2012 Kia Forte

Based on 215 Ratings for the 2010 - 2013 models.

Nice looking, fast, but bad paint and ride.

By on Thursday, December 11, 2014

Pros: "Fast, cheap to get, nice looking."

Cons: "Bad value retention, bad suspension, bad paint."

"Car is fast but very uncomfortable ride. I got for $12,373 on 10/2014 and now, 12/2014 has a trade in value of $8,521. So, I just have a loss of $3,852.30 in just about 40 days."

Really good vehicle

By on Friday, December 05, 2014

"After 4 years and over 110K miles. Did not open the hood, even once. My "guys" at GoodYear do all the oil change, lubes and other little check ups. Changed all 4 tires once . 2 Air filters. Nothing more done to the car. Extremely economical ratio dollar/miles driven. Gas mileage (mostly highway) 36-38 mpg in winter and exceeding 40mph in summer with smooth driving. Comfort: let's say it's not Cadillac. You get what you pay for. Sound System: Again, it's not a recording studio and with windows open, sound is really not at its best. Handling: Very easy and with stick shift, there might be a slight dead "timing" between Second and Third gear. Good acceleration in 5th Gear - even uphill."

By on Friday, November 21, 2014

"This car as been great for how we use it. I've had it for over 3 years now and about 75,000 miles and have never had an issue with it. The only thing I would say is a negative is that the headrests jut forward to the point that long trips become somewhat straining on your neck. (works to flip the headrest backwards) Other than that it is at the top of its class. Good gas mileage, I average 32 mpg on a tank, 36-42 on long trips depending on the type of driving. Great value."

YUCK

By on Thursday, November 20, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "great air conditioning and heaters."

Cons: "Needed a lot of servicing per dept."

"I am leasing this car. I got it in December 2011 and my lease is up March 2015. This car is awful in the snow, rain, any weather that is not sunny, really. It is too small. It is very uncomfortable, especially on long trips. The tires that came with the car only lasted about 15-20,000. I had to buy new tires on a leased car.. that makes no sense to me. I am not sure if it is just the dealership I used, but maintenance was crazy. Every time I went in for an oil change, the service department found other things that "needed to be done" that cost at least $100 more than expected. I had to get a "transmission tune-up" per the service department and after it was done, the car seems to shift worse."

Super reliable, very low maintenance vehicle

By on Monday, November 03, 2014

Pros: "For the inexpensive cost, great value and ride."

Cons: "SX style not great in snow but great in AO weather"

"Bought my 2010 Forte SX brand new off the lot and have put 150,000 miles (almost all freeway) on this. I have never had to have a major repair, while keeping up on the regular scheduled maintenance as recommended by the manufacture. Due to premium, sporty type of style of the SX, tire options are limited to higher performance with low tread life styles. Have had to replace tires more than enough times in the 5 years. Handles great in regular or wet weather, however, not great in the snow for being a FWD vehicle (again, tires are the real reasons). Front seats are not the most comfortable, but the overall ride makes up for the lack of cushiony seats. Style is great and interior design is up to date, even after 5 years of newer vehicles have hit the market. It's been a great car and other than basic maintenance, my Forte has not spent any real time in the repair shop or dealership."

Like my car a lot. Just wanting a new one.

By on Monday, October 27, 2014

Pros: "Good price good on gas"

"Looking to buy a new because I like this one so well."

Loved everything about this car

By on Monday, September 29, 2014

Pros: "Great price, warranty, safety, MPG"

Cons: "Center hump in back not good with child car seats"

"Only two small complaints I had about this car. No protection from door dings/shopping carts, and seat could get uncomfortable on long trips. Other than that, I. loved. every. single. thing. about. this. car! Regularly exceeded HWY MPG. Rated city MPG on specs fairly accurate."

Great car. Fun and easy to drive.

By on Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Pros: "A VERY GOOD PRICE AND SO EASY TO DRIVE."

Cons: "I BELIEVE IT IS THE BEST CAR IN ITS PRICE RANGE."

