2007 Jeep Wrangler

Based on 712 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Love it!

By on Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive - Great resale value - Goes anywhere"

Cons: "Gas mileage - Limited cargo space"

"If you’re thinking about buying a Jeep Wrangler do your research. If you want something that drives and rides like a Cadillac then buy the Cadillac not a Wrangler. I have a 2010 Rubicon 2 door hardtop with 4100 miles and have never taken in for repairs. It will get me where ever I want to go (and back) no matter what type of weather or terrain. This is not a car you would buy if you’re concerned about gas mileage or interior space. If you want something fun to drive and will get you anywhere you want to go then definitely look into a Jeep Wrangler."

My First Car

By on Monday, May 26, 2014

Pros: "fun, spacious, easy to drive, good looking"

Cons: "gas mileage"

motayami

"I got the 2013 Jeep Wrangler Sahara used with 3965 give or take. it was pretty expensive according to my dad when he was lecturing me on being safe. anyways its a great car gas is a little bad but i like it so do my friends, the only thing it needs is regular oil changes and otherwise i just drive it. its super fun to drive tool!"

motayami

Love my Wrangler

By on Friday, May 16, 2014

Pros: "Everybody loves my Wrangler"

Cons: "low gas mileage, but the dependablity is worth it!"

"Wranglers arent luxury vehicles. I would get another one in a heart beat. Gas mileage isnt great. I had to take it back several times, 2 recalls and each clamp to the hood broke while driving and each at seperate times. Even so it's been extremely dependable, expecially with the weather in my area. I feel safe in it. Absolutely love having the top off/down. I got both the hard top and the soft top when bought it and glad I did so. The 4door is roomy."

Watch out Jeep quality is just not up to par

By on Saturday, May 03, 2014

Pros: "OFF ROAD CAPABLE"

Cons: "JEEPS HORRENDOUS QUALITY AND CORPORATE GAME PLAYIN"

"Traded 2008 4 door Rubicon with 40k miles. Engine was using a quart of oil every thousand miles. Jeep thinks this acceptable. Maybe in 1969 ? Trade up to 2014 4 door Rubicon. With 1200 miles poping noise heard when turning and over bumps from passenger side. Traced down to separated welds at inside of passenger fender. Dealer will not replace car. Spoke with corporate about dissatisfaction and requested new vehicle. 2004 Grand Cherokee severe transmission problems. 2006 2 door Rubicon,no issues.2007 Commander, successfully sued Chrysler and won over ongoing wind noise issues. BUYER OF JEEP VEHICLES BEWARE THESE STATEMENTS ARE FACTUAL, I HAVE SPENT ALOT OF MONEY WITH JEEP TO BRING YOU THESE TRUTHS, BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

3 years of fun so far!

By on Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Pros: "Fun, easy to drive, strong off road"

Cons: "Mileage, power, exterior part integrity"

"I'm very pleased with my 2011 Wrangler Unlimited. It's painfully slow/underpowered, doesn't stop very well, and gets poor mileage...but it's easy to drive, easy to clean, and is just fun. I look forward to driving it every day, it never gets boring. Aftermarket parts make this car easy to change into whatever you want it to be....daily driver, offroad monster, or something inbetween. I am thinking about a newer model with the more powerful engine and refined transmission. I could also spend $7k and supercharge this one..decisions, decisions."

2007 Jeep-great car despite minor problems

By on Monday, April 21, 2014

Pros: "Customizable, fun to drive, amazing resale value"

Cons: "loud at high speeds, mpg in city, limited room"

"I have had my 2007 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2D (Automatic) for about 2 years and have put about 20,000 miles on it so far. Overall, it is a great car. The extremely customizable, I've made some aftermarket improvements (lift, offroad tires, power programmer)and will continue for years to come. Also just the driving experience surpasses almost any car on the road. There isn't anything better than the top and doors off on a sunny day. I love this Jeep, but I have had some problems along the way in just the 20,000 miles I've had it. Because the 2007 model is the first of the JK generation, it is prone to many small problems that I've experienced in both my car and online research. I have had to replace the shift linkage in my transfer case, the transmission cable for the main shifter, some wobble in the steering wheel, and some other small problems. So overall, I would hands down recommend someone to get a Wrangler, but would advise a 2008 JK or newer to avoid a lot the kinks Jeep has gotten out along the way."

Awesome Jeep for tooling around.

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pros: "Holds it's value extraordinarilly well."

Cons: "Tough for a 5'6" female to climb into."

