2014 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $34,045 - $35,082.

10/6.6

Based on 715 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Its alright

By on Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Pros: "jeep wave"

Cons: "all above"

"When i bought this sahara jeep with almost everything in it, i thought it would be a dream. I was expecting something more comfortable. -The chair does not have enough adjustments -Wheel horse power is 189, not 285 -suspension is not as good as i expected -It drives okay... decent car -the opposite of a sports car -hard top hard to take off by yourself -dings easily -rust spot forming on door the worst part is, when i rolled it off the lot (literally), the center console lifting tab broke off. not impressed with jeep. in the city i get 13mpg. off roading isnt as fun as in a truck. feels fake and plasticy. i cant wait until i find time to trade it in for a sedan again. i came from a 2008 volvo s40 manual to a 2013 jeep wrangler sahara.... aaaandd il be going back to either a volvo or bmw very shortly."

Worst truck i get brand new

By on Monday, January 26, 2015

"Nothing but problems since brand new about 5000 miles since i start having problems , after 4 trips to the dealer still have the same problem and more noises on the front and from the 25000 miles noises when u shift into first gear , is sad when u buy a new car and you drive in city and sounds like a 15 year old car, all jeep does is give you the runs around , all they tell me bring in the jeep to see whats the problem but the truck been there 4 times for the front noises and 3 times for the rear noises . Corporate tell me is to bring to the dealer whom many times u have to take u carin to get fix so i thing jeep corporate doesent care about the customers only care about to sell the trucks , and let me tell People about this só. U go to the dealer só many times about. The something over and over again and spend Ur time át. The. Dealers for fun because u have to. Go Back sit ther for hours"

It's a Jeep

By on Saturday, January 24, 2015

Pros: "It's a Jeep, what else is there to say?"

Cons: "I haven't done all my upgrades yet."

"You don't buy a Wrangler if you want a quiet luxury type car. It's boxy, doesn't get the greatest of gas mileage, and rides rough. But that's exactly why you buy it. It's a fun car to drive. It's a Jeep, you either "get it" or you don't, in which case I hear Toy-o-ta makes a very boring car one might enjoy. Compared to my '91 Wrangler this is a luxury car. Like Jeeps of old, this one is easy to work on. Easy to get to the engine bay for fluid changes etc. Like any other car, take care of it and it should be fine."

Not for everyone

By on Thursday, January 22, 2015

"First start by saying my last two vehicles were Nissan Frontiers, which I loved. BUT, it was time for something new. I've always been intrigued by the wrangler but was skeptical of chrysler products. If I was going to get an SUV it had to be unique so the Wrangler Unlimited Sport fit that perfect. Pros: short wheel base and pretty agile, engine and transmission feel great, very versatile, looks cool, capable off road, has the features I need. cons: They are expensive! had to get seals replaced after 2 weeks for. drivers side leaking, but they were dilgent and fixed it. solid axle makes it a bit swirly, but not bad (vehicle isnt meant for freeway anyway. Summary: This just a fun vehicle to drive! ...I highly recommend the alpine stereo upgrade, as the factory sounds horrible! Head unit is a poor design as the button for BT and USB are the same, so if you synce you rphone, but plug in an Ipod, you cant have both, so you have to either use aux plug, or stream music via bluetooth. If you have a dog i suggest getting the "dirty dog - trench covers"...when the seats are flat in back there is a huge trench that could be a hazard."

Very enjoyable ride, fun driving manual shift.

By on Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Pros: "Great 4x4 for snow and good gas mileage."

Cons: "Not much storage space."

"I drive a lot of rugged backroads on a daily basis and winters in Michigan are long, cold and snowy. The Wrangler has never failed me yet and it has 113,000 miles. The manual transmission is the best one to drive."

I enjoy driving it.

By on Sunday, January 18, 2015

Pros: "goes anywhere, fun to drive and cost to own is low"

Cons: "Would not recommend to people who text and drive."

"This vehicle is a blast to drive, especially if you enjoy a stick shift. Very quick steering. Don't take your eyes off the road or you will be off the road. Can't wait to get this one paid off so I can upgrade to a Rubicon."

