2015 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,103 - $22,740.

10/6.5

Based on 699 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

The most attractive Jeep yet, awesome styling

By on Sunday, November 23, 2014

Pros: "Looks great inside and out, good price"

Cons: "Not a city or highway ride"

"Best looking Jeep ever, inside and out. That being said? Wish the 4.0 was back or I'd waited for the 3.6. The ongoing leaking roof that took the better part of 2 years to fix with multiple visits was my only major turn off. I expect to bail water in a boat, not in my vehicle. I'm a Jeep fan, especially liked seeing 98% American made, a huge selling point. That alone would keep me buying Jeeps. That it looks good doesn't, hurt either."

A step backwards from the TJ

By on Saturday, November 22, 2014

Pros: "4 doors, good stereo, better door handles, comfort"

Cons: "everything else. TJ is a much better value"

"This vehicle is a pavement pounder plain and simple. It has all the fancy gadgets and performance mods that make it perform great off-road, but overall it is built very fragile. There are also several little things that could have been designed better. There is a gap between the front fenders and bumper, and when rocks get caught in tire tread it bounces off the bumper and goes flying up to hit the windshield. Mine is already cracked from this. Jeep designed this thing for comfort, not to be the most capable factory available off-road vehicle. The roof leaks and has since it was new. There is no side protection beyond the fenders, so rocks fly up the sides and chip the paint. It is over 1000 pounds heavier than the TJ. The only things that were improved is the comfort, stereo system, the door handles, and having 4 doors. Not worth the extra $14,000."

One of the best Vehicles I've ever owned...

By on Friday, November 21, 2014

Pros: "All around, any season Vehicle.."

Cons: "small cargo area.."

"In a Harsh Climate like Northern Minnesota the Jeep Wrangler shines bright.. I've Driven through deep Snow ,-40 below Zero temperatures, and the Jeep's never failed me..And yes I'd Buy another one...."

My Jeep Rubicon is great

By on Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Cons: "needs spacer in front, Soft top is very complex."

"My jeep is really fun to drive, a little noisy, because the tops are not insulated, and the off road tires are lowd. Has more power than you need, easy to manuvere and handle. Interior is excellent, but for off road use don't get black leather, it is very hard to keep clean. You need to level the front of the jeeps, with a spacer, this makes them look better. I do get a little drift when driving slow speeds, but nothing bad. Off road incredible performance. Can't carry large items, because the back seats don't fold down far enough. Over all it is a great fun to drive and own vehicle."

amazingggggg

By on Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

"amazing car love it"

I absolutely love my jeep... It's so fun to drive.

By on Tuesday, November 04, 2014

"I'm a big guy and being that it's a jeep... I fit in there pretty good. The seats go all the way back to stretch and rest on long distances. Proud to own one finally !!! The new jk penstar seems to be plenty powerful enough and the 6 speed manual adds a lot of fun to the ride and drive. It's a jeep thing and it may not be for everyone for what their purpose is but it seems like you are seeing a lot more jeep jks as everyday driver , so perhaps that says something. I go camping and hiking a lot so I would eventually like to add a off road cargo trailer to the list and some of the accessories that , jeep , mopar, quadratech and the extended list of companies out there for customizing your jeep to your liking.... Lots of fun !!!"

Amazing, rugged, durable, dependable, comfortable.

By on Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Pros: "Absolutely great vehicle. durable and stylish!"

Cons: "Poor gas milage and bad with highway wind."

"This is a great vehicle in so many ways. its a classic icon of american styling, fun to drive durable, dependable, i could go on and on!"

great multi-purpose auto

By on Tuesday, November 04, 2014

"Fun car, capable of quietly tooling about community or exploring primitive off-road environments. Some issues with rearward visibility in traffic while wearing the hard-top; gas mileage is poor due to the low-range gearing and power requirements necessary for off-roading. All-steel construction makes it very safe for experienced drivers, young and old."

Great off road vehicle,

By on Friday, October 24, 2014

Pros: "Eats up off road work"

Cons: "Not so great at HWY speeds. stock shocks cheep.."

"Great off road, not so great on road, these Wrangler Rubicons like the dirt more than the streets. Leaves something to be desired at high way speeds."

Wrangler...It's a lifestyle choice

By on Thursday, October 23, 2014

Pros: "Value,Versatility,FUN factor,Reliability"

Cons: "Could get better MPG, but that's about it."

