2015 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $25,990 - $26,695.

10/6.5

Based on 735 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

the gutless wonder

By on Wednesday, February 04, 2009

"Have had several versions of the Cherokee over the years. Always wanted a "real" Jeep, but with a family of 4, needed the luggage/grocery room from a bigger vehicle. I was way excited when they came out with the 4-door Rubicons and ordered one immediately. Moab, UT and Ouray, CO can't hold it back, it is so awsome on the trails. Went places I never thought it would go. Comfortable, easy to drive. No complaints on the city driving either. Is a bit skittish on ice. My one and only complaint about it is after going from my Grand Cherokee with the V-8 to this thing - I call it my gutless wonder. If I want to pass anybody on the hightway I'd better be going down hill with a tail wind and have 2 miles to get around them in. Absolutely no power once you leave 3rd gear. It would seem to me that something with this lack of "get up and go" should also get better milage than 16 mpg. If they ever offer a bigger engine for this thing it would be THE perfect vehicle and I will be first in line for a new one."

excetional ride for 4 wheel drive

By on Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Pros: "love this car, it does everything"

Cons: "the back view is limited"

"the exterior coating is excellent. it rides really well, especially for 4 wheel drive. good utility car and the hard top is quiet. The soft top is more noisy"

Excellent For Snow and Off Road

By on Sunday, September 26, 2010

"I've owned my 2007 Jeep Wrangler since August 2008. This is my first jeep and I absolutely love it. I bought my jeep predominantly for the northern Indiana winters and I couldn't have picked a better vehicle for the snow and ice that we get here. I've had it off road once and it outperformed even some modified jeeps in the mud. Having said that, the gas mileage is what you'd expect for a jeep. I average about 15 around town and 19-20 on the highway. The noise factor isn't a problem since I keep my hard top on year round. The sound system is excellent and I love having the onboard navigation system. I wish Jeep would put some more power in its engines. With the A/C running, it does seem a bit sluggish. Overall, I'm very pleased with my jeep and would own another in a heart beat."

Great WRANGLER

By on Monday, June 08, 2009

"If you're looking for a trail limo, you can have one in the Unlimited 4-door that will go places a Hummer could only dream of, while enjoying top-down, doors off fun in the sun! My fiancee and I got (her) a 2009 Wrangler X, B-package (base). The stock 29" tires are GARBAGE, but we had no intention of keeping them. Swapped in 33" Firestone Destination A/T's, and it made all the difference. Lifted 2.5" via RC coils, and now with an E-locker out back, this truck goes anywhere. For anyone who hasn't driven one, the coil-sprung (TJ, JK) Wranglers are NOTHING like the old leaf-sprung (CJ/YJ) Wranglers! They ride much better, handle better, and take a lot more stupidity to roll. The new JK has good ride/handling characteristics, and the electronic nannies are nice for less able drivers, while being defeatable for off-road. I HIGHLY recommend getting the anti-spin rear differential, or upping to the Rubicon if you plan on going off-road. With a decent set of tires and even just a rear locker, this Jeep goes anywhere with ease. I'd also recommend the 3.73 gears (available separately or in the Trailer Tow Group) for 32" tires that come with all but the base package- otherwise, it's fairly sluggish. In terms of comfort, it's a darn nice Wrangler. But it's still a Wrangler, not an Escalade. If you want leather, heated seats (a dealer-installed option, however), and to be able to hear your cell phone calls at over 20 MPH, get something else. The Wrangler is, as always, about top-down fun, be it on-road or off. The headrests are rock solid, and the seating position isn't great, but it's still a lot better than my old YJ's! I love it so much I'm in the process of trading in my Subaru for another one! Enjoy!"

Jeeped for life

By on Wednesday, November 19, 2008

"This is the most exciting four wheeler you'll ever find in this world ! Have been everywhere with it and never been stucked ! Mud over my 18 inches wheels without any problem... and completely stock! I can't even imagine how capable this thing must be with a minimum of aftermarket work. It is a SUV, a convertible, a winter truck, a family car (kids love to ride it topless) and most important an incredible off-road machine! If you want comfort, performance, fuel economy and fancy interior, get yourself something else... and I will be glad to tow you out when you'll be stuck in the snow this next winter! I will be the one with the smile and a Wrangler!!!"