2010 Kia Forte

Based on 237 Ratings for the 2010 - 2013 models.

very fun

By on Tuesday, February 22, 2011

"I love this car!!! However, with love, comes some compromise. There are things about it that could be better. I have had a couple of things replaced via the manufacturer's warranty....the door panel due to scratches prior to purchase and then theres the gear shift issue....the silver "tape" started just bubbling up and coming off. i have only had this car for 6 months and i am very pleased so far. i wish i had gotten the spoiler. :( it is VERY fun to drive and most people, that see it for the first time, say "THAT'S a KIA???? WOW!!!!" i would suggest that they offer a much better sound system and/or options on the 2011. the stereo is great, however, im a music LOVER and it doesnt compare to the media system that they offer in the Lancer."

2013 Kia Forte EX is an awesome car for the money.

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Pros: "Price, features, dependaility and a great warraty."

Cons: "None so far. I do not expect any."

My 2013 Kia Forte parker in my front yard.

"This is our third Hyundai / Kia product. Our first experience with these cars, was with a used 2006 Kia Spectra EX. It had about 42K miles on it when we bought it. It was totally reliable, and never gave us any problems. I had only two complaints about the car. It didn't have cruise control, and it didn't have the quietest ride. It let in far too much road noise. Other than that, we couldn't fault it. We put another 51K on it before we traded it in on a new 2010 Hyundai Elantra EX. The Elantra and the Spectra are basically the same car, inside and out, except for minor details. There were improvements made in the 2010 model. The front seats were more comfortable than the ones that were in the Spectra, and there was a noticeable decrease in the amount of interior road noise. Both cars had the same engine and drive train, a 2.0L with a three speed automatic transmission. Other than it being white and hard to keep clean, it had no faults. Whoever buys this car will be a happy camper. Our 2013 Kia Forte EX is Metallic Bronze. In many ways very similar to the 2010 Elantra we had owned, but it is quite different in other ways. The interior is Stone, and though somewhat familiar, yet it is updated enough to notice. It isn't the fanciest interior around, but it certainly isn't unattractive. One feature that I was very happy to find it had, was its tilt and telescoping steering column. This enhances the comfort of the driver. There is plenty of head and leg room. I'm six foot tall, and all those who know me, know that I'm always wearing a hat, usually a cowboy hat. There is plenty of head room for me to wear my hat, without the crown touching the roof. If you're looking for comfort at a reasonable price, then look no further. There are front door car pockets for holding bottles, a large glove compartment, and plenty of interior lights. There are illuminated vanity mirrors under both visors. The trunk is roomy, and of course the back seats fold so you can carry longer items. The lights on the dash and in the instrument cluster of the Elantra were blue. Those in the Forte are red, and very easy to read, night or day. My Forte came packed with a lot of toys and gadgets, such as their EcoMinder which monitors the car's fuel efficiency. An outside temperature gauge sits high on the dashboard next to the clock. It has Bluetooth wireless for hands free telephone calls, and AM/FM/CD/MP3/SiriusXM, all of which have steering wheel mounted controls. The sound system has 6 speakers and door mounted tweeters. It has USB and auxiliary ports. There are also warning lights for low tire pressure and low washer fluid levels. My Forte came with the auto dimming rear view with a compass. I live on the Gulf Coast of Alabama and I'm proud to say, that the air conditioner keeps the interior very comfortable. Although our Kia Forte also has a 2.0L engine, though it delivers an additional 18 horses, 156 compared to the 138 in the previous 2.0L. Those 18 horses do make a difference, but don't expect the acceleration to push you back in your seat. An added feature to this engine, is that it does not have a timing belt. It has a timing chain. Belts require changing every 60K miles, and from what I understand, that is about a $400 job. Another money saving feature, is the suggested oil change intervals, which is 7,500 miles, depending on your driving conditions. That alone is a money saver. The new Fortes come with a six speed automatic transmission which shifts very smoothly. These two things combine to give better mileage, which is rated at 36 MPG Hwy. There is one very noticeable quality that all three of these cars have in common, a very tight turning radius. Truthfully, if you find a parking space with sufficient room to park, and you just can't do it in this car, get a bike. You have to drive one to appreciate it. Another improvement on this car is its very noticeable reduction of interior road noise. These cars have really improved. I would recommend the 2013 Forte to anyone who wants a lot of car for their money. These cars are less expensive that comparable models, but by no means are they cheap."