"THIS KIA IS COMFORTABLE AND SO EASY TO DRIVE. FRONT AND BACK SEATS ARE EQUALLY COMFORTABLE. THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST CARS I HAVE DRIVEN AND OWNED... GOOD JOB ON THIS ONE."

Love my car, just have trouble with bucket-style s

By on Monday, September 15, 2014

Pros: "Good mileage, easy handling."

Cons: "Bucket-style seats. No day-lights. Must pay extra"

"Got it for a great price. Dealer was great & friendly. Use it alot for travel."

Excelent Buy

By on Wednesday, September 10, 2014

"Nearly 100k and not a single problem. It's peppy, it's pretty, it's pleasing, it's problem free, it's perfectly priced."

No problems at all. Great car

By on Saturday, September 06, 2014

"Have leased this car for two and half years And no problem at all.l.."

Enjoyable Drive

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, good highway car"

Cons: "Mediocre gas mileage, a bit too low-slung"

"Overall, the 2012 Forte EX is a great car and I've been very pleased with it. In addition to local, around-the-neighborhood driving the car has been on a couple of long distance road trips and it performs beautifully. It's quiet on the highway, comfortable, and has sufficient power to pass slower vehicles easily and get up to speed quickly when entering the highway. Both long trips were in the summer and the a/c works very well and keeps the car comfortable, even in very hot weather. The Sirius radio is a real asset on long, cross-country drives. The only downsides are that the car's gas mileage doesn't seem to be as good as my previous Corolla's, and the front end design is a bit problematic because the hood is raked so steeply that it's impossible to know exactly where the front of the car is when you are trying to park and avoid hitting something in front of you. The car also is lower than my previous Corolla, so when driving into a head-in parking spot the front end often doesn't fully clear the curb and there's a loud "scrape" to remind you that it's a low vehicle! These are relatively minor quibbles but are design flaws that I hope have been fixed in newer models. From a maintenance standpoint the car has been completely trouble-free!"

great value for the price

By on Sunday, August 17, 2014

"Saw this car a year before I bought one. Also looked at Chevy Cruze and Volks. Jetta. Styling was a major reason I chose the Forte Koup. Three years later I still enjoy looking at it. Absolutely no problems; still runs great with good gas mileage. I get enough power and torque to keep me happy. If I was trading now I would go to Kia again."

I like it, but don't love it. Good car for the $.

By on Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Pros: "Nice looks, reliable, good mpg. Great audio sys."

Cons: "Touchy throttle."

"I bought the "High MPH" option, with low rolling resistance tires. Those tires did yield about 36mpg, but wore out quickly (about 22Kmi) & were terrible in the snow. I now have regular tires on the car & get about 33mpg avg driving. The car rides well & can easily stay with traffic. Love the sound system, although I don't subscribe to the satellite service. The BlueTooth phone interface is nice. I like the rear fold-down seats for hauling long things. A couple of minor driving issues; 1] The initial acceleration from a stop is very aggressive. The car tends to jump with very little pedal push. Makes smooth starts touchy, especially when teaching my son to drive! 2] The electric pwr steering doesn't return to neutral position as reliably as my previous vehicles did. This makes constant steering adjustments necessary to stay on course. I view those issue as minor in relation to the overall reliability & quality of the car."

Decent car especially for the money

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

Pros: "Standard features"

Cons: "Ride with the OEM tires was not that great."

"Love the standard features on the Forte Koup - shiftable automatic transmission, four-wheel ABS disc, great looks & style, good gas mileage, etc. Car has been very reliable without a single hiccup so far. I do keep maintenance up on the car as I want it to last."

Excellent small vehicle for young people!

By on Friday, July 18, 2014

Pros: "All +++++"

Cons: "Power is good, for Gas savings!"

