2011 Jeep Wrangler

Based on 657 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

A fun and sturdy vehicle

By on Thursday, May 16, 2013

Pros: "Fun, sturdy, reliable, and looks great."

Cons: "You'll get tired of smiling."

"We bought our Jeep Wrangler Unlimited as our third car. We've wanted a Jeep Wrangler for a long time, but with two boys in sports we needed more room for equipment. The four door with the trunk was perfect. We take the top down in April every year and leave it down until around November (park it in the garage for rainy days). It drives surprisingly well and has a ton of power. We are in our second year of ownership and smile ear to ear every time we pull out of the driveway, whether it is to a baseball tournament, football practice, or a run to a store or to eat. I've owned four other Jeeps (Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and Liberty) and once again we are very pleased. Reliable and solid, plus it looks great. I would highly recommend. The only reason I didn't rate value as a "10" is the up front cost is high due to resale value being so high."

Love my Jeep

By on Thursday, May 09, 2013

Pros: "Fun to Drive, Easy to remove hard top,"

Cons: "Wish the stereo was louder"

"Special ordered a 2013 and couldn't be happier. It is exactly what I wanted. It's fun to drive around town, take the top off and enjoy the sun. The removable hardtop is the way to go. It's easy to use, a lot less wind noise then the soft top and it's 100% waterproof. The Jeep has been flawless and most of all, it's fun to drive."

DO NOT BUY ONE. looks can be deceiving

By on Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Pros: "looks and name"

Cons: "EVERYTHING"

"Purchased a brand new wrangler and i was super excited, how ever i did not do my research, special ordered.... it has been a nightmare. The car has been in the dealer shop over 10 times and they can not fix any of the problems. Currently doing a Lemon Law against chrysler. WATER LEAK WATER LEAK WATER LEAK... leaks on the floors(always wet when it rains) Manual transmissions pops out of gear, Trac Control comes on randomly, Cruise control would not work unless i pull over and restart the car, clock is slow, death wobbles, random noise as if something is loose, soft top does not open and close properly, the car is underpowered all the time, very weak and always have to downshift or else you will not have any power. It is a GAS GUZZLER $$$ Please don't waste your $30k+ on a car like this. I will never purchase a chrysler product again. DO YOUR RESEARCH, just search lemon law on jeep wrangler on google and you will see others with these exact same problem. This car has been a nightmare."

NO problems

By on Monday, April 08, 2013

Pros: "Very dependable, fun to drive in all weather condi"

"I have put over 100,000 miles on my jeep the only thing I have had it to dealership for is scheduled maint. and one electronic sway bar disconnect servo which was under warranty."

Best in town

By on Monday, April 08, 2013

Pros: "Perfect for off road, Confortable for driving"

Cons: "Fuel economy is null"

"I have one and I love it"

Great Vehicle

By on Saturday, March 09, 2013

Pros: "holds its value"

Cons: "no room in the back for passengers"

"Mine has 84000 miles on it and never had any problems. This is my first jeep and I do love it. The back is useless though because it to hard to get anyone in or out. Although my 12 yr. old loves it. I think my jeep rides better off road than on pavement. over all I give my jeep a 9.5."

Worry

By on Sunday, February 24, 2013

"I purchased my Jeep in 2008. I was towed in for the first time by 1,700 miles. towed in 3 more times the first year. All service repairs were for something different. One problem is the low tire pressure light at on point the dealer told me to cover the light up with tape. The gas cap light is also on. The jeep since new the top has leaked water in 3 different places. The engine has always used oil. The seal in the rear end has been replace 3 times and currently leaks. Also the transmission lines currently leak and have been changed twice. Many recalls have been made. Some as recent as Nov 2012"

I LOVE my Jeep!!!

By on Friday, February 22, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, reasonable price"

Cons: "None that I can think of!"

"This is by far the best vehicle I've ever owned (and I've owned a lot of them!) I love the ability to take off the doors and enjoy the breeze!"

No more jeeps

By on Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Reason: unreliable

Cons: "Steering,engine oil consumption engine noise brake"

"This jeep just burned all the bridges"

I really love my new jeep.