My 2013 Kia Forte parker in my front yard.

Dependable, comfortable, good mpg

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "Value, dependability, manual transmission"

Cons: "cheap interior materals as expected"

"I purchased the "ad" car that was featured in my local Kia dealer's newspaper ad--it is the base model Forte with manual transmission, manual window, manual locks. It is a basic package, and exactly what I was looking for! Now with 20,000 miles, I can review with experience. Fuel consumption: worst: 31mpg, best 38 mpg--averaging 33-34. Interior: lots of plastic, most of it has a soft surface and scratches easily. Left door panel nicked from when I release my seat belt and clasp is drawn over to the left--it slams into the door panel. Seat upholstery stains easily, Carpet, if you can call it that, is very thin.In short, it is an inexpensive car with an inexpensive interior. Infotainment: I like the Bluetooth enabled audio system. I regularly stream content from my BlackBerry, and the connection is dependably seamless. The microphone however is quite tinny--when I speak on the telephone, the person on the other end frequently has difficulty understanding me. Mechanical: No dependability issues. I have observed however that when the engine is cold, there is a noticeable "ticking" noise in the upper engine/valvetrain. I have found other Kia/Hyundai owners of cars with the same engine on message boards who observe the same type of sound. Several took their cars to dealers who called it "normal". I choose not to waste my time in this manner, so I will rely on my 100,000 mile warranty on this issue if there is a problem. Misc: The TPMS (tire pressure monitoring system) warning light has falsely reported under inflated tires twice. The light self-corrected within a few days both times. Serviceability: I do all my own maintenance. The engine bay is spacious and items like the oil and air filters, spark plugs, and drive belts all appear to be easily serviceable. Engine uses no oil between service intervals. Tires are wearing evenly (rotated at 12,000 miles) Summary: I was looking for an inexpensive, dependable commuter car with good MPG. I found the Kia to be the best value in the segment, and I do not regret my decision."

great value for the price

By on Sunday, August 17, 2014

"Saw this car a year before I bought one. Also looked at Chevy Cruze and Volks. Jetta. Styling was a major reason I chose the Forte Koup. Three years later I still enjoy looking at it. Absolutely no problems; still runs great with good gas mileage. I get enough power and torque to keep me happy. If I was trading now I would go to Kia again."

VERY nice car

By on Friday, July 6, 2012

Pros: "Price, fun to drive, road noise"

Cons: "Blind spots with all 4 pillars"

"I am 18 years old and I was able to buy this car on my own 9 months ago with low car payments under $200 a month. For my first real car that I bought on my own, I am very happy with it. I love my 6 speed manual, it makes driving fun. It is comfortable, and very functional. The trunk is huge and the backseat is extremely roomy for a small sedan. The front seat is comfortable and feels very open. I have the base model because it is the only one that comes standard, but it still has a ton of features including bluetooth, Sirius radio, mp3 input for my iPod, A/C, etc. I drove this car to florida and back from VT and it couldn't have been better. I ended up getting 40 mpg down and up. This car is also great in the winter, very safe and secure. I got snow tires for mine but the all seasons that it comes with are fine too. The interior of the car is easy to clean, and the carpets are easy to clean too. the inside of one is two tones with grey seats and black carpets, but very functional. There are only a few downsides to my car. The 4 pillars are all thick and therefore serious blind spots. The ABS breaks kick in extremely easily (on gravel roads, wet roads etc.) but this isn't always a bad thing and I'd recommend getting different windshield wipers because the ones that come on the car do not last long and start to leave pieces behind when used with washer fluid. The car is a great value for anyone of any age. Inexpensive, safe, and you can't beat the warranty that it comes with."

Sporty Little Car

By on Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pros: "Great price, looks good, and is fun to drive."

Cons: "I haven't found anything I don't like about it."

"This vehicle is a total pleasure to own! It is quite responsive, very maneuverable, and fun to drive... and gets about 31 mpg in the city! (I thought I'd be a little disappointed going from a large six-cylinder down to a four, but its the loss in power is an easy trade-off with the money I save at the gas pump.) The craftsmanship is very good. But, what really sold me on the Forte Koup was the fact that it has a 10 year 100,000 mile warranty and comes completely equipped! --From custom floor mats to blue tooth technology... it's all there in the base price. It's a great little car, and you'd have to pay quite a bit more for a vehicle with similar features and probably wind up with a smaller engine. Oh, yea, and I love the way it looks!"