"This is an excellent vehicle for those who have thrift in mind and yet want all the features in more expensive models. Gas economy is excellent, 27.5 in city driving, Highway driving 30 with the air on, can go to 33 without air or even better. Mechanically I have owned it for three years as good as the day I drove it out of the show room. In the city it's good and on the highway it performs well. Ride is good, sensitive steering electric power steering is very responsive. Once you go to Cruise control gas savings go up even with air on. Sound system could be a bit better but it is good. Great car mini limo for less cost. Great for young people as a starter, but you will always appreciate it's cost savings no matter what you own in the future!"

Great Handling, Poor Initial Model

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Pros: "Handling, Traction, Interior"

Cons: "Reliability, Transmission Systems"

"This car is great for handling in the summer and rain months, however, don't drive in the snow, especially in Chicago. My car has had three (3) transmissions, that's right, three transmissions. The first was a leak in the sealing, causing fluid to leak at a decent rate. The second was replaced because a ground blew, and the car remained in 3rd gear, even when in park or reverse. I've had 9 tyres replaced, because the camber continues to return to a poor state. I've tried to "baby" this car, but, I've spent more in repairs after the 36,000mi/3yr warranty at intial in 2010, than I've paid for used cars at 90K miles. This one has about 57K miles on the car, and the transmission is going again. I don't even live or drive in the city, so she gets proper gear shifting. Good interior I would say."

Decent car

By on Monday, July 07, 2014

Pros: "Looks and sounds cool"

Cons: "Tires cause problems"

"Got a good deal on this car 4 years ago, and have had minor issues. The main issues I have had are the tires. They are the low profile tires, which doesn't work well on many roads (highways or pot-hole roads). It is a good car, that looks really cool, but I probably wouldn't get one again. It surprisingly has a lot of leg room inside. It's just not made for tall people because there is little head room since it's a short car."

I like the car, good performance for a smaller car

By on Monday, July 07, 2014

Pros: "Good get up and go!"

Cons: "Not a lot of leg room in the rear seats."

"I am pleased with the overall performance of my Kia Forte. I like the looks and I feel its safe for me and my family. The only thing I would change is I'd get a sun roof. I'm not totally pleased with the rear seat leg room but that's a sacrifice made by not getting the Optima! My next car will be a more fuel efficient one possibly a hybrid."

No complaints on this car - have had no problems.

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Pros: "Right size, right fit and right price"

"I am taking over my husband's Kia Sorento and don't need to have 2 cars. That is the only reason I am selling my Kia Forte."

Love the car, sleek and sporty

By on Saturday, June 28, 2014

Pros: "30 mpg approx highway"

"Bought this car new 3 yrs ago and never had any problems other than I cannot sync my garage door opener with it and not sure if that is the car or the door."

Great on gas. Getting 29 mpg.

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

"Love this car. It's great on gas. I've never had any mechanical problem either."

One of the best vehicles we own

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

Pros: "sporty car good gas mileage"

"One of the best vehicles we own and love to drive nice sporty car great gas mileage good warranty just Hyundai and Kia offer the best."

Best car I have owned

By on Saturday, May 03, 2014

Pros: "Everything. It has been awesome!"

Cons: "harsh ride.. but its a sports car.."

"It just drives and drives. Only issue I have ever had is with some internal dash squeeks. That is from the incredibly rough roads that I drive over daily. Cant really fault the car for bad roads. Just a good looking bullet proof car. Had to put tires on it at 52,000, still doesn't need any other mechanical work. get 25 around town with A/C on, and 27 without. about 30 -32 on the highway running 80 or so. It is a sporty car with a sports car ride, but I can take turns like a go cart when needed. Great job Kia!!!"

lousy gas mileage 20mpgallon steers like a truk

By on Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Cons: "i ve said it all above do not like the forte"

"the gas pedal and clutch..standard.. do not synconize well had a kia rio 9 years traded in for forte and was told good gas mileage and performance I had heart surgery 8 months ago need automatic now I need a car with excellence mileage not 20 miles per gallon I have driven a standard shift auto for over 50 years so........not my driving to fault"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Kia Forte near Honolulu. See local deals