2011 Jeep Wrangler

Based on 699 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Its a jeep,

By on Sunday, March 09, 2014

Pros: "GREAT visibility out all the windows."

Cons: "MPG, chrysler quality"

"BLUF: One thing all the professional reviewers have dead wrong is the visibility out of the ting. I imagine, if you're a once in a while car reviewer, you might get hung up on perceptions. Start looking for blind spots, rather than just seeing if you can't see well when in use. I own several cars and have owned many more in the last 5-10 years. From 2 door sports cars to 4 door wagons and pickups. The jeep has BY FAR, the best visibility. I can see out every window. In most of my cars, I can only see out of the front 2 on the passenger side and rear as well as driver's front. In this car i can turn my head and see everything. The rear tire sticks a few inches into the rear window, not covering it mostly. Sure if you were backing up a hill, it would be hard to see the ground, but that's the same with a hatchback or sports car as well. As well the same as every other SUV out there. The Jeep has the added advantage of having the rear tire being the farthest protruding part of the vehicle. So not only do you have a rubber bumper (though don't use it like that) but you can see where the back of your car is. What it lacks in high rear visibility cutoff, it makes up in point of view angles for the other 3 sides. TLDR, the visibility is better than any other car I've driven in the last 10 years. It may have a blind spot right behind the spare tire, but all cars have blind spots when right behind them and below the window. BLUF: One thing all the professional reviewers have dead wrong is the visibility out of the ting. I imagine, if you're a once in a while car reviewer, you might get hung up on perceptions. I own several cars. From 2 door sports cars to 4 door wagons and pickups. The jeep has BY FAR, the best visibility. I can see out every window. In most of my cars, I can only see out of the front 2 on the passenger side and rear as well as driver's front. In this car i can turn my head and see everything. The rear tire sticks a few inches into the rear window, not covering it mostly. Sure if you were backing up a hill, it would be hard to see the ground, but that's the same with a hatchback or sports car as well. As well the same as every other SUV out there. The Jeep has the added advantage of having the rear tire being the farthest protruding part of the vehicle. So not only do you have a rubber bumper (though don't use it like that) but you can see where the back of your car is. TLDR, the visibility is better than any other car I've driven in the last 10 years. It may have a blind spot right behind the spare tire, but all cars have blind spots when right behind them and below the window. Nothing too surprising with the JK unlimited Rubicon. It's still a Chrysler, so it still feels a little outdated. The interior has been updated from the previous garbage that all chryslers were sporting a few years ago. Nothing over the top, more like modern american made toyota quality. The flat body panels don't offer much rigidity. The door handles flex when you pull on them. The fender flares wobble around a bit, but not bad. Unlike what they showed on a motorweek review about the rear tire carrier flexing, they don't actually do that. You'd break the tire carrier before flexing the door. Its still an american car, so it has some creaks and rattles from new. Other than that, probably the first jeep that actually was drivable by anyone. My previous jeeps, even Cherokees, were rough, shoddily made, and so uncomfortable they required "jeeping" to be a life style, not simply a drive. The new jk is comfortable and refined. The mileage is typcial Chrysler again. If it had a GM drive train in it it would probably be capable of mid 25mpg, but even driving like the hypermiler I am, I can't get 20mpg (rubicon is worse than most due to tires and gears). Neat thing is, I can finally own a jeep and drive my family in it. Its edged its way into real car territory. I always loved my old, uncomfortable, unreliable jeeps in the past, but I couldn't bribe people into riding with me. Too hot, too cold, too bumpy, too cramped, too loud, to dangerous. This one is close enough to any other SUV. One thing it is lacking is the ability to corner. Solid axles and off road suspension mean it really likes to pitch over on the off ramps. IT doesn't skid or lift wheels, but combined with chrysler seats offering no support (might as well be sitting on a bean bag) you won't feel confident driving it at speed in curves. Which is just as well, as the steering is geared more for slow maneuvering than sporty response."

Best wrangler to date.