"When considering a Wrangler, you really need to list what your priorities are in a vehicle...are you looking for a smoooth ride? whisper quiet cabin? Hyper mpg? Utility/versatility? Fun factor? We've all heard over and over..."loud", "rough riding", " bad mpg". Is the Wrangler loud?...a little. But it's not like to have to shout at a passenger to have a conversation on the highway. The hard top cuts noise levels significantly over the soft top. Is it rought riding?...that's going to depend on who you ask. It rides like a vehicle built body-on-frame, so it may not ride like a Lexus, but it's not like the shocks were replaced with solid steel rods. It rides like a truck, which should be expected. MPG?...I've driven vehicles that got much worse mpg. Would it be great if it got 30mpg on the hwy? SURE! But it's not terrible. The change to the Pentastar V6 was the best move ever made for Wrangler yet. Do they leak? Not usually, but can, just need to take care when changing tops and take care of the seals. One big plus (if you plan to use the Wrangler as intended) is you can pull the carpets out, remove the drain plugs in the floor and hose out the interior. What other vehicle can do THAT? The Unlimited 4 door models have plenty of cargo space and the aftermarket has unimaginable options for more efficient utilization of available space. I like that almost every aspect of the vehicle can be customized to taste. Even the four door has a good turning radius and is quite manuverable in p-lots. Some say it's hard to see out of, but that's a matter of opinion, I've never had an issue. There are just so many things I love about Wrangler. It's a fairly practical, every day vehicle, but you also get a sweet "toy" to hit the trails, with the top down and the doors off. It's like getting multiple vehicles for the price of one. Go anywhere capability can't be beat. You'll never have to worry about getting snowed in again...unless perhaps you live in the arctic. Around the mountain, or OVER the mountain...OVER! In the end, if you think you can accept the Wrangler's minor shortcomings, you will love it, and likely never go back to living without one."

I love my Jeep

By on Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, soft top, great off-roading!"

Cons: "15-18 mpg"

"I am on my 5th Wrangler and the Rubicon Unlimited is definitely the best one I've ever had."

Life Size Lego

By on Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Pros: "fun drive, comfort, aftermarket upgrades, roomy"

Cons: "gas mileage, brakes, technology options"

removing hood ornaments

"My reason for getting a Jeep was to have a vehicle that was versatile regardless of location of residency. Meaning - that in any season I wouldn't have to worry about being hindered in any way of my movement from point A to point B. Its not that I needed that option but that I wanted to have that option. Additionally, I could also have some fun with the Jeep finding some trails and driving with the doors off etc.. It wasn't until the interior was redesigned to what it is now and the engine upgraded that I decided to purchase the Jeep. Those were two areas that I felt needed much attention. Now, the interior is great with comfortable seating and nice leather if I might ad with complimentary stitching as well. At 5' 7' I have plenty of room all around for driving and find that the seats are well designed for short and long distance driving. There is plenty of power in the motor for passing other motorist on the road and for going down the less paved path. There are many things I would say that Chrysler has done well with the new model from the sunroof top and removable all together, the removable doors are an easy job, plenty of cargo room with the seats down or up, engine power and the audio system is good as well. Areas for improvement I would say are gas mileage - I just find it hard to believe that with most modern sports cars and trucks that the Jeep mileage still maintains to be so horrendous. Now, I did not purchase it for its MPG but it is definitely an area for improvement. At best I have achieved 22 highway and 10 city. The brakes have a bad tendency of squeaking and grinding pretty constantly. A few trips to the Jeep Dealership and I am told that it is normal and there is nothing that they can do to fix it. The engine has a bad habit of holding high RPMs during normal driving when going up hill or down hill and not shifting. Just seems odd; normal fix action is to either speed up or slow down to have it shift and lower the RPMs. Under normal driving conditions the engine is pretty quite but once you apply some gas then it becomes much noisier in the cabin. The rear window weather stripping failed some how and was leaking water in. The brake pedal was squeaking and was informed it was the brake booster that had to be replaced. The NAV unit could use an upgrade in terms of better quality for the resolution and menu navigation. Not inherently having Bluetooth in the NAV upgrade is a bit of a let down (especially at $42K). I did notice that there is a warning that interior weight of the passengers with cargo should not exceed 800lbs; I sure hope I read that wrong or it was a mis-print because that just seems awfully low. So just four 200lb individuals and no cargo. Conclusion - I know this is a Jeep and some people would just accept some of these short comings. Everyone has their own preference; for me this is still a vehicle that cost me $42K so some of these areas should be scene as areas of improvement since they were missed on this generation."

removing hood ornaments

Not for Everyday Use & Check Oil Religiously

By on Monday, October 06, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive and great for bad weather."

Cons: "Cheap interior, bad gas mileage, must watch oil."

"The wife wanted a Jeep Wrangler to enjoy the Florida weather. It is a fun car to occasionally drive, but not for long trips or everyday use. Not comfortable for long trips and bad gas mileage - about as much as a truck, but less useful. Recently learned that this car consumes about one quart of oil every 1,000 miles between oil changes! Jeep will tell you that this is normal. I have a Honda Accord with 197,000 miles and have hardly ever needed to add oil between changes. Unfortunately, it was too late and I had to repair the engine because I blew a piston. Also, the tire sensor is always on even if the pressure is okay. Fun car for occasional use, bad weather, or off-road but not every day commuting."

love it

By on Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Pros: "great price"

Cons: "not enough storge"

hunting

"good vehical"

hunting

Talk about resale value!