Great look, engine and transmission but!!

By on Sunday, January 18, 2015

Pros: "good look and great headroom and legroom"

Cons: "LEAKS"

"Vehicle has been reliable and enjoyable as an around town second car for my wife and family. Never been off road or even put in 4WD Vehicle has been in shop 5 times for leak issues. Hardtop bought so we would not have leak issues. The top has never been removed by us. Dealership has made 5 attempts to resolve issue with no success. Too bad we love the car but cant live with a flooded floorboard every time it rains. Dealer has done their best but now we are stuck with leaky jeep that was promised to be dry with hard top setup."

awesome

By on Sunday, January 04, 2015

"We love our 10a"

Not for the feint of heart

By on Friday, January 02, 2015

Pros: "absolutly great off road"

Cons: "bad ride,poor gas mileage,screwed up window contro"

"Very rough ride. to get to the rear seat you better be a kid. window controls on dash instead of door. getting spare tire loose takes awhile. poor gas mileage. but off road I don't think it can be beat!"

Quiet easy to handle awesome off road

By on Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Pros: "4 wheel drive is the best, easy to handle"

Cons: "Storage is limited"

"Overall great vehicle"

Off road beast

By on Saturday, December 27, 2014

Pros: "Fun to ride, off road beast"

Cons: "Low gas mileage"

"If you are looking for a vehicle to go off road and feel the air in your face look no more. But if you want a vehicle that has a soft ride and for everyday commute this may not be the best choice. This vehicle is for a special type of person. I really love my jeep and plan to get another"

Second time around

By on Monday, December 22, 2014

Pros: "Well built, comfortable and fun to drive."

"Retired to Northern Arizona and realized a 4 wheel drive was a great toy. Never owned a Jeep and really did not want to. Ended up buying a '04 cheap Jeep and really enjoyed it. Decided to move up and bought a used '12 and really fell in love with Jeep. A/C, auto, nice V6 and trans. Very comfortable and, so far, reliable. Seems to be very well built and it is comfortable. It really has no competition for true off road capability. My wife has claimed it as hers......oh well."

Best 4x4 SUV

By on Monday, December 22, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

"I bought this Jeep one year ago new, and i love it.I put over sized mud terrains on it, and it even drives better than stock tires.I am so thrilled with the power it has compared to the older models.So fun to drive, i love being in the Jeep family now.."

Powerful, Agile, And FUN!!! 285 HP with a 6 speed

By on Friday, December 19, 2014

Pros: "Great Engine"

Cons: "Needs a metal oil filter housing or spin on filter"

my 14 billet silver 4X4 sport

"Todays Jeep Wrangler has to do more than ever before. It goes down the highway at 70 all day long with ease with the 285 HP it tows my trailer loaded with my atv and camping gear. It Plows through snow, rain, muddy roads, Over small obstacles with ease. And it looks GREAT. I opted for the 6 speed manual and three piece hardtop. The ride is smooth and the fuel economy is awesome. My 07 Rubicon only pulled 14MPH but with the new 3.6Ltr I can get 25 MPH when I baby it back and forth to work. I have the 3.21 gears and 225/75/16 stock tires this puts going 70 at only 2000RPM. And at 55 in 6th gear it just cruises. Id give this wonderful version of the Jeep Wrangler a 9.9 of 10. I simply love it and hope to heck they keep the manual transmission available. I LOVE rowing through the gears."

my 14 billet silver 4X4 sport

Love my Rubicon!

By on Wednesday, December 03, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, comfortable, off-roading"

Cons: "Not cheap!"

"I have owned Wranglers for 7+ years now and I have to say my 2014 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon is the best one yet. It's very comfortable and I love to power of the 3.5l pentastar engine. I really like the 430N stereo--easy to use and the navigation is garmin based. Yes Jeeps are expensive but they hold their value really well. When I traded my 2013 in, I got almost what I paid for it new. It's a great vehicle and you will not be disappointed one bit."

