2009 Jeep Wrangler

Based on 684 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

DON'T BUY USED

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Pros: "Fun! High resale value. Simple. Excellent 4x4."

Cons: "Poor safety ratings. Fuel economy. Sound system."

"This is my 2nd Wrangler, my first JK and I love it. It's a Jeep thing - it's similar to buying a Harley Davidson. Jeep is more a way of life than a practical, economical vehicle. Topless, doorless, folding windshield and all of this FUN with a proven go-anywhere 4x4 capability. They hold their value better than any car I've owned. Easy to sell at a premium price - especially if you take care of it. Spring time brings out the Jeep in everybody and you're guaranteed to have buyers coming out of the woods. All Wranglers currently have the same 285 hp motor, and transmission/transfer case. The only difference is the gearing ratios in the axle and transfer case. Mine has the 3.21 gears and I wish I'd spent a little more for the 3.73 gears. Rubicons (which are way over-priced) have the 4.10 gears and locking differentials which are nice, but definitely not necessary. Shop around for the newest and cheapest Sport model. You'll save thou$and$. Remember, Jeep stands for Just Empty Every Pocket...you'll enjoy customizing your American legend. Keep the rubber side down."

Awesome vehicle!

By on Tuesday, June 17, 2014

"I would recommend this vehicle for anyone that lives in areas of lots of snow fall, also great on the highway as well. I would rate this as the top vehicle to drive with 4 wheel drive, sits up high, very easy to maneuver! I have owned SUV's and cars and really this is the best in weather conditions of all types. Night driving is also good, except with heavy rains which most vehicles are hard to drive in those conditions."

Great for dirt roads, have transmission problems

By on Saturday, June 14, 2014

Pros: "expensive parts, uncomfortable & transmission prob"

Cons: "Great AC, awesome in snow and mud, looks pretty."

"My transmission went out at 119,000 miles. I had the dealership put a rebuilt transmission in and it had selenoid problems less than 30,000 miles later and again 25,000 miles later. I had a lot of issues with the steering wheel and after paying to get it fixed 3 times, a recall came out for the clock-spring to be replaced in the steering wheel. i asked for a refund and got it. Also the inner fender liners were recalled. The seats are not very comfortable.The door harness which has wires in it, broke on both front doors, when the wind caught them. I love my Jeep, but don't know if I want to deal with all these issues again."

Love it so far

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive,big bang for the buck"

Cons: "Gas milage about 16mpg. mostly city driving"

"Ive owned my jeep for two years now. Whenever I park it and walk away I still look back to this day. Thats when you know you really like your jeep. 3.8 motor is powerful enough for me. New interior with soft touch leather is amazing.Jeep has come a long way."

Great car!

By on Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Pros: "Fun, economical, beautiful, rugged. Has character."

Cons: "Back seat hard to get in/out. Interior light poor."

"My Wrangler Sahara is fun and economical compared to the Wrangler Unlimited. Love everything about it but the back seat could be easier to enter and exit. Also, zipping back plastic window back in a little difficult. Overall, such a great car!"