By on Monday, February 04, 2013

Pros: "Very fast, lots of energy. I love the tough look."

Cons: "Storage is tight."

"My new Jeep runs perfect. I added the remote start. The freedom roof looks like it will be a lot of fun in the spring. The heat in this has to be the best there is. You can start it and crank the heat. I think the power in this is incredible. I swore it was an 8 cylinder. I am very happy with my new Jeep and i reccommend it to anyone that is considering buying one."

Way better than my old YJ

By on Thursday, January 31, 2013

Pros: "The look, feel, and the top down."

Cons: "A larger tow capacity would be a great improvement"

"I drove my 1989 Wrangler Sahara manual for 114,000 miles and it preformed like a mountain goat. I just purchased my 2012 Unlimited Wrangle in August of 2012 and I have everything to say about it! The ride is fantastic for this open-body sport utility. The increased power over my old '89 Wrangler was not expected when I did my test drive. Its off-road capabilities have been eye-opening for the whole family. The driver's cockpit is very comfortable and all of the controls are easily accessible for both me and my wife. She said that she "feels empowered by the height and stance of our jeep". The level of noise is to be expected for a soft-top, but it has seen a tremendous improvement from our last Jeep. The a/c works wonders for the family even in our desert heat. Great job Jeep! Keep building the here in the USA and we'll surely be a loyal customer in the future."

Freedom

By on Saturday, January 26, 2013

Pros: "The Wrangler lets you play as you'd like ... fun!"

Cons: "Larger fuel capacity/MPG and better headlamps."

"Whether on rough desert highways or off roading, our 2009 Rubicon Unlimited allows total command of the trail and the confidence the road before you will soon be behind. Trail or not, the Navi's bread crumb feature allows you to move about the uncharted with no regrets. No mechanical problems have been experienced. The ground clearance, ideal for off roading, elevates the passenger compartment to a level those elevated/customized rigs don't intimidate you all-the-while allowing you to take roads they shouldn't attempt ... stability is important. The suspension system is impressive both on the common roads and off, you'll especially appreciate the system during those times you don't read the road well. And don't fret if by chance you spill your favorite beverage every now and then ... the Jeep's spartan interior is designed for the off road, i.e., get dirty then clean'r up ... the carpets, seating and dash are unfazed by the dirt or moister climbing aboard for the ride during topless excursions. I've owned other 4X4 vehicles and all were enjoyable. What sets the Jeep apart from the rest is the feeling you get as you climb aboard the iconic vehicle and mingle amongst others on the streets ... knowing they all recognize you'll lead the way if only they could follow."

This is the best purchase I have made

By on Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Pros: "Great all weather vehicle, fun to drive."

Cons: "NONE"

"I bought a 2013 Sahara Unlimited, and have had nothing but great times so far. We had a couple very rough snow storms, and it was a blast driving in the deep snow. I even trid my best to spin it in a priking lot, but the stability control wouldnt budge, it was cruising the snow with ease. Gas mileage beats my 2007 G6, and the drive is responsive and quick, not sluggish at all. I recommend this to anyone looking for a fun total package vehicle."

It's a hoot to own and drive

By on Sunday, January 13, 2013

Pros: "a WOW look, the most fun I've ever had with a car"

Cons: "Wish I could think of one!"

"I just purchased my first Wrangler Unlimited, a 2013 Sahara in gecko green. I had two other Jeeps before, a 2006 Liberty Sport and a 2011 Liberty Unlimited. Those cars were nice, but this one is a Jeep-owner's dream, with its automatic transmission, leather heated seats, Bridgestone 18 inch Dueler/AT raised-letter tires, upgraded stereo, Alpine speakers, upgraded soft top, navigation, remote start, and automatic climate control. And with its gecko green color, you can't lose it in a parking lot! And woe to the driver who pulls out in front of me because he couldn't see me coming! I can't wait to flop the top back, take off the doors, and get up into those central PA boondocks."

