2013 Jeep Wrangler

Based on 658 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

2007 Jeep-great car despite minor problems

By on Monday, April 21, 2014

Pros: "Customizable, fun to drive, amazing resale value"

Cons: "loud at high speeds, mpg in city, limited room"

"I have had my 2007 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2D (Automatic) for about 2 years and have put about 20,000 miles on it so far. Overall, it is a great car. The extremely customizable, I've made some aftermarket improvements (lift, offroad tires, power programmer)and will continue for years to come. Also just the driving experience surpasses almost any car on the road. There isn't anything better than the top and doors off on a sunny day. I love this Jeep, but I have had some problems along the way in just the 20,000 miles I've had it. Because the 2007 model is the first of the JK generation, it is prone to many small problems that I've experienced in both my car and online research. I have had to replace the shift linkage in my transfer case, the transmission cable for the main shifter, some wobble in the steering wheel, and some other small problems. So overall, I would hands down recommend someone to get a Wrangler, but would advise a 2008 JK or newer to avoid a lot the kinks Jeep has gotten out along the way."

Awesome Jeep for tooling around.

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pros: "Holds it's value extraordinarilly well."

Cons: "Tough for a 5'6" female to climb into."

"My second Wrangler. The full doors are great in the winter, but for summer, half doors would be better. A little difficult to get in as it is higher than the older Wranglers. No room inside for anything but sitting behind the wheel. Still, the Wrangler is for fun-the shore, the mountains, camping or hiking. Getting it muddy and sloppy is what it is made for. Definitely not recommended as an everyday car-can't get in wearing a dress (don't know if a guy is wearing a dress whether it is easier)"

loved this vehicle from day one

By on Thursday, April 03, 2014

Pros: "goes anywhere"

"never anything but oil changes"

Awesome advancements great jeep

By on Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Pros: "Fun,exciting off-road monster"

Cons: "None for what I wanted"

"I had TJ prior to this and had done almost everything possible to it. I bought the 2012 Unlimited and it was like daylight to dark, the new jeeps have amazing power and off road they are equally surprising( nothing extreme) I added a full lift, detachable end links, dual steering stabilizer, exhaust, snorkel, front and rear bumpers. Control arm skid plates, front diff guard, neoprene seat covers, lights etc, too many ad dons to list. BLUF would buy another in a heartbeat, decent ride on the highway and also decent gas mileage compared to the old jeeps. If your looking for a Cadillac ride and interior comforts this is not your vehicle however if you like the outdoors and having the wind in your hair with a feeling of freedom, Jeep Wrangler is the way to go!!!"

Almost perfect

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

Pros: "ENdless versatility"

Cons: "Very thirsty, poor mileage"

"I own a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport. I have owned it for almost a year. PROS: Endless versatility, can go just about anywhere as is, Very comfortable ride, plenty of room for cargo, Lots of power. CONS: Gas hog (18 mpg on freeway), you have to gun it to pass slower traffic (torqie), heavy rooftop, need at least 2 people to remove. back seat sits too straight (common complaint from most passengers, noisy cockpit. SUMMARY: I kept my pros and cons short but overall I love it. I have never had more fun in a vehicle that I didn't have to alter myself. I recommend everyone own a Jeep at some point in their lives."

It's a Jeep

By on Saturday, March 29, 2014

Pros: "Looks, fun to drive, and not a status symbol."

Cons: "Noisy, a little rough, and not great mileage."

2011 sahara tan Wrangler with after market wheels...

"I love the look and "fun to drive" aspects of the Jeep Wrangler. Nothing on the road can match the rugged look and utility of a Jeep. It is not a "class" vehicle, meaning you are not projecting a status of any kind when driving a Jeep. You can be rich, poor, or anywhere in between, and if you want a Wrangler, you have one. I appreciate that about a Jeep. Bought new in 2011, removed all of the factory applied decals (Wrangler Sport, etc). There is no need to have these. Everyone knows you have a Jeep. Placed some after market wheels and black accents throughout. It looks great, and is personalized as mine. So far, not one issue!"

2011 sahara tan Wrangler with after market wheels...

Wrangler 4 door Sport FUNFUNFUN

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pros: "Great ride, fun in the sun and snow!!"

