2009 Jeep Wrangler

Based on 701 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Great off road vehicle,

By on Friday, October 24, 2014

Pros: "Eats up off road work"

Cons: "Not so great at HWY speeds. stock shocks cheep.."

"Great off road, not so great on road, these Wrangler Rubicons like the dirt more than the streets. Leaves something to be desired at high way speeds."

Wrangler...It's a lifestyle choice

By on Thursday, October 23, 2014

Pros: "Value,Versatility,FUN factor,Reliability"

Cons: "Could get better MPG, but that's about it."

"When considering a Wrangler, you really need to list what your priorities are in a vehicle...are you looking for a smoooth ride? whisper quiet cabin? Hyper mpg? Utility/versatility? Fun factor? We've all heard over and over..."loud", "rough riding", " bad mpg". Is the Wrangler loud?...a little. But it's not like to have to shout at a passenger to have a conversation on the highway. The hard top cuts noise levels significantly over the soft top. Is it rought riding?...that's going to depend on who you ask. It rides like a vehicle built body-on-frame, so it may not ride like a Lexus, but it's not like the shocks were replaced with solid steel rods. It rides like a truck, which should be expected. MPG?...I've driven vehicles that got much worse mpg. Would it be great if it got 30mpg on the hwy? SURE! But it's not terrible. The change to the Pentastar V6 was the best move ever made for Wrangler yet. Do they leak? Not usually, but can, just need to take care when changing tops and take care of the seals. One big plus (if you plan to use the Wrangler as intended) is you can pull the carpets out, remove the drain plugs in the floor and hose out the interior. What other vehicle can do THAT? The Unlimited 4 door models have plenty of cargo space and the aftermarket has unimaginable options for more efficient utilization of available space. I like that almost every aspect of the vehicle can be customized to taste. Even the four door has a good turning radius and is quite manuverable in p-lots. Some say it's hard to see out of, but that's a matter of opinion, I've never had an issue. There are just so many things I love about Wrangler. It's a fairly practical, every day vehicle, but you also get a sweet "toy" to hit the trails, with the top down and the doors off. It's like getting multiple vehicles for the price of one. Go anywhere capability can't be beat. You'll never have to worry about getting snowed in again...unless perhaps you live in the arctic. Around the mountain, or OVER the mountain...OVER! In the end, if you think you can accept the Wrangler's minor shortcomings, you will love it, and likely never go back to living without one."

I love my Jeep

By on Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, soft top, great off-roading!"

Cons: "15-18 mpg"

"I am on my 5th Wrangler and the Rubicon Unlimited is definitely the best one I've ever had."

Life Size Lego

By on Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Pros: "fun drive, comfort, aftermarket upgrades, roomy"

Cons: "gas mileage, brakes, technology options"

removing hood ornaments

"My reason for getting a Jeep was to have a vehicle that was versatile regardless of location of residency. Meaning - that in any season I wouldn't have to worry about being hindered in any way of my movement from point A to point B. Its not that I needed that option but that I wanted to have that option. Additionally, I could also have some fun with the Jeep finding some trails and driving with the doors off etc.. It wasn't until the interior was redesigned to what it is now and the engine upgraded that I decided to purchase the Jeep. Those were two areas that I felt needed much attention. Now, the interior is great with comfortable seating and nice leather if I might ad with complimentary stitching as well. At 5' 7' I have plenty of room all around for driving and find that the seats are well designed for short and long distance driving. There is plenty of power in the motor for passing other motorist on the road and for going down the less paved path. There are many things I would say that Chrysler has done well with the new model from the sunroof top and removable all together, the removable doors are an easy job, plenty of cargo room with the seats down or up, engine power and the audio system is good as well. Areas for improvement I would say are gas mileage - I just find it hard to believe that with most modern sports cars and trucks that the Jeep mileage still maintains to be so horrendous. Now, I did not purchase it for its MPG but it is definitely an area for improvement. At best I have achieved 22 highway and 10 city. The brakes have a bad tendency of squeaking and grinding pretty constantly. A few trips to the Jeep Dealership and I am told that it is normal and there is nothing that they can do to fix it. The engine has a bad habit of holding high RPMs during normal driving when going up hill or down hill and not shifting. Just seems odd; normal fix action is to either speed up or slow down to have it shift and lower the RPMs. Under normal driving conditions the engine is pretty quite but once you apply some gas then it becomes much noisier in the cabin. The rear window weather stripping failed some how and was leaking water in. The brake pedal was squeaking and was informed it was the brake booster that had to be replaced. The NAV unit could use an upgrade in terms of better quality for the resolution and menu navigation. Not inherently having Bluetooth in the NAV upgrade is a bit of a let down (especially at $42K). I did notice that there is a warning that interior weight of the passengers with cargo should not exceed 800lbs; I sure hope I read that wrong or it was a mis-print because that just seems awfully low. So just four 200lb individuals and no cargo. Conclusion - I know this is a Jeep and some people would just accept some of these short comings. Everyone has their own preference; for me this is still a vehicle that cost me $42K so some of these areas should be scene as areas of improvement since they were missed on this generation."

removing hood ornaments

Not for Everyday Use & Check Oil Religiously

By on Monday, October 06, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive and great for bad weather."

Cons: "Cheap interior, bad gas mileage, must watch oil."

"The wife wanted a Jeep Wrangler to enjoy the Florida weather. It is a fun car to occasionally drive, but not for long trips or everyday use. Not comfortable for long trips and bad gas mileage - about as much as a truck, but less useful. Recently learned that this car consumes about one quart of oil every 1,000 miles between oil changes! Jeep will tell you that this is normal. I have a Honda Accord with 197,000 miles and have hardly ever needed to add oil between changes. Unfortunately, it was too late and I had to repair the engine because I blew a piston. Also, the tire sensor is always on even if the pressure is okay. Fun car for occasional use, bad weather, or off-road but not every day commuting."

love it

By on Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Pros: "great price"

Cons: "not enough storge"

hunting

"good vehical"

hunting

Talk about resale value!

By on Monday, September 29, 2014

Pros: "Solid, Reliable, Multifuntional, Good for Michigan"

Cons: "It's tall. Older dogs and people have trouble."

"I have paid this car through and never had an issue. New battery and tires this year have been my only expenses. Winter 2013-2014 was brutal in Michigan and my Jeep handled it like a champ. I was blazing trails through the snow and towing cars out of drifts so other people could get where they needed. I have maintained land with it, hauled huge loads, towed boats (even off-road) no problem. Kbb.com is reporting it is worth more than I paid for it 5 years later."

Its a Jeep thing

By on Saturday, September 06, 2014

Pros: "Excellent Engine and off-road abilities."

Cons: "Ride quality if looking for luxury car feel."

"Either you love a Jeep or hate a Jeep. I have owned other Jeeps in the past and this model (2012 and newer) is much improved. Best engine Jeep has ever used. Ironically for a Wrangler actually can overtake many cars on the road. Huge amount of power and acceleration with improved gas mileage. The ride quality is improved and still a little bumpy on the road but overall very good for a Jeep. Decent gas mileage averaging around 19mpg. The soft top is much improved being more quiet and airtight and easier to remove. Improved off-road abilities. Overall I would never own another type of vehicle. Can go anywhere in style."

Jeep, jeep.

By on Friday, August 29, 2014

"Good at what it does."

Very reliable and easy to work on yourself.

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

Pros: "Solid, dependable, American Made.""

Cons: "Uncomfortable seats, poor gas mileage.""

""Great vehicle that is incredibly versatile. The 4 door is a great option.Don't purchase this vehicle if you are looking for comfort.""