2010 Kia Forte

Based on 203 Ratings for the 2010 - 2013 models.

great value for the price

By on Sunday, August 17, 2014

"Saw this car a year before I bought one. Also looked at Chevy Cruze and Volks. Jetta. Styling was a major reason I chose the Forte Koup. Three years later I still enjoy looking at it. Absolutely no problems; still runs great with good gas mileage. I get enough power and torque to keep me happy. If I was trading now I would go to Kia again."

I like it, but don't love it. Good car for the $.

By on Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Pros: "Nice looks, reliable, good mpg. Great audio sys."

Cons: "Touchy throttle."

"I bought the "High MPH" option, with low rolling resistance tires. Those tires did yield about 36mpg, but wore out quickly (about 22Kmi) & were terrible in the snow. I now have regular tires on the car & get about 33mpg avg driving. The car rides well & can easily stay with traffic. Love the sound system, although I don't subscribe to the satellite service. The BlueTooth phone interface is nice. I like the rear fold-down seats for hauling long things. A couple of minor driving issues; 1] The initial acceleration from a stop is very aggressive. The car tends to jump with very little pedal push. Makes smooth starts touchy, especially when teaching my son to drive! 2] The electric pwr steering doesn't return to neutral position as reliably as my previous vehicles did. This makes constant steering adjustments necessary to stay on course. I view those issue as minor in relation to the overall reliability & quality of the car."

Decent car especially for the money

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

Pros: "Standard features"

Cons: "Ride with the OEM tires was not that great."

"Love the standard features on the Forte Koup - shiftable automatic transmission, four-wheel ABS disc, great looks & style, good gas mileage, etc. Car has been very reliable without a single hiccup so far. I do keep maintenance up on the car as I want it to last."

Excellent small vehicle for young people!

By on Friday, July 18, 2014

Pros: "All +++++"

Cons: "Power is good, for Gas savings!"

"This is an excellent vehicle for those who have thrift in mind and yet want all the features in more expensive models. Gas economy is excellent, 27.5 in city driving, Highway driving 30 with the air on, can go to 33 without air or even better. Mechanically I have owned it for three years as good as the day I drove it out of the show room. In the city it's good and on the highway it performs well. Ride is good, sensitive steering electric power steering is very responsive. Once you go to Cruise control gas savings go up even with air on. Sound system could be a bit better but it is good. Great car mini limo for less cost. Great for young people as a starter, but you will always appreciate it's cost savings no matter what you own in the future!"

Great Handling, Poor Initial Model

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Pros: "Handling, Traction, Interior"

Cons: "Reliability, Transmission Systems"

"This car is great for handling in the summer and rain months, however, don't drive in the snow, especially in Chicago. My car has had three (3) transmissions, that's right, three transmissions. The first was a leak in the sealing, causing fluid to leak at a decent rate. The second was replaced because a ground blew, and the car remained in 3rd gear, even when in park or reverse. I've had 9 tyres replaced, because the camber continues to return to a poor state. I've tried to "baby" this car, but, I've spent more in repairs after the 36,000mi/3yr warranty at intial in 2010, than I've paid for used cars at 90K miles. This one has about 57K miles on the car, and the transmission is going again. I don't even live or drive in the city, so she gets proper gear shifting. Good interior I would say."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Kia Forte near Honolulu. See local deals