Cons: "Why did they get rid of the old straight 6"

"This is our 3rd Wrangler, (first 4dr) and cant say enough about how improved this Jeep is. The longer wheelbase makes for a great ride, and handles very well. This one is used around town mostly. Not happy about getting rid of the bullet proof straight 6, they sure didnt improve the MPG!!! But if you want to have a fun convertible, and the most reliable 4WD for bad weather then this is the APV(all purpose vehicle) for you! Have the 3 piece hard top and safari soft top, both easy on and off. Have even used this jeep to tow the 3700lb boat, and it does so with ease, yes i know its only rated for 3500, i'm just saying. Regular maintenance always done, no major problems in 40k miles. If we get rid of this Red Jeep it will only be to get one in another color, the wife likes yellow. haha"

Off road beast

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pros: "Off-road capability, fun to drive, convertible"

Cons: "Fuel inefficiency , wind noise"

"The vehicle is fun to drive. It meets and exceeds my expectations. In the region of Fort a Drum, NY, harsh winters are a common occurrence and the Jeep Wrangler has become the official vehicle for those that live or work here."

a looker, poor build quality, improved powertrain

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pros: "attention getter, fun to drive"

Cons: "noisy, loose"

"very capable vehicle with a great history and great looks. but, extremely noisy, squeaky, loose fitting joints, wind noise, road noise, loose suspension, excellent re-engineered engine/transmission. love the looks and capability; hate the noise and looseness"

Its a jeep,

By on Sunday, March 09, 2014

Pros: "GREAT visibility out all the windows."

Cons: "MPG, chrysler quality"

"BLUF: One thing all the professional reviewers have dead wrong is the visibility out of the ting. I imagine, if you're a once in a while car reviewer, you might get hung up on perceptions. Start looking for blind spots, rather than just seeing if you can't see well when in use. I own several cars and have owned many more in the last 5-10 years. From 2 door sports cars to 4 door wagons and pickups. The jeep has BY FAR, the best visibility. I can see out every window. In most of my cars, I can only see out of the front 2 on the passenger side and rear as well as driver's front. In this car i can turn my head and see everything. The rear tire sticks a few inches into the rear window, not covering it mostly. Sure if you were backing up a hill, it would be hard to see the ground, but that's the same with a hatchback or sports car as well. As well the same as every other SUV out there. The Jeep has the added advantage of having the rear tire being the farthest protruding part of the vehicle. So not only do you have a rubber bumper (though don't use it like that) but you can see where the back of your car is. What it lacks in high rear visibility cutoff, it makes up in point of view angles for the other 3 sides. TLDR, the visibility is better than any other car I've driven in the last 10 years. It may have a blind spot right behind the spare tire, but all cars have blind spots when right behind them and below the window. BLUF: One thing all the professional reviewers have dead wrong is the visibility out of the ting. I imagine, if you're a once in a while car reviewer, you might get hung up on perceptions. I own several cars. From 2 door sports cars to 4 door wagons and pickups. The jeep has BY FAR, the best visibility. I can see out every window. In most of my cars, I can only see out of the front 2 on the passenger side and rear as well as driver's front. In this car i can turn my head and see everything. The rear tire sticks a few inches into the rear window, not covering it mostly. Sure if you were backing up a hill, it would be hard to see the ground, but that's the same with a hatchback or sports car as well. As well the same as every other SUV out there. The Jeep has the added advantage of having the rear tire being the farthest protruding part of the vehicle. So not only do you have a rubber bumper (though don't use it like that) but you can see where the back of your car is. TLDR, the visibility is better than any other car I've driven in the last 10 years. It may have a blind spot right behind the spare tire, but all cars have blind spots when right behind them and below the window. Nothing too surprising with the JK unlimited Rubicon. It's still a Chrysler, so it still feels a little outdated. The interior has been updated from the previous garbage that all chryslers were sporting a few years ago. Nothing over the top, more like modern american made toyota quality. The flat body panels don't offer much rigidity. The door handles flex when you pull on them. The fender flares wobble around a bit, but not bad. Unlike what they showed on a motorweek review about the rear tire carrier flexing, they don't actually do that. You'd break the tire carrier before flexing the door. Its still an american car, so it has some creaks and rattles from new. Other than that, probably the first jeep that actually was drivable by anyone. My previous jeeps, even Cherokees, were rough, shoddily made, and so uncomfortable they required "jeeping" to be a life style, not simply a drive. The new jk is comfortable and refined. The mileage is typcial Chrysler again. If it had a GM drive train in it it would probably be capable of mid 25mpg, but even driving like the hypermiler I am, I can't get 20mpg (rubicon is worse than most due to tires and gears). Neat thing is, I can finally own a jeep and drive my family in it. Its edged its way into real car territory. I always loved my old, uncomfortable, unreliable jeeps in the past, but I couldn't bribe people into riding with me. Too hot, too cold, too bumpy, too cramped, too loud, to dangerous. This one is close enough to any other SUV. One thing it is lacking is the ability to corner. Solid axles and off road suspension mean it really likes to pitch over on the off ramps. IT doesn't skid or lift wheels, but combined with chrysler seats offering no support (might as well be sitting on a bean bag) you won't feel confident driving it at speed in curves. Which is just as well, as the steering is geared more for slow maneuvering than sporty response."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25