2009 Jeep Wrangler

Based on 684 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Great vehicle to drive in the city or mountains.

By on Saturday, July 19, 2014

"So surprised the first time I drove it. Its not you r dads old Jeep! I got the Sahara packed and the seat is the most comfortable in its class. It has more that enough power to do anything you want. ALMOST too nice to 4 wheel."

Best Wrangler for the family

By on Saturday, July 19, 2014

Pros: "Pentastar engine. FUN convertible & off-road"

Cons: "Mileage. Back seat access."

"This is the fifth Wrangler I have owned and the best for the family. The 2012 and newer with Pentastar engine gets 25% better MPG than my previous Wranglers. I average 20+ on 12 mile commute and the same on highway. The family made the decision to go with the 2014 4-door. Hardtop is better than previous models and the fold back soft top makes this a true all season vehicle. No problems with any of the 5 Jeeps. Most maintenance is change of fluids and tires. Highly recommend Jeep for the FUN factor too. The family liked previous Sport, Rubicon, Unlimited models but this is their favorite because of the space and smoother ride quality. We selected a Limited Edition and it gets noticed everywhere we go. Mileage could and should be better however, this is not a car and with the larger tires is not intended to go 80 mph or take cloverleaf turns like a sport car. Test drive on highway and city. Jeeps are not for everyone. We obviously like them or we wouldn't be in number five."

Very reliable

By on Tuesday, July 15, 2014

"Very reliable and easy to work on yourself. Don't purchase this vehicle if you are looking for comfort."

GOOD VEHICLE FOR THE PRICE

By on Monday, July 07, 2014

Cons: "WINDOW CONTROLS SHOULD BE ON DOOR NOT DASH"

"DO NOT BUY IF INTERESTED IN COMFORTT OR GAS MILEAGE"

Wrangler Mercenary PKG is by far the coolest!

By on Sunday, June 29, 2014

Pros: "LOOKS, LOOKS & LOOKS...style, comfort, horsepower"

Cons: "Mercenary gets poor gas mileage because of lift"

"I purchased a 2013 Jeep Wrangler after trading UP from my 2012 Jeep Wrangler! Trade up you ask? Here in Kansas City there is a Jeep dealer that upgrades the Wrangler's with the "permission" of Jeep and calls them MERCENARY...with the dealer doing it, it keeps the factory warranty in place! I have uploaded a pic for you to see all the stuff it has on it. 4" lift, 35" tires, power running boards, roof rack and basket, H.I.D each lichts and front lights, LED headlights, tail lights and blinkers...new aggressive from bumper and rear bumper with 10,000lbs winch, new tailgate tire carrier that also holds 2 gas cans and other numerous items added to this bad boy! My 2012 was also a Mercenary and I rode her hard and put her up wet, 66 miles in 2 years...I saw this one on the lot and traded in my OLD Mercenary and got a GREAT trade in price with all the stuff I had on it! My wife has a 2010 Wrangler Mountain edition, which is nice, but lacks the power and finness that the 2012 & 2013 have. The extra 85 horsepower is a Godsend...if you can afford it, check out the Jeep Mercenary...they are real head turners!"

My video

2013 Jeep Wrangler Mercenary

DON'T BUY USED

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Pros: "Fun! High resale value. Simple. Excellent 4x4."

Cons: "Poor safety ratings. Fuel economy. Sound system."

"This is my 2nd Wrangler, my first JK and I love it. It's a Jeep thing - it's similar to buying a Harley Davidson. Jeep is more a way of life than a practical, economical vehicle. Topless, doorless, folding windshield and all of this FUN with a proven go-anywhere 4x4 capability. They hold their value better than any car I've owned. Easy to sell at a premium price - especially if you take care of it. Spring time brings out the Jeep in everybody and you're guaranteed to have buyers coming out of the woods. All Wranglers currently have the same 285 hp motor, and transmission/transfer case. The only difference is the gearing ratios in the axle and transfer case. Mine has the 3.21 gears and I wish I'd spent a little more for the 3.73 gears. Rubicons (which are way over-priced) have the 4.10 gears and locking differentials which are nice, but definitely not necessary. Shop around for the newest and cheapest Sport model. You'll save thou$and$. Remember, Jeep stands for Just Empty Every Pocket...you'll enjoy customizing your American legend. Keep the rubber side down."

Awesome vehicle!

By on Tuesday, June 17, 2014

"I would recommend this vehicle for anyone that lives in areas of lots of snow fall, also great on the highway as well. I would rate this as the top vehicle to drive with 4 wheel drive, sits up high, very easy to maneuver! I have owned SUV's and cars and really this is the best in weather conditions of all types. Night driving is also good, except with heavy rains which most vehicles are hard to drive in those conditions."

Great for dirt roads, have transmission problems

By on Saturday, June 14, 2014

Pros: "expensive parts, uncomfortable & transmission prob"

Cons: "Great AC, awesome in snow and mud, looks pretty."

"My transmission went out at 119,000 miles. I had the dealership put a rebuilt transmission in and it had selenoid problems less than 30,000 miles later and again 25,000 miles later. I had a lot of issues with the steering wheel and after paying to get it fixed 3 times, a recall came out for the clock-spring to be replaced in the steering wheel. i asked for a refund and got it. Also the inner fender liners were recalled. The seats are not very comfortable.The door harness which has wires in it, broke on both front doors, when the wind caught them. I love my Jeep, but don't know if I want to deal with all these issues again."

Love it so far

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive,big bang for the buck"

Cons: "Gas milage about 16mpg. mostly city driving"

"Ive owned my jeep for two years now. Whenever I park it and walk away I still look back to this day. Thats when you know you really like your jeep. 3.8 motor is powerful enough for me. New interior with soft touch leather is amazing.Jeep has come a long way."

Great car!

By on Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Pros: "Fun, economical, beautiful, rugged. Has character."

Cons: "Back seat hard to get in/out. Interior light poor."

"My Wrangler Sahara is fun and economical compared to the Wrangler Unlimited. Love everything about it but the back seat could be easier to enter and exit. Also, zipping back plastic window back in a little difficult. Overall, such a great car!"