"My second Wrangler. The full doors are great in the winter, but for summer, half doors would be better. A little difficult to get in as it is higher than the older Wranglers. No room inside for anything but sitting behind the wheel. Still, the Wrangler is for fun-the shore, the mountains, camping or hiking. Getting it muddy and sloppy is what it is made for. Definitely not recommended as an everyday car-can't get in wearing a dress (don't know if a guy is wearing a dress whether it is easier)"

loved this vehicle from day one

By on Thursday, April 03, 2014

Pros: "goes anywhere"

"never anything but oil changes"

Awesome advancements great jeep

By on Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Pros: "Fun,exciting off-road monster"

Cons: "None for what I wanted"

"I had TJ prior to this and had done almost everything possible to it. I bought the 2012 Unlimited and it was like daylight to dark, the new jeeps have amazing power and off road they are equally surprising( nothing extreme) I added a full lift, detachable end links, dual steering stabilizer, exhaust, snorkel, front and rear bumpers. Control arm skid plates, front diff guard, neoprene seat covers, lights etc, too many ad dons to list. BLUF would buy another in a heartbeat, decent ride on the highway and also decent gas mileage compared to the old jeeps. If your looking for a Cadillac ride and interior comforts this is not your vehicle however if you like the outdoors and having the wind in your hair with a feeling of freedom, Jeep Wrangler is the way to go!!!"

Almost perfect

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

Pros: "ENdless versatility"

Cons: "Very thirsty, poor mileage"

"I own a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport. I have owned it for almost a year. PROS: Endless versatility, can go just about anywhere as is, Very comfortable ride, plenty of room for cargo, Lots of power. CONS: Gas hog (18 mpg on freeway), you have to gun it to pass slower traffic (torqie), heavy rooftop, need at least 2 people to remove. back seat sits too straight (common complaint from most passengers, noisy cockpit. SUMMARY: I kept my pros and cons short but overall I love it. I have never had more fun in a vehicle that I didn't have to alter myself. I recommend everyone own a Jeep at some point in their lives."

It's a Jeep

By on Saturday, March 29, 2014

Pros: "Looks, fun to drive, and not a status symbol."

Cons: "Noisy, a little rough, and not great mileage."

2011 sahara tan Wrangler with after market wheels...

"I love the look and "fun to drive" aspects of the Jeep Wrangler. Nothing on the road can match the rugged look and utility of a Jeep. It is not a "class" vehicle, meaning you are not projecting a status of any kind when driving a Jeep. You can be rich, poor, or anywhere in between, and if you want a Wrangler, you have one. I appreciate that about a Jeep. Bought new in 2011, removed all of the factory applied decals (Wrangler Sport, etc). There is no need to have these. Everyone knows you have a Jeep. Placed some after market wheels and black accents throughout. It looks great, and is personalized as mine. So far, not one issue!"

2011 sahara tan Wrangler with after market wheels...

Wrangler 4 door Sport FUNFUNFUN

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pros: "Great ride, fun in the sun and snow!!"

Cons: "Why did they get rid of the old straight 6"

"This is our 3rd Wrangler, (first 4dr) and cant say enough about how improved this Jeep is. The longer wheelbase makes for a great ride, and handles very well. This one is used around town mostly. Not happy about getting rid of the bullet proof straight 6, they sure didnt improve the MPG!!! But if you want to have a fun convertible, and the most reliable 4WD for bad weather then this is the APV(all purpose vehicle) for you! Have the 3 piece hard top and safari soft top, both easy on and off. Have even used this jeep to tow the 3700lb boat, and it does so with ease, yes i know its only rated for 3500, i'm just saying. Regular maintenance always done, no major problems in 40k miles. If we get rid of this Red Jeep it will only be to get one in another color, the wife likes yellow. haha"

Off road beast

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pros: "Off-road capability, fun to drive, convertible"

Cons: "Fuel inefficiency , wind noise"

"The vehicle is fun to drive. It meets and exceeds my expectations. In the region of Fort a Drum, NY, harsh winters are a common occurrence and the Jeep Wrangler has become the official vehicle for those that live or work here."

a looker, poor build quality, improved powertrain

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pros: "attention getter, fun to drive"

Cons: "noisy, loose"

"very capable vehicle with a great history and great looks. but, extremely noisy, squeaky, loose fitting joints, wind noise, road noise, loose suspension, excellent re-engineered engine/transmission. love the looks and capability; hate the noise and looseness"

Its a jeep,

By on Sunday, March 09, 2014

Pros: "GREAT visibility out all the windows."

