and I'd recommend getting different windshield wipers because the ones that come on the car do not last long and start to leave pieces behind when used with washer fluid. The car is a great value for anyone of any age. Inexpensive, safe, and you can't beat the warranty that it comes with."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25