Looks great, drives great and like the sportiness

By on Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive if used as a sport toy"

Cons: "Very hard to see out the back when driving."

"There is lots to like and enjoy about this Jeep and I wanted one very bad and would keep it if I only used it for fun and short drives and off road. I find it to be very difficult to see out when backing up. The rear head rest are blocking a great deal of view and add that to the rear windshield wiper motor package and of course the tire and you pretty much take out 80% to 90% of your rear view for general driving and trying to see while backing up. Does not give me a safe feeling. The gas milage is a huge disappointment. This is a 6 cylinder for crying out load. I use to get better gas milage on my first car back in 1966. The Big 3 are still in the dark ages when it comes to MPG. I build airplanes for a living and even we get better gas milage. I really wanted one bad, however after only 12K miles, I am going back to a truck that is more comfortable, hauls more and still goes off road."

Excellent off road and OK on road

By on Friday, January 04, 2013

Pros: "goes anywhere, super tough, great ground clearance"

Cons: "super slow and sluggish, terrible gas milage"

"I bought my 2012 Jeep Wrangler a little over 1 year ago and it has served me well. I have taken it off road several times and I was SHOCKED at how well this vehicle did off road. I would have never attempted some of the trails had I not seen other jeep owners in front of me just cross them. On road, this vehicle is OK. I thought I would love the fact that this vehicle is geared SO TALL. It only turns 2000 rpms at 70 in 6th gear. (I have the 6spd manual). However, the big downside to this is that not only is the Jeep very sluggish but it also only returns 17-18 mpg due to the fact that you constantly have to floor it to accelerate quickly. I blame this on the super-tall 3.21 rear axle ratio and I wish I had opted for the 3.73 rear end. The gearing is so tall that if you are going up a semi-steep hill on the interstate at 70mph in 6th, you will probably have to downshift to 5th in order to maintain speed. The soft top is easy to get off and harder to put up. This jeep is SOO tough. Several times I scraped on rocks off road and you can hardly tell. Bottom line is I would recommend this vehicle to someone who seriously wants or needs to travel off road on a regular basis. Otherwise, think twice before buying this super slow vehicle that only gets 17 mpg."

I love my JEEP!

By on Thursday, December 27, 2012

"I've always been a volkswagen guy but when i want a 4x4 I looked at the Jeep Wrngler. One of the best thing I've ever done. when off road with it I chicken out before it gives up. One thing I'm not a big fan of is the hood flutter on windy days and the death wobble. the best part is its something I can work on myself."

The best built Jeep yet!

By on Saturday, December 08, 2012

Pros: "Solid, peppy, dependable, American Made."

Cons: "Uncomfortable seats, poor gas mileage."

"This is my third Jeep Wrangler. This is by far the best built I've had. My wife has also had Wranglers and likewise, this new JK model blows them all away. The vehicle is solid, tough and reliable. It has never been back to the dealer for ANYTHING! I cannot say that about any other new vehicle I've owned in the past. It handles extremely well at highway speeds and cruises at 75 mph easily on the interstate. The new for 2012 model year Pentastar engine is quick. This thing has actually chirped the large 32 inch all-terrain tires at stoplights! The Mercedes-made transmission is smooth. My only gripe is the seats - they should have lumbar support and the headrests are oddly placed in an exaggerated forward position. This is a common complaint from what I've read. The 2013s have redesigned seats but they're actually worse IMO! This is my only complaint for the interior and comfort. The gas mileage is poor although improved over previous models. They need the put a diesel in the wrangler!"

Its a Jeep - don't forget that

By on Thursday, December 06, 2012

Pros: "Jeep, convertable SUV, Go anywhere! Fun!"

Cons: "Its a utility vehicle. Make sure its for you."

"Great vehicle that is incredibly versatile. The 4 door is a great option for running around town and carting friends and family. We take ours for 4-6 hr trips all the time. It has great cargo room and works well for our lifestyle. Don't expect it to ride like a luxury car, handle like a sports car or get the same mileage as your Prius. However, use it like a Jeep (responsible, legal off-roading if you go exploring) and this thing will give you water cooler stories that people will actually listen to."