2011 Kia Forte SX 5 Door Hatchback Fun!

By on Saturday, September 10, 2011

Pros: "Peppy 2.4L Engine, Smooth 6 Speeed Auto, Styling, Handling, Warranty"

Cons: "Limited Design on Auto Tranny"

"This car is a heck of a lot of fun to drive. Mine has the optional sun roof and six speed automatic transmission, both of which I highly recommend. The SX 5 door has a 2.4 liter engine that has plenty of zip. Gas mileage suffers some (about 25 MPG around town, 30 HWY), but because I derive so much enjoyment driving it, the lesser gas mileage compared to the 2.0 version really doesn't bother me. (I owned a 2010 Forte 2.0 sedan and the thing would hardly get out of its own way. Also, the steering on that vehicle was ghastly on the highway.) The six speed transmission shifts smooth as silk in full auto. Convert to manual with stick or paddle shifters and it's a bit rough for sure. I very much hate the fact that Kia did not put a 3rd-5th gear lock out used for limiting the transmission to those ranges. I would have preferred that arrangement to the manual stick or paddle shifters they have on the auto transmission. It would have been very nice to keep the car up to only forth gear traveling, say, up to 40 MPH. Instead you must constantly shift manually to limit it. This is the only VERY negative design deficiency I have found in the Forte 5 door in what otherwise is a very well designed vehicle. The steering on the 2011 SX is smooth and responsive. It makes the car nimble and easy to complete quick agile maneuvers. Brakes are fantastic allowing you to stop on a dime. As far as styling, I really like the appearance of the 5 door infinitely better than the old lady looking sedan. And as far as the 17" alloy wheels, I feel they are as sleek looking as anything on the road. I'm in my fifties now, but I really feel that the entire styling of this vehicle will appeal to the young as well as the young at heart! Combine all this fun with a great new car warranty and a very reasonable price tag, and you have a winner here. But don't take my word for it, go see one and drive it for yourself!"

Very nice car for the money

By on Monday, September 30, 2013

Pros: "Quality built, great MPG"

Cons: "a little light at high speed"

"I purchased this car used with 36000 miles on it and have put 5000 miles on in a month and a half. We have taken a few long trips and have found the car very comfortable for extended rides. The 4 cylinder engine is surprisingly peppy and gives you the get up and go when you need it. There is no doubt that I love the 34 MPG average that I've been getting, but over all the car handles very nicely and has been trouble free."

Wouldn't think twice about buying this car again!!

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, comfortable, great gas mileage"

Cons: "gas mileage seems overly sensitive to tire psi"

"This car is an awesome car for the money.. I looks great have had it for a little over 2.5 years.. I got the Koup in blue, I bought it new in 2010 at the beginning of the year.. I am always getting compliments on the color and the design of the car..I have not had a single problem with car, it runs great, gets great gas mileage, is comfortable to drive, handles very well which makes the car more fun to drive..."

2010 KIA FORTE SX KOUP ONE GREAT CAR

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "You can't beat this car everything works great"

Cons: "Need more head room for the driver"

"I purchases this car new in 2010 i needed a car that was good on gas that wasn't going to cost me a fortune to buy new that i could depend on. I'm on the road a lot because of my job and i travel from state to state a great deal. I looked at a lot of new cars that were small and good on gas like the Toyota Hyb. Honda, Mazda etc. I wanted a car that ran on gas. I was talking to one of my coworkers who purchased a Kia Forte EX and he loved it we switched cars for a day and i was very suprised to see how great that car really was need less to say i went to the Kia dealer and spotted my KIA FORTE SX KOUP it was love at first sight right now i have 98,862 miles on it and i never had a problem with anything but the best thing is that i sleep good at night knowing have my Kia and you can't beat their warranty that also gives me a big piece of mind. I change the oil every 3,000 miles"

Cheap sports car

By on Saturday, January 14, 2012

Pros: "Good looking, good warranty, sporty"

Cons: "Little headroom, loud on dirt roads."