Great vehicle

By on Friday, November 28, 2014

Pros: "Makes you felel like u are in Colllege"

Cons: "Wish the back window wen up higher when open"

"Fun jeep to own and drive in summer or winter"

The most attractive Jeep yet, awesome styling

By on Sunday, November 23, 2014

Pros: "Looks great inside and out, good price"

Cons: "Not a city or highway ride"

"Best looking Jeep ever, inside and out. That being said? Wish the 4.0 was back or I'd waited for the 3.6. The ongoing leaking roof that took the better part of 2 years to fix with multiple visits was my only major turn off. I expect to bail water in a boat, not in my vehicle. I'm a Jeep fan, especially liked seeing 98% American made, a huge selling point. That alone would keep me buying Jeeps. That it looks good doesn't, hurt either."

A step backwards from the TJ

By on Saturday, November 22, 2014

Pros: "4 doors, good stereo, better door handles, comfort"

Cons: "everything else. TJ is a much better value"

"This vehicle is a pavement pounder plain and simple. It has all the fancy gadgets and performance mods that make it perform great off-road, but overall it is built very fragile. There are also several little things that could have been designed better. There is a gap between the front fenders and bumper, and when rocks get caught in tire tread it bounces off the bumper and goes flying up to hit the windshield. Mine is already cracked from this. Jeep designed this thing for comfort, not to be the most capable factory available off-road vehicle. The roof leaks and has since it was new. There is no side protection beyond the fenders, so rocks fly up the sides and chip the paint. It is over 1000 pounds heavier than the TJ. The only things that were improved is the comfort, stereo system, the door handles, and having 4 doors. Not worth the extra $14,000."

One of the best Vehicles I've ever owned...

By on Friday, November 21, 2014

Pros: "All around, any season Vehicle.."

Cons: "small cargo area.."

"In a Harsh Climate like Northern Minnesota the Jeep Wrangler shines bright.. I've Driven through deep Snow ,-40 below Zero temperatures, and the Jeep's never failed me..And yes I'd Buy another one...."

My Jeep Rubicon is great

By on Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Cons: "needs spacer in front, Soft top is very complex."

"My jeep is really fun to drive, a little noisy, because the tops are not insulated, and the off road tires are lowd. Has more power than you need, easy to manuvere and handle. Interior is excellent, but for off road use don't get black leather, it is very hard to keep clean. You need to level the front of the jeeps, with a spacer, this makes them look better. I do get a little drift when driving slow speeds, but nothing bad. Off road incredible performance. Can't carry large items, because the back seats don't fold down far enough. Over all it is a great fun to drive and own vehicle."

amazingggggg

By on Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

"amazing car love it"

I absolutely love my jeep... It's so fun to drive.

By on Tuesday, November 04, 2014

"I'm a big guy and being that it's a jeep... I fit in there pretty good. The seats go all the way back to stretch and rest on long distances. Proud to own one finally !!! The new jk penstar seems to be plenty powerful enough and the 6 speed manual adds a lot of fun to the ride and drive. It's a jeep thing and it may not be for everyone for what their purpose is but it seems like you are seeing a lot more jeep jks as everyday driver , so perhaps that says something. I go camping and hiking a lot so I would eventually like to add a off road cargo trailer to the list and some of the accessories that , jeep , mopar, quadratech and the extended list of companies out there for customizing your jeep to your liking.... Lots of fun !!!"

Amazing, rugged, durable, dependable, comfortable.

By on Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Pros: "Absolutely great vehicle. durable and stylish!"

Cons: "Poor gas milage and bad with highway wind."

"This is a great vehicle in so many ways. its a classic icon of american styling, fun to drive durable, dependable, i could go on and on!"

great multi-purpose auto

By on Tuesday, November 04, 2014

"Fun car, capable of quietly tooling about community or exploring primitive off-road environments. Some issues with rearward visibility in traffic while wearing the hard-top; gas mileage is poor due to the low-range gearing and power requirements necessary for off-roading. All-steel construction makes it very safe for experienced drivers, young and old."

Great off road vehicle,

By on Friday, October 24, 2014

Pros: "Eats up off road work"

Cons: "Not so great at HWY speeds. stock shocks cheep.."

"Great off road, not so great on road, these Wrangler Rubicons like the dirt more than the streets. Leaves something to be desired at high way speeds."