By on Saturday, March 08, 2014

"This is my 5th wrangler. No doubt the best one yet. The 285 hp pentastar mated to a six speed manual is simply outstanding! Off-road capability is of the chart as one would expect, but it's the improvements on road that put this wrangler over the top."

Good utility vehicle.

By on Saturday, March 01, 2014

Pros: "Great for towing behind a motorhome, off-roading,"

Cons: "Not as plush, quiet, or smooth riding as a sedan"

"My jeep wrangler has been everything I expected. I do a lot of off-roading with a club, I tow it behind my motorhome about 5,000 miles each year, and use it daily in town. All of my friends who own one would probably purchase them again--they all do some off-roading and several also use them as a tow vehicle behind their motorhome. My second car is a Jeep Grand Cheroke which I also like."

Awesome Jeep I love it!

By on Monday, February 24, 2014

Pros: "great in sand or snow, fun to drive, felt safe in"

Cons: "seats in back are uncomfortable for long trips"

"Its great for driving on the beaches, top is convertible 3 different ways which is awesome, for the money I paid for it though with all the options its still was worth it. Don't get the xyilion pkg though it is not worth it for five thousand they do not cover everything the dealership says it does. Overall though I have had no problems with it and I traveled from Florida to Pennsylvania in it. Its great on mileage as far as highway goes and if driving locally I get around 22mpg., despite what mfg.sticker says."

Amazing Quality, Great Value, Convertible, Jeep!

By on Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Pros: "removable seats, convertible, capable, chicks dig"

Cons: "nothing. If you don't like it buy a Honda"

"This is the best SUV you can get for the money. The Pentastar V6 has almost 300hp and has power on demand. I got the 6 speed manual and I love how it shifts smoothly through the gears. The beauty is that is still a true Jeep. It is a brute frame on convertible mountain scaling machine. I got the Sport because I have plans to build the jeep I want. I love that the accessories are inexpensive and endless. Love my JK Jeep. The only thing in the world I would trade for is another Jeep."

Over priced for what it is

By on Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Pros: "Great off road"

Cons: "Over priced!! poor craftmanship"

"First off it is way over priced for what you get in return for your dollar. Very poor performance up until 2012 model. Transmission shifting is sloppy at best. Has quirky electronic/electrical issues, example and this has happened 3 times to myself not to mention to the wife. Start up hit the button to roll windows down and only one goes down, or neither go down. Shut off engine start it back up and everything works as it should. Another issue with electronics is, start up and it will idle like it's got a miss or idles really rough, hit the gas and it will do nothing, no increase in rpm and same rough idle. Again shut it off and restart works fine for months!! The absolute worst part is the finish, you can't tell me after all the years these have been made they can not find a paint to paint the screws on the hood, doors and hinges that does not corrode ?? Mine started to show signs of corrosion only after the first year. Dealership said hmm nothing we can do about it, seriously? AS soon as this thing is paid off it's going down the road, this is the third JEEP I have owned but first Wrangler and never again. They might be for off-roading but for that I would get one from the 70's that didn't cost $25,000 and show rust only after the first year. If I were to put a price on a brand new one realistically it's worth about $12 to $15,000 not 25 to 30K."

Wrangler Rocks

By on Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Pros: "Drop the top and Go."

Cons: "Carpet is horrible."

"I had an 08 Wrangler and traded it for a 12 JKU(nlimited). I love the 4 doors and the ride is so much better with the extra length. Last week we had ice with snow on top in Georgia and I went wherever I wanted to, with no sweat. This on standard tires. The Wrangler keeps getting better, now my wife wants a Cherokee Trailhawk. The Wrangler makes a great convertible for summer drives in the mountains. I have had 1 service issue, this being the center console tray, which was my fault. 26 months ownership. Love it."

Wrangler Unlimited X - Love it, love it, love it!

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Pros: "Sooo dependable, comfortable, and fun too."

Cons: "Not the best gas mileage, but I knew that already."

With the Soft Top, I have the Hard Top too.