"Bought car on a whim. The SX model has a lot of things on it that make it look like a lot higher quality, for example, polished grill, fog lights, front plastics, premium 17 inch wheels, sport suspension, bigger motor ect. The car handles extrememly well, very little body roll, awesome paddle-shift transmission, good throttle response all without sacrificing fuel economy. Its looks are good too, deffinitly an eye catcher, people always comment on how nice my car is at gas stations, though I have done some modifications to it. Its a good car, enough said. The only issues I have found yet is the lack of sound deadening materials, particualarly in the wheel wells. I live where there are dirt roads, its very loud inside the car when driving on one. The wheels also stick out past the body panels so mud and dirt cover the side of the vehicle. Awesome brakes too."

Great Little Car

By on Thursday, January 21, 2010

"The Forte's preformance is great and the gas mileage as well. This little car can turn on a dime. It does well in the snow and icy roads. The engine is very quiet and the stereo in it is awsome. However, the seats could be a little more comfortable and the dash is a little plain. Over all we love our Forte."

Best new car for 2010

By on Sunday, July 14, 2013

Pros: "Everything about the car"

Cons: "Factory tires"

"I bought this car brand new in august 2010, drove it off the lot with 23 miles. This is the safest car I could find in my price range with 6 airbags. The gas milege for this 5 speed is beyond my expectation's, 375-400 miles for city, 400-450 miles for city/highway and 500-550 miles for highway. The sound systems is LOUD and clear. The interior room is huge, trunk is like a spare closet. I did not like the factory tires, did not perform well in snow. I just replaced them at 35,556 miles. I now get even better gas milege with the new tires. Very well laid out car interior for the driver, main focus buttons on steering wheel. The stereo, cruise control, bluetooth can all be used with your two thumbs while driving. Kia hit a homerun with this car, and let's not forget about the factory warranty's that come with the car. 5yr/60000mi bumper to bumper, 5yr/60000mi roadside, 10yr/100000mi powertrain. I even got a 5yr/60000mi free rim and tire replacement from the dealership for road hazard. I was looking to buy from the big 3 made in USA, but they could not even come close to the standard features, factory warranty's, and the six airbags as standard equiptment."

Nicely Equipped and Made

By on Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Pros: "Really good price point, good mileage"

Cons: "Steering takes some getting used to"

"My only fault is the electronic steering, this is so different from other vehicles it does take some getting used to (small but significant). The vehicle accelerates great, and handles rain and light snow with no issues. Audio system is great and handles calls from my cellular phone with ease."

Love this Car.

By on Friday, August 24, 2012

Pros: "Good Size for compact, Huge Trunk! Gr8 milg."

Cons: "Can't think of any... :)"

Looks ready for a Parade!

"We had a special 'coating' pkg. put on it when we bought it. With that, we would never have to wax it, if it gets a stain anywhere in the interior and they can't remove it... they will replace the seat or carpet... or if they can't make an exact match in color... they will dye the whole cars carpet or seats or whatever to make it look perfect! We haven't had to use the extreme version because even a bit of chocolate has wiped off the cloth seat! Love having the exterior seal. I hate to wax a car! This car surpisingly has plenty of leg room for 4 and the trunk could easily haul a few bodies, lol. It is huge and has split fold down back seats that have come in handy. ONE issue we have had is the rotors rusted before we even went through the 1st pair of brake shoes. They blamed it on the area & snow, etc... I haven't ever had that issue prior with any other new vehicle. They were (at the time) the only place that made their rotors (on purpose) and so the cost was exaggerated, to say the least. Our mechanic got them through KIA and they were $200 each! But, that is the only issue we have had on this car and it is driven almost totally highway to and from work to save on gas costs. It has saved a lot in that department. Great mileage! We've even taken it cross country once or twice!?! If it wasn't for a couple of dings from parking lots and people that don't care about other's property, it would still look brand new!"

Looks ready for a Parade!

Flawless and very good milage

By on Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pros: "Very confy, and great millage"

Cons: "slow downshift from the auto trans."

"It's very comfortable since I'm big 6' and 300 lbs. I haven't had any issues with it and usually I travel 40 miles everyday. It has all the accessories a premium brand will offer. The only thing missing is a backup camera or alert system, other than that is perfect. It has a big trunk. The only thing I'm not to happy about it is how the auto transmission is always looking for the most efficient gear and it take some time to downshift when accelerating, but thanks god for the sportshift that you can manually change gears so there is a learning curve to it."

Great Sporty Car

By on Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Pros: "Economical, fun to drive"

Cons: "Narrow friction point on the clutch."