Cons: "MPG, chrysler quality"

"BLUF: One thing all the professional reviewers have dead wrong is the visibility out of the ting. I imagine, if you're a once in a while car reviewer, you might get hung up on perceptions. Start looking for blind spots, rather than just seeing if you can't see well when in use. I own several cars and have owned many more in the last 5-10 years. From 2 door sports cars to 4 door wagons and pickups. The jeep has BY FAR, the best visibility. I can see out every window. In most of my cars, I can only see out of the front 2 on the passenger side and rear as well as driver's front. In this car i can turn my head and see everything. The rear tire sticks a few inches into the rear window, not covering it mostly. Sure if you were backing up a hill, it would be hard to see the ground, but that's the same with a hatchback or sports car as well. As well the same as every other SUV out there. The Jeep has the added advantage of having the rear tire being the farthest protruding part of the vehicle. So not only do you have a rubber bumper (though don't use it like that) but you can see where the back of your car is. What it lacks in high rear visibility cutoff, it makes up in point of view angles for the other 3 sides. TLDR, the visibility is better than any other car I've driven in the last 10 years. It may have a blind spot right behind the spare tire, but all cars have blind spots when right behind them and below the window. BLUF: One thing all the professional reviewers have dead wrong is the visibility out of the ting. I imagine, if you're a once in a while car reviewer, you might get hung up on perceptions. I own several cars. From 2 door sports cars to 4 door wagons and pickups. The jeep has BY FAR, the best visibility. I can see out every window. In most of my cars, I can only see out of the front 2 on the passenger side and rear as well as driver's front. In this car i can turn my head and see everything. The rear tire sticks a few inches into the rear window, not covering it mostly. Sure if you were backing up a hill, it would be hard to see the ground, but that's the same with a hatchback or sports car as well. As well the same as every other SUV out there. The Jeep has the added advantage of having the rear tire being the farthest protruding part of the vehicle. So not only do you have a rubber bumper (though don't use it like that) but you can see where the back of your car is. TLDR, the visibility is better than any other car I've driven in the last 10 years. It may have a blind spot right behind the spare tire, but all cars have blind spots when right behind them and below the window. Nothing too surprising with the JK unlimited Rubicon. It's still a Chrysler, so it still feels a little outdated. The interior has been updated from the previous garbage that all chryslers were sporting a few years ago. Nothing over the top, more like modern american made toyota quality. The flat body panels don't offer much rigidity. The door handles flex when you pull on them. The fender flares wobble around a bit, but not bad. Unlike what they showed on a motorweek review about the rear tire carrier flexing, they don't actually do that. You'd break the tire carrier before flexing the door. Its still an american car, so it has some creaks and rattles from new. Other than that, probably the first jeep that actually was drivable by anyone. My previous jeeps, even Cherokees, were rough, shoddily made, and so uncomfortable they required "jeeping" to be a life style, not simply a drive. The new jk is comfortable and refined. The mileage is typcial Chrysler again. If it had a GM drive train in it it would probably be capable of mid 25mpg, but even driving like the hypermiler I am, I can't get 20mpg (rubicon is worse than most due to tires and gears). Neat thing is, I can finally own a jeep and drive my family in it. Its edged its way into real car territory. I always loved my old, uncomfortable, unreliable jeeps in the past, but I couldn't bribe people into riding with me. Too hot, too cold, too bumpy, too cramped, too loud, to dangerous. This one is close enough to any other SUV. One thing it is lacking is the ability to corner. Solid axles and off road suspension mean it really likes to pitch over on the off ramps. IT doesn't skid or lift wheels, but combined with chrysler seats offering no support (might as well be sitting on a bean bag) you won't feel confident driving it at speed in curves. Which is just as well, as the steering is geared more for slow maneuvering than sporty response."

Best wrangler to date.

By on Saturday, March 08, 2014

"This is my 5th wrangler. No doubt the best one yet. The 285 hp pentastar mated to a six speed manual is simply outstanding! Off-road capability is of the chart as one would expect, but it's the improvements on road that put this wrangler over the top."

Good utility vehicle.

By on Saturday, March 01, 2014

Pros: "Great for towing behind a motorhome, off-roading,"

Cons: "Not as plush, quiet, or smooth riding as a sedan"

"My jeep wrangler has been everything I expected. I do a lot of off-roading with a club, I tow it behind my motorhome about 5,000 miles each year, and use it daily in town. All of my friends who own one would probably purchase them again--they all do some off-roading and several also use them as a tow vehicle behind their motorhome. My second car is a Jeep Grand Cheroke which I also like."

Awesome Jeep I love it!