By on Monday, September 29, 2014

Pros: "Solid, Reliable, Multifuntional, Good for Michigan"

Cons: "It's tall. Older dogs and people have trouble."

"I have paid this car through and never had an issue. New battery and tires this year have been my only expenses. Winter 2013-2014 was brutal in Michigan and my Jeep handled it like a champ. I was blazing trails through the snow and towing cars out of drifts so other people could get where they needed. I have maintained land with it, hauled huge loads, towed boats (even off-road) no problem. Kbb.com is reporting it is worth more than I paid for it 5 years later."

Its a Jeep thing

By on Saturday, September 06, 2014

Pros: "Excellent Engine and off-road abilities."

Cons: "Ride quality if looking for luxury car feel."

"Either you love a Jeep or hate a Jeep. I have owned other Jeeps in the past and this model (2012 and newer) is much improved. Best engine Jeep has ever used. Ironically for a Wrangler actually can overtake many cars on the road. Huge amount of power and acceleration with improved gas mileage. The ride quality is improved and still a little bumpy on the road but overall very good for a Jeep. Decent gas mileage averaging around 19mpg. The soft top is much improved being more quiet and airtight and easier to remove. Improved off-road abilities. Overall I would never own another type of vehicle. Can go anywhere in style."

Jeep, jeep.

By on Friday, August 29, 2014

"Good at what it does."

Very reliable and easy to work on yourself.

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

Pros: "Solid, dependable, American Made.""

Cons: "Uncomfortable seats, poor gas mileage.""

""Great vehicle that is incredibly versatile. The 4 door is a great option.Don't purchase this vehicle if you are looking for comfort.""

Love my Jeep Wrangler

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, lots of aftermarket available"

Cons: "Can't go back to a regular car ever again"

"I love my Jeep Wrangler. Is it the most comfortable car? Is it the most economical car? Is it the most practical car? No, not really. Is driving it with the top and doors off the most fun I can have with my clothes on? Absolutely! I owned a Jeep CJ7 back in the mid 80's and have always wanted to pick up a Wrangler, when the 4 door version came out it became practical to own with a family. I purchased the 2012 because of the engine upgrade and I have not been disappointed. The Jeep has much better power and acceleration than previous models. I really like the interior changes over previous years. It handles well for what it is and as far as I am concerned, it is like an erector set on wheels if you like to modify/accessorize your vehicle. There may be some reliability issues in previous years, but I have had nothing but good experience with mine, although I have not had it long term yet. A Wrangler is a lifestyle vehicle. In my opinion, it is like owning a Harley Davidson motorcycle. There may be better bikes out there, but you had better not tell that to a Harley owner."

Wanted One for Over 20 Years

By on Monday, August 18, 2014

Pros: "Sporty, Fun to Drive"

Cons: "head restraints/floppy back seat/tail gate"

"I have owned this vehicle for about three weeks. I love it for the most part. I absolutely hate the head restraints on the front seats. They are not adjustable angle wise and hit you in the back of the head all the time which is not comfortable. I also don't like the fact that the back seat (I have a two door model) does not fold down flat nor does it lock down when you fold it down. It flops around when you are driving the vehicle. I would just take it out but I don't have the room to store it. I also wish the back tail gate had a button to push on the inside so that you could lock it without having to have the key."

Fun ride.

By on Monday, August 18, 2014

Pros: "Great value retension."

"Great way to stay fun in."

Nice car, been tired of those luxury ones

By on Tuesday, August 12, 2014

"Really pleasant during summer topless."

i love my jeep

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

"A truck you can have fun with, depend on, feel safe in, and rely on. Sense i bought mine, 2 of my family member bought one. They to love there's."

Fun, versatile, peppy, comfortable

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

Pros: "Best vehcile to enjoy Florida"

Cons: "Took me 25 years to be able to get one"

"The perfect Florida vehicle. Top on / off, back seat in / out. 4wd. Comfortable for two. Fun to drive!"

Love my Jeep

By on Sunday, July 20, 2014

Pros: "Powerful, fun to drive, removable top and doors"

Cons: "the base package sound bar rattles some with bass."

"I love the 2013 Jeep Wrangler 2 door soft top. The ride is much better than older models I have driven. It is still a little noisy on the interstate but I rather enjoy the wind noise. The new engine has lots of power and love the 6 speed manual transmission. It is very fun to drive. With the top down in the summer it is just amazing. You need to drive one if you have never driven a Jeep Wrangler it is not exactly like a car so it is hard to compare it to one. The one design issue I wish Jeep would update is to tilt the windshield just slightly to help avoid the big impact of rocks on the glass if you are unfortunate enough to have the truck in front of you on the interstate kick a big one up at the glass."