2009 Kia Borrego

Based on 77 Ratings for the 2009 models.

Great in an accident!

By on Wednesday, September 16, 2009

"I bought my Borrego in May. It was the Luxury edition. I loved it! This past August 23, I was in a serious accident. I ended up totalling my Borrego. The good side to this is that I walked away from the accident! Not a scratch and absolutley no pain even after the accident. Th other driver left in an ambulance. I credit the great buid of my Borrego for my safety in the accident. That is why when I found out it was totaled, I called and got another Borrego."

Mid size SUV that thinks it's a full size.

By on Saturday, August 11, 2012

Pros: "Greatly power and handling, lots of interior room"

Cons: "small gas tank, only made one year"

"We went to look at KIA Sorrentos, but none on the lot had a 3rd row or a V6. They had this one Borrego. It was sort of an impulse buy that I didn't research. So far, after 2 years, we still really like it. It looks and handles like a mid size SUV but inside it is like a full size. We take it on vacations and it is amazing how much stuff you can get in it. Yet it is easy to park. I can't say enough about the V6 motor. Drives like a race car. I can't imagine how a V8 one would drive. The fuel economy is good but the tank is small. Now for the negatives (but I think the positives outweigh them): When we bought it the hill assist control was not working right but warranty took care of that. Since I put new tires on it, the low tire light frequently comes on for a few days and goes off. Wont' seem to do it when I take it to the dealer. In hot weather, when fueling, sometimes gas spews out when pump shuts off. This is a chronic problem among several KIAs from what I've read. The 17 inch wheels look nice but large tires do not handle well on ice. Fortunately, in Oklahoma, that is not an issue often. In my opinion the front seats could be a little wider and the cloth quality on the LX is not the best. And, as stated above, the gas tank is small. It may sound like I am overly critical but I am only being objective. I would recommend this vehicle."

Very Nice Vehicle

By on Sunday, August 16, 2009

"I purchased my 2009 Kia Borrego in Dec 2008. I was in servicing my 2007 Kia Rondo and noticed the Borrego. I had been looking for a Tahoe or Explorer to buy, but was impressed with the Borrego. Since I have had such great luck with the Rondo, I took the chance and bought the 8cyl EX completely loaded Borrego. It has been a pleasure to drive and has met with all my expectations, except for fuel mileage. The best I can get is about 19 - 20 mpg. Otherwise this is a wonderful vehicle. This is a perfect vehicle for the sportsman or a family."

Awesome!!

By on Thursday, April 12, 2012

Pros: "Looks cool, drives awesome, has a great motor."

"I have only driven American cars my entire life but taking the gamble on the Borrego was well worth it. It looks unique and cool with the leather and premium wheels. It is so smooth to drive. It is very comparable to a lot of luxury cars but its only half the price."

I LoveThis Car

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "3 rows of seats"

Cons: "if all seats are used not much trunk room"

"Out of all the cars that I have owned, I love this car the most, but I was unsure if I paid too much, which is why I checked the blue book value and see I got a good deal. I rented this car for a weekend and fell in love with it so I went out on a whem the next week and purchased it. Love, Love, Love it."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Kia Borrego near Honolulu. See local deals