"This is my first Jeep. I always wanted one, but was afraid of the notoriously stiff - buckboard - ride. This is a dream. Rides better than my husbands Chevy Silverado... smooth. Some people say it isn't "really" a Jeep, tell me that when I'm off roading. Whoopee... I go where ever I want, and know I'm going to get back home, my husband loves that. Great stereo - Heater/AC is powerful - using the hard top now, back glass washer/wiper sure is handy - hauls my grown sons, groceries, and my lawnmower to the repair shop with ease. Just love this baby."

With the Soft Top, I have the Hard Top too.

only think I don't like is the gas milage.

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

"This is my 5th Wrangler. Only one with auto trans,prefer manual.added Bola dual exhaust and a K&N filter charger. Better gas milage as long as you don't get on it. Will probably get another one.once you drive one for awhile just don't want anything else"

Wouldn't trade my Wrangler for anything.

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

"Great vehicle. It is truly my favorite automobile that I've ever owned. Yes, it's a 2 door and it's a pain to get in and out of the back! But how often do I have to do that? Not often. I love the way it handles, especially the turning radius. I have the Sahara, and it is surprisingly quiet on the freeway. It only averages about 17-18 miles per gallon, and some folks don't like that. It's just a great looking Wrangler, too, in white."

ready to sell

By on Wednesday, January 15, 2014

"36 inch tires and a 3 and a half inch lift kit black with aluminum rims that are black and brushed. new updated radio. came loaded speakers in roll bar. only used once off road and that was to the vineyard."

One of my favorite vehicles

By on Saturday, January 11, 2014

Pros: "Great fun to own/drive"

Cons: "Mileage not the best..."

"I love this Wrangler! It is fun to drive, it is very capable and I feel safe inside. I think it actually rides quite well and quietly on good smooth roads. On bad or potholed roads, it is a bit jouncy and rides like a.....well, like a Wrangler! If a Jeep Wrangler is what you really want, nothing but a Jeep Wrangler will do! And, my Wrangler has been very reliable and problem free..."

What can I say

By on Friday, January 10, 2014

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "nothing"

"Its a jeep Thing; I bought my first jeep when I graduated from nursing school in 1982; It was My gift to me; I've owned 3 at one time. I love the mud and so fun to get dirty! My dad loved mine so much he went and bought him one. He is 78 years old. Buy one-you won't regret it."

LOVE IT!!! Just the engine

By on Friday, January 10, 2014

"Ok, first I LOVE MY JEEP!!!!! Won't trade it for a rocket. I did have a motor problem @ 35k lose bolt in the piston and yeah, whole motor had to be replaced. Under warranty. Other then that and an annoying radio short, this thing is a blast. I have recommended getting one to anyone i over hear talking about getting a new car."

Fun to Drive

By on Monday, January 06, 2014

Pros: "Price, goes almost anywhere"

Cons: "not for large familys"

Grand staircase

"My jeep has taken me eveywhere I wanted to go. Small enough to go on trails, large enough to take all my fish,hunt and camping equipment."

Grand staircase

Fun vehicle to drive, but kind of a turtle

By on Thursday, January 02, 2014

Pros: "The one and only 4 wheel drive convertible!"

Cons: "Could use some more HP."

"I've had this for 6 years now, with only having to replace a $5 thermostat. There are so many accessories one can purchase for Wranglers that make you fall in love with the SUV all over again and again."

It's not a car, it's a Jeep.

By on Saturday, December 28, 2013

Pros: "Rugged and durable. Iconic design."

Cons: "Awkward driving dynamic on the highway."

"I would not trade my 2013 Jeep Wrangler (JK) for anything on the road. For less than $25K, the Wrangler is tough as nails off road and reliable and fun on the road. It is a perfect weekend car for golfing and off road fun. It gets the job done in bad weather and difficult driving conditions. You will never "bottom out" and damage the undercarriage with a Wrangler - the ground clearance is amazing. Great Wrangler tires. It is not a comfortable, cushiony ride, but if you are considering a Wrangler that is not what you are looking for. The Wrangler can go anywhere. If you are tired of identical, boring cars and you want something more exciting, consider a Wrangler."