By on Monday, February 24, 2014

Pros: "great in sand or snow, fun to drive, felt safe in"

Cons: "seats in back are uncomfortable for long trips"

"Its great for driving on the beaches, top is convertible 3 different ways which is awesome, for the money I paid for it though with all the options its still was worth it. Don't get the xyilion pkg though it is not worth it for five thousand they do not cover everything the dealership says it does. Overall though I have had no problems with it and I traveled from Florida to Pennsylvania in it. Its great on mileage as far as highway goes and if driving locally I get around 22mpg., despite what mfg.sticker says."

Amazing Quality, Great Value, Convertible, Jeep!

By on Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Pros: "removable seats, convertible, capable, chicks dig"

Cons: "nothing. If you don't like it buy a Honda"

"This is the best SUV you can get for the money. The Pentastar V6 has almost 300hp and has power on demand. I got the 6 speed manual and I love how it shifts smoothly through the gears. The beauty is that is still a true Jeep. It is a brute frame on convertible mountain scaling machine. I got the Sport because I have plans to build the jeep I want. I love that the accessories are inexpensive and endless. Love my JK Jeep. The only thing in the world I would trade for is another Jeep."

Over priced for what it is

By on Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Pros: "Great off road"

Cons: "Over priced!! poor craftmanship"

"First off it is way over priced for what you get in return for your dollar. Very poor performance up until 2012 model. Transmission shifting is sloppy at best. Has quirky electronic/electrical issues, example and this has happened 3 times to myself not to mention to the wife. Start up hit the button to roll windows down and only one goes down, or neither go down. Shut off engine start it back up and everything works as it should. Another issue with electronics is, start up and it will idle like it's got a miss or idles really rough, hit the gas and it will do nothing, no increase in rpm and same rough idle. Again shut it off and restart works fine for months!! The absolute worst part is the finish, you can't tell me after all the years these have been made they can not find a paint to paint the screws on the hood, doors and hinges that does not corrode ?? Mine started to show signs of corrosion only after the first year. Dealership said hmm nothing we can do about it, seriously? AS soon as this thing is paid off it's going down the road, this is the third JEEP I have owned but first Wrangler and never again. They might be for off-roading but for that I would get one from the 70's that didn't cost $25,000 and show rust only after the first year. If I were to put a price on a brand new one realistically it's worth about $12 to $15,000 not 25 to 30K."

Wrangler Rocks

By on Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Pros: "Drop the top and Go."

Cons: "Carpet is horrible."

"I had an 08 Wrangler and traded it for a 12 JKU(nlimited). I love the 4 doors and the ride is so much better with the extra length. Last week we had ice with snow on top in Georgia and I went wherever I wanted to, with no sweat. This on standard tires. The Wrangler keeps getting better, now my wife wants a Cherokee Trailhawk. The Wrangler makes a great convertible for summer drives in the mountains. I have had 1 service issue, this being the center console tray, which was my fault. 26 months ownership. Love it."

Wrangler Unlimited X - Love it, love it, love it!

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Pros: "Sooo dependable, comfortable, and fun too."

Cons: "Not the best gas mileage, but I knew that already."

With the Soft Top, I have the Hard Top too.

"This is my first Jeep. I always wanted one, but was afraid of the notoriously stiff - buckboard - ride. This is a dream. Rides better than my husbands Chevy Silverado... smooth. Some people say it isn't "really" a Jeep, tell me that when I'm off roading. Whoopee... I go where ever I want, and know I'm going to get back home, my husband loves that. Great stereo - Heater/AC is powerful - using the hard top now, back glass washer/wiper sure is handy - hauls my grown sons, groceries, and my lawnmower to the repair shop with ease. Just love this baby."

With the Soft Top, I have the Hard Top too.

only think I don't like is the gas milage.

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

"This is my 5th Wrangler. Only one with auto trans,prefer manual.added Bola dual exhaust and a K&N filter charger. Better gas milage as long as you don't get on it. Will probably get another one.once you drive one for awhile just don't want anything else"

Wouldn't trade my Wrangler for anything.

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

"Great vehicle. It is truly my favorite automobile that I've ever owned. Yes, it's a 2 door and it's a pain to get in and out of the back! But how often do I have to do that? Not often. I love the way it handles, especially the turning radius. I have the Sahara, and it is surprisingly quiet on the freeway. It only averages about 17-18 miles per gallon, and some folks don't like that. It's just a great looking Wrangler, too, in white."

ready to sell

By on Wednesday, January 15, 2014

"36 inch tires and a 3 and a half inch lift kit black with aluminum rims that are black and brushed. new updated radio. came loaded speakers in roll bar. only used once off road and that was to the vineyard."