Great little SUV, Came a long way since the 90's

By on Monday, December 03, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, sporty, love the 3 piece hard top"

Cons: "Not a great family vehicle, no room"

"The new 2012 Jeep Wranglers are excellent SUVs. They are not quite as comfortable as an Escalade, but considering where they were in the 90's, they sure have came a long way. I have back problems and was weary about the ride from a Jeep, but they truly have came a long way in the comfort area. Love the Jeep. Thanks!"

The top Jeep is tops!

By on Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Pros: "You can't help but love his Jeep!"

Cons: "Too much Fun!!"

"This is my 2nd Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, loved the 1st one to. The 2012 has be updated a lot, the interior is still a Wrangler but more car like and advanced. The exterior is still a JK thank goodness this 4dr still turns heads! The new 5 speed auto and pentastar V6 is the real story, they are a Great change! Smooth shifting, better on road and Off Road and the 285hp Pentastar is great. I tested a bunch of it's competitors nothing came close as far as I'm concerned. Sure on the road it's not what everyone would like but it's longer wheelbase and new engine and transmission make it a excellent traveller for such a great off roader. I averaged almost 22mpg on a trip to Nova Scotia this summer. Oh ya, did I mention it's a "Jeep"!! By the way I did receive a great trade in value for my 2007 Wrangler 4dr! This vehicle is really holding it's value."

Only vehicle I will ever really LOVE!

By on Saturday, November 17, 2012

Pros: "Great value!"

Cons: "Not very practical"

"I've had three in my life and honestly would continue buying them even if I had millions of dollars in the bank. Great value for the money! Fun! "We" just got pregnant and the only thing that tempers my excitement is knowing I'll be selling my wrangler & getting a more "practical" (and way less fun) SUV"

Love this SUV

By on Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, lots of looks, can go anywhere"

Cons: "gas mileage, slow"

"Lets be clear. this is a true SVU and not a all wheel drive mall crawler. If you looking for car like drive with smooth ride and all the options inside - this is not the car for you. Its slow off the line and passing can be an adventure but there is nothing like driving with the top off and hitting the trail. Its in a class of its own and should not be compared to other "SUV"s out there. Test drive one first. If you can take the top off. You'll either love or hate it. There really is no in between. Exterior - Great. Iconic looks. Interior - plastice seems and feels cheap. Not alot of bells and whistles. Base models may not have A/C. Drive - Slow off the line. But it gets to speed. Will drop some speed on hills. You'll need to downshift (if a stick). Ride is better than I thought it would be but still would be considered harsh to the average car driver. Overall - I've waited over 30 years to own one and I'm sad I waited this long. They are pricey but can find good deals if you hunt. For me - worth every dime."

A lot of vehicle for the money

By on Friday, October 19, 2012

Pros: "Looks - capabilities, Coolness Factor."

Cons: "Would have loved 25 mpg but oh well ---"

"Just took delivery of my special order 2013 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S in Crush with Premium sunrider soft top and 6 speed manual transmission and a host of other options. My Dealer treated me professionally along the 6 week process and allowed me to negotiate a very fair price. I have been driving the Jeep for the last 7 days. The top was lowered the second day and not been put up since (It's garaged). All I can say is I always wanted to own one since the CJ-7 days and finally made the move to get one. The car has been a blast and have had zero problems to date. The kids love it as well and they are already arguing over who will inherit the car when they reach driving age. I have rated this vehicle as a jeep / off road type vehicle - not a sports car or luxury sedan."

Great Jeep except for engine problems

By on Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pros: "(2012) Good power, Fun to drive, Great Styling."

Cons: "makes drive more and spend $ on upgrades/gas"

"Absolutely the BEST Wrangler to date. I have owned several different models and this one takes the cake. Great on road behavior, decent fuel millage for what it is and outstanding off road capability. Some Early 2012 models had a defective drivers side Cylinder Head and I happened to get one. Soon to be fixed under warranty. Other than that, it's a great Jeep."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25