If you like Jeep Wrangler

By on Friday, December 27, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, convertible, handles extremes."

Cons: "Low mileage, not a lot of pick-up"

"2010 was a great year for Wrangler design. Friends who found the older Wrangler models uncomfortable were very happy sitting in this passenger seat. The 4-wheel drive comes in handy with snow. Also, when I first purchased the car, my driveway was a 20-degree slope. If you're looking for great mileage or a totally smooth ride, this isn't the vehicle for you. It's called "sport for a reason. On the other hand, every time I go through a cobblestone (or not repaired) street, I thank my stars that i'm in this moderately-priced auto, and not a Jaguar!"

Fun vehicle with trademark Jeep style

By on Thursday, December 12, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, holds it's value well"

Cons: "Lacks many creature comforts"

"Jeep Wranglers are NOT for everyone. They are, for the most part, stripped down bare essential utilitarian vehicles. They tend to ride harshly, can be noisy on the road, and they are not very fuel efficient. However, these shortcomings are so greatly overshadowed by the pure joy that comes from driving a Jeep. No other vehicle can do what it does by removing the top and doors. The freedom to go anywhere and be part of the environment. Driving a Jeep is more than just driving; you not only get to see, but feel and smell your surroundings!"

LOVE MY JEEP!!

By on Saturday, December 07, 2013

"Bought new in 2007, love this vehicle, love to drive it, reliable and gas mileage pretty good at average of about 20mpg. The only thing I don't really care for is the access to back seat, however I think I've used it about 3 times in 7 years! I receive compliments constantly (especially by guys), about the looks of it and "wishing they had one"! Have had dealers call me to see if I'd like to sell or trade, not yet! Highly recommend this vehicle.."

Awesome 2014 Jeep Rubicon

By on Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Pros: "Fun to Drive, Convertable, looks, resale value"

Cons: "Price, Gas mileage, Hard Top is pain to lift."

"Just bought the 2014 Rubicon. I wish I owned this vehicle long time ago. I removed the doors and hard-top the day I got it. It looks and rides awesome. I had to put the top back on after a day because of rain and cold weather. I cant wait to remove the top and doors completely again and go off roading. I am 38 and I always wanted a jeep ever since I was 8 yrs old. They have redesigned it completely and made the engine and interior quiter. It rides like a luxury SUV. It doesnt have the rough drive like earlier jeep models. I also like the re-sale price of the vehicle. I cant wait to ride it everyday."

Very satisfied with vehicle !!!

By on Thursday, October 17, 2013

Pros: "on-road, off-road, Jeep culture, very reliable"

Cons: "gas mileage, $"

"The best vehicle that I've owned but will get loaded Unlimited or Sahara next time !"

Driven jeep wranglers since 1986, I'm 64 yrs.old

By on Wednesday, October 16, 2013

"I've own 8 Jeeps CJ's/Wranglers, never have I had a complaint about any of them. I know what I'm buying, and love the seperation from the boring other vechiles on the road. My wife and I love going for drives around the Great Lakes of Michigan with the top off. We maybe 64 years old but, our Jeeps keeps us young a heart. Plus it's make in the U.S.A., 30 miles from where I live, in Toledo, Ohio. If you have never driven one I feel you owe it to yourself to do so. P.S. Their not for everyone."

Fun

By on Monday, September 30, 2013

"Fun and value filled"

Jeeps are not supposed to be Caddy's

By on Monday, September 30, 2013

Pros: "Value for the money and lots of fun in the sun"

Cons: "Can be difficult for some to get in and out"

"I have owned a lot of vehicles, no exotics, but cars I had to tote tools every day to nice trucks. The Jeep Wrangler is by far the best vehicle for the price and much more capable of going to places the big Bronco's only dreamed of. Very reliable and even in incliment weather very stable."