2010 Kia Forte

Based on 226 Ratings for the 2010 - 2013 models.

VERY nice car

By on Friday, July 06, 2012

Pros: "Price, fun to drive, road noise"

Cons: "Blind spots with all 4 pillars"

"I am 18 years old and I was able to buy this car on my own 9 months ago with low car payments under $200 a month. For my first real car that I bought on my own, I am very happy with it. I love my 6 speed manual, it makes driving fun. It is comfortable, and very functional. The trunk is huge and the backseat is extremely roomy for a small sedan. The front seat is comfortable and feels very open. I have the base model because it is the only one that comes standard, but it still has a ton of features including bluetooth, Sirius radio, mp3 input for my iPod, A/C, etc. I drove this car to florida and back from VT and it couldn't have been better. I ended up getting 40 mpg down and up. This car is also great in the winter, very safe and secure. I got snow tires for mine but the all seasons that it comes with are fine too. The interior of the car is easy to clean, and the carpets are easy to clean too. the inside of one is two tones with grey seats and black carpets, but very functional. There are only a few downsides to my car. The 4 pillars are all thick and therefore serious blind spots. The ABS breaks kick in extremely easily (on gravel roads, wet roads etc.) but this isn't always a bad thing and I'd recommend getting different windshield wipers because the ones that come on the car do not last long and start to leave pieces behind when used with washer fluid. The car is a great value for anyone of any age. Inexpensive, safe, and you can't beat the warranty that it comes with."

Sporty Little Car

By on Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pros: "Great price, looks good, and is fun to drive."

Cons: "I haven't found anything I don't like about it."

"This vehicle is a total pleasure to own! It is quite responsive, very maneuverable, and fun to drive... and gets about 31 mpg in the city! (I thought I'd be a little disappointed going from a large six-cylinder down to a four, but its the loss in power is an easy trade-off with the money I save at the gas pump.) The craftsmanship is very good. But, what really sold me on the Forte Koup was the fact that it has a 10 year 100,000 mile warranty and comes completely equipped! --From custom floor mats to blue tooth technology... it's all there in the base price. It's a great little car, and you'd have to pay quite a bit more for a vehicle with similar features and probably wind up with a smaller engine. Oh, yea, and I love the way it looks!"

2011 Kia Forte SX 5 Door Hatchback Fun!

By on Saturday, September 10, 2011

Pros: "Peppy 2.4L Engine, Smooth 6 Speeed Auto, Styling, Handling, Warranty"

Cons: "Limited Design on Auto Tranny"

"This car is a heck of a lot of fun to drive. Mine has the optional sun roof and six speed automatic transmission, both of which I highly recommend. The SX 5 door has a 2.4 liter engine that has plenty of zip. Gas mileage suffers some (about 25 MPG around town, 30 HWY), but because I derive so much enjoyment driving it, the lesser gas mileage compared to the 2.0 version really doesn't bother me. (I owned a 2010 Forte 2.0 sedan and the thing would hardly get out of its own way. Also, the steering on that vehicle was ghastly on the highway.) The six speed transmission shifts smooth as silk in full auto. Convert to manual with stick or paddle shifters and it's a bit rough for sure. I very much hate the fact that Kia did not put a 3rd-5th gear lock out used for limiting the transmission to those ranges. I would have preferred that arrangement to the manual stick or paddle shifters they have on the auto transmission. It would have been very nice to keep the car up to only forth gear traveling, say, up to 40 MPH. Instead you must constantly shift manually to limit it. This is the only VERY negative design deficiency I have found in the Forte 5 door in what otherwise is a very well designed vehicle. The steering on the 2011 SX is smooth and responsive. It makes the car nimble and easy to complete quick agile maneuvers. Brakes are fantastic allowing you to stop on a dime. As far as styling, I really like the appearance of the 5 door infinitely better than the old lady looking sedan. And as far as the 17" alloy wheels, I feel they are as sleek looking as anything on the road. I'm in my fifties now, but I really feel that the entire styling of this vehicle will appeal to the young as well as the young at heart! Combine all this fun with a great new car warranty and a very reasonable price tag, and you have a winner here. But don't take my word for it, go see one and drive it for yourself!"

Very nice car for the money

By on Monday, September 30, 2013

Pros: "Quality built, great MPG"

Cons: "a little light at high speed"

"I purchased this car used with 36000 miles on it and have put 5000 miles on in a month and a half. We have taken a few long trips and have found the car very comfortable for extended rides. The 4 cylinder engine is surprisingly peppy and gives you the get up and go when you need it. There is no doubt that I love the 34 MPG average that I've been getting, but over all the car handles very nicely and has been trouble free."

Wouldn't think twice about buying this car again!!

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, comfortable, great gas mileage"

Cons: "gas mileage seems overly sensitive to tire psi"

"This car is an awesome car for the money.. I looks great have had it for a little over 2.5 years.. I got the Koup in blue, I bought it new in 2010 at the beginning of the year.. I am always getting compliments on the color and the design of the car..I have not had a single problem with car, it runs great, gets great gas mileage, is comfortable to drive, handles very well which makes the car more fun to drive..."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Kia Forte near Honolulu. See local deals