"After years of driving a mini van, I needed a manual transmission for the fun along with a spirited engine. The Kia Forte SX with the 6 speed stick and 2.4 liter engine does the job, and for a reasonable price. I have driven mine for 45000 miles with no problems. The ONLY negatively unique feature is the very narrow friction point on the clutch, but that's only an issue if I don't have the RPMs up starting in first gear. Driving in the mountains with curves is a blast. It holds the road and the transmission is smooth going up and down the gears. On the highway with cruise control in 6th gear, I can get 34 MPG. City driving is closer to 23 MPG."

Alright car, dissapointed in MPG

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

Pros: "good looking car both in and out."

Cons: "MPG, uncomfortable seats"

"Things have been okay with this one. You get what you pay for so I don't want to complain too much. The main problem is that the advertised MPG was 26 to 34. I drive with the green eco light always on and in reality I get about 24 to 28. Major disappointment. Has cool features though for the price but definitely has the cheapy "things could break at any time" type feel."

2010 Kia Forte Koup EX 2D

By on Friday, July 30, 2010

"I had a part time valet job and got to sample drive many cars. I must say that when I was in the market for a new vehicle for my delivery job and decided on the Kia Forte, I fell in love. AGAIN. (lost a Nissan 300ZX in flood water) Now its like I'm in my 300ZX! Maybe I'm dreaming but well with in a budget for all the standard amenities. Almost feels like BMW coupe, interior styled like mercedes SLK, Infinity G35, exterior styled like Audi R5, Lexus IS. Thank you Kia! 45,000 miles and running! Wish it was rear wheel drive."

Great Car for the Money!!

By on Saturday, January 16, 2010

"I owned a 2005 Lexus RX330 which I liked a lot but I decided it was time to get a vehicle which got better gas mileage. I drove the Forte as a rental car and I liked it and I decided to buy one. I have a Forte with the 5-speed automatic-high fuel mileage package. The car is solid and it has plenty of horsepower for all kinds of driving. Moreover, the car does well in the snow since it has front-wheel drive, anti-lock brakes, vehicle skid control and traction control. The gas mileage is excellent. The stereo sounds good and I like the satellite radio. I am happy with the car so far and I see no reason to pay a lot more money for a luxury car. Toyota, Honda and Mazda should be worried."

I love the look of this car

By on Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pros: "Great price,looks nice"

Cons: "Horrible seat/headrest design"

"I love the look of this car. It's classy on the exterior but falls short on interior comfort. The head rests protrude forward and does not adjust. How did they miss the mark on this one? Every time I have a passenger with me they always complain because your neck starts to ache. It also has a lot of road noise! When I have passengers in the back seat they have a hard time hearing the conversations going on in the front due to road noise. Had I realized these 2 things,I would not have ever purchased this car in the first place. I am currently doing my homework to trade this car in for another."

I love this car

By on Thursday, July 4, 2013

Pros: "Great price, great value."

Cons: "I have not found a con yet."

"This car has been wonderful. I love it, I will probably buy another Kia when I decide to trade it in."

One of the best ever

By on Sunday, June 9, 2013

Pros: "Great price, easy to drive, lots of options"

Cons: "dash squeeks since windshield was replaced."

"Best car since the Datsun's of the late 70's This has been the most trouble free car I have owned in many years, plenty of pep, comfortable ride, been very dependable, awesome road hugging ability. Great quality and options for the price."

Best Vehicle i've driven so far!

By on Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Pros: "Amazing price, smooth ride, and decent power."

Cons: "Wish it had more guages, water temp, oil pressure"

"I absolutely love this car. It has a sporty and classy look to it, while still being a ECO car. The gas mileage has been very pleasing, you get alot of miles out of the 13 gallon tank. The car does great in all fronts, wet or snowy. It handles turns very well and performs very good on highway speeds. The interior is quiet all of the time no matter what is going on outside. Though I would have to say if your buying the car new the warranty is by far the best part. 10year/100000mile power train. And a if you get the gap coverage you also get a 7 year /100000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. I highly recommend this car to anyone on a budget."

Nice Car

By on Monday, April 2, 2012

Pros: "Great price, easy to drive, tons of great features"

Cons: "None."

"Great car for the price. Tons of upgraded features that come standard that are much pricier on another brand. Smooth steering, and even has a little kick on the freeway. Definitely would recommend it to a friend."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Kia Forte near Honolulu. See local deals