2009 Jeep Wrangler

Based on 741 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Excellent For Snow and Off Road

By on Sunday, September 26, 2010

"I've owned my 2007 Jeep Wrangler since August 2008. This is my first jeep and I absolutely love it. I bought my jeep predominantly for the northern Indiana winters and I couldn't have picked a better vehicle for the snow and ice that we get here. I've had it off road once and it outperformed even some modified jeeps in the mud. Having said that, the gas mileage is what you'd expect for a jeep. I average about 15 around town and 19-20 on the highway. The noise factor isn't a problem since I keep my hard top on year round. The sound system is excellent and I love having the onboard navigation system. I wish Jeep would put some more power in its engines. With the A/C running, it does seem a bit sluggish. Overall, I'm very pleased with my jeep and would own another in a heart beat."

Great WRANGLER

By on Monday, June 08, 2009

"If you're looking for a trail limo, you can have one in the Unlimited 4-door that will go places a Hummer could only dream of, while enjoying top-down, doors off fun in the sun! My fiancee and I got (her) a 2009 Wrangler X, B-package (base). The stock 29" tires are GARBAGE, but we had no intention of keeping them. Swapped in 33" Firestone Destination A/T's, and it made all the difference. Lifted 2.5" via RC coils, and now with an E-locker out back, this truck goes anywhere. For anyone who hasn't driven one, the coil-sprung (TJ, JK) Wranglers are NOTHING like the old leaf-sprung (CJ/YJ) Wranglers! They ride much better, handle better, and take a lot more stupidity to roll. The new JK has good ride/handling characteristics, and the electronic nannies are nice for less able drivers, while being defeatable for off-road. I HIGHLY recommend getting the anti-spin rear differential, or upping to the Rubicon if you plan on going off-road. With a decent set of tires and even just a rear locker, this Jeep goes anywhere with ease. I'd also recommend the 3.73 gears (available separately or in the Trailer Tow Group) for 32" tires that come with all but the base package- otherwise, it's fairly sluggish. In terms of comfort, it's a darn nice Wrangler. But it's still a Wrangler, not an Escalade. If you want leather, heated seats (a dealer-installed option, however), and to be able to hear your cell phone calls at over 20 MPH, get something else. The Wrangler is, as always, about top-down fun, be it on-road or off. The headrests are rock solid, and the seating position isn't great, but it's still a lot better than my old YJ's! I love it so much I'm in the process of trading in my Subaru for another one! Enjoy!"

This car makes me smile!

By on Monday, August 04, 2008

"I am a mom of three little ones and have one car seat, one booster seat and a free sitting child in the back. They have plenty of room, more then in any other SUV like it. I love this car! I have had no mechanical problems and we live with the top down at all times (except in the rain)! Have the hard top too...I see no point in it...but my husband says we'll use it in the winter...what ever! Bought mine used and see no need in a new one, mine is perfect the way it is! Can't wait to attend a Jamboree!"

1st time owner

By on Friday, August 01, 2008

"2007 Wrangler X with S package. Tremendous fun to own. Tow behind motorhome. Minor problems quickly fixed by dealer. Enjoy off road capability. Easy to manuever in town. Modest fuel economy. Recommend three piece hardtop. Sirius radio great away from town."

By on Sunday, July 27, 2008

"I've owned alot of vehicles and alot of jeeps in my lifetime but this one is the absolute best! This jeep gives you the reliablility and excitement of a 4wd jeep but gives me the room I had been lacking with a family. I know, especially these days with gas prices being what they are, that it could give me better gas mileage. But I wouldn't trade it in for all the hybrids and electrics on the road. They'll have to bury me in it. :-)"