2014 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $24,546 - $25,213.

10/6.6

Based on 675 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

The best built Jeep yet!

By on Saturday, December 08, 2012

Pros: "Solid, peppy, dependable, American Made."

Cons: "Uncomfortable seats, poor gas mileage."

"This is my third Jeep Wrangler. This is by far the best built I've had. My wife has also had Wranglers and likewise, this new JK model blows them all away. The vehicle is solid, tough and reliable. It has never been back to the dealer for ANYTHING! I cannot say that about any other new vehicle I've owned in the past. It handles extremely well at highway speeds and cruises at 75 mph easily on the interstate. The new for 2012 model year Pentastar engine is quick. This thing has actually chirped the large 32 inch all-terrain tires at stoplights! The Mercedes-made transmission is smooth. My only gripe is the seats - they should have lumbar support and the headrests are oddly placed in an exaggerated forward position. This is a common complaint from what I've read. The 2013s have redesigned seats but they're actually worse IMO! This is my only complaint for the interior and comfort. The gas mileage is poor although improved over previous models. They need the put a diesel in the wrangler!"

Its a Jeep - don't forget that

By on Thursday, December 06, 2012

Pros: "Jeep, convertable SUV, Go anywhere! Fun!"

Cons: "Its a utility vehicle. Make sure its for you."

"Great vehicle that is incredibly versatile. The 4 door is a great option for running around town and carting friends and family. We take ours for 4-6 hr trips all the time. It has great cargo room and works well for our lifestyle. Don't expect it to ride like a luxury car, handle like a sports car or get the same mileage as your Prius. However, use it like a Jeep (responsible, legal off-roading if you go exploring) and this thing will give you water cooler stories that people will actually listen to."

My Dream SUV

By on Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive with top down, great value"

Cons: "base model has lack of "luxury" add ons"

First week with my new jeep! Had to take it tailgating at the Bills game!

"As soon as Jeep came out with a 4-door Wrangler I was in love. I bought a 2010 Wrangler Unlimited as the first car I bought on my own. I have loved driving every minute. The only thing is that I wished I had gotten a few more "luxury" features like power windows and locks, and I miss having cruise control. I have the soft top, and am only 5 feet tall, and I can take it down and put it back up all by myself! It takes some getting used to, but it is easy and quick. I have been adding small things, like running boards, a hitch, heated seats, and next will be big tires. Every time I KBB its value, I am reassured I bought a car that will keep its value. Great Buy!"

First week with my new jeep! Had to take it tailgating at the Bills game!

A great modern "Universal" Jeep

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

Pros: "Grit, Utility, and a touch of modernity"

Cons: "harder to keep clean than previous models"

"I bought this Jeep a year ago to replace my 1983 Jeep CJ-7 which i daily drove around the mid-atlantic region for 7 years. I've owned several vintage soft-top Jeeps, and have had a love affair with Jeeps since I was 4 years old when my dad bought his first Jeep Cherokee. I was rather concerned about buying a "new" Jeep, thinking that the utility and grit of the brand had been white-washed in order to attract a wider market base. However, I quickly found that my concerns were misguided. This Jeep is still a true Jeep. The particular Jeep that i bought is bare bones: standard shift, power nothing... just like my CJ-7, and exactly what I wanted. Unlike my CJ-7, the Wrangler model is available with any and all of the modern doo-dads and widgetry that most drivers have come to expect. With this Jeep, any driver can expect to find a tidy and well laid-out dashboard, seats (even the bare-bones model) that adjust so that a person of any stature can be comfortable driving, a quiet interior, a top that is very easy to put up and down, and a good sound system. All of the interior components are of high quality and the interior itself could be considered "luxurious" compared to previous Jeep models. Mechanically speaking, the JK is the only new 4x4 vehicle available in the U.S.A. with live front and rear axles, a full frame and a transfer-case with a mechanical shift lever with a 4 wheel drive low selection. All other competitors in the field offer independent front suspension (in some cases, independent rear suspension too) and a push-button or "automatic" type selection for 4 wheel drive. Traditionally speaking, a full frame, live axles, and a true mechanical 4 wheel drive lever are the essence of a Jeep. Those mechanical elements have remained with the vehicle since 1941; once those features are lost, the Jeep as we know it will be gone forever. Compared to my other "slab-sided" Jeeps, I've found the body contours and crevasses of the JK to be a little more difficult to keep clean. Additionally, as with all new cars, the sheet metal on the Jeep is slightly thinner than desired. As with any model Jeep, the carpets are fully removable, allowing the entire interior to be hosed out. On the road, this Jeep handles better than any previous model. The ride is "rough" when compared to a new Cadillac, but compared to older Jeeps, the new model is very refined. While driving at highway speed, it is easy to carry on a conversation with a passenger, or hear the radio, something that was impossible in an older model. The interior is down-right quite. With a 6 speed, the Jeep is simply fun to drive. However, for someone who simply wants to cruise along, not really "drive", the Jeep is probably not for them. This Jeep is built for drivers who like to be in control of the vehicle without a lot of interference from computer controlled driving aids. In review, this new Jeep is the best of all things. It has brought the brand into the 21st century, but it has retained the character and components that make a Jeep a Jeep."

good jeep

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2008

"Well it 's alot of fun in the summer time , but with the soft top on has some noise to it . One of the big problems i have if you leave the keys in and shut the door it locks .Overall if you what to be free and don't have a bike this is just for you."

See if you qualify for