2006 Jeep Wrangler

Based on 1243 Ratings for the 1997 - 2006 models.

Took a beating

By on Friday, August 17, 2012

Pros: "comfy-go-anywhere. It's a Jeep!!"

Cons: "roughish ride, lots of road noise"

"I drove my 2001 jeep from Montana to Wis. enough times to put 116000 miles on it and I haven't had to fix anything! And that's down to the floor with my poor 4 cylinder almost the whole way. Talk about tough!!!!!"

Most reliable car I have owned

By on Monday, October 3, 2011

Pros: "grat price, manuvering is great"

Cons: "tight in the inside, could use more room"

"Did not realize how reliable this vehicle was going to be when I purchased it in 2000. I get 17 to 18 miles to a gal. of gas. I put oversized tires, and new alloy wheels. I make sure I keep up with the maintainance, and it has never left me on foot. The best thing about this vehicle is the timing chain, if I had a timing belt this car would be dead today. I have 235, 000 miles and the car purrs loke a kitten. 5 speakers surround the car. Awesome music sound. The best car I have owned, I would recommend it to any one."

Unbelievable Value

By on Wednesday, December 30, 2009

"Bought used from a dealer 2 years ago. High book was 12 grand. I offerred $8200 out the door over the phone.(nevada has a 7&3/8% sales tax). Dealer said come on down with a check for the $8200- best deal I've ever made on a vehicle. It high books for $8815 right now. It had 120000 miles on it when I bought it (2 years ago) and has 140000 now. The only thing I've put into it besides gas is 4 lube & oil changes, a new set of skins, and an $85 battery. No leaks,no drips,no problems. Uses no oil between changes ( every 4 or 5000 miles. )"

Nothing better!!

By on Tuesday, November 17, 2009

"I bought my '97 Wrangler Sahara used in 2002 with 49K miles on it. It's Nov. 2009 now and it has 216K miles. I've driven it to Florida and back from Las Vegas. The only things repaired: new radiator, alternator, clutch, and plug wires. The AC stills blows as cold as the day I got it. By far the best vehicle I've ever owned. Looking forward to 300K."

fun vehicle

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"I bought my 99 wrangler about 4 years ago with about 35k miles on it. I now have a little over 76k. I've given it a 2" spacer lift and upgraded my tires and wheel package to oversized mud tires. Its been off road numerous times. I've played in the mud as well as done some rock crawling with it. Needless to say I driven it pretty hard and the only mechanical problems I've had other then routine maintenance were a bad alternator and the exhaust header sprung a leak. If your looking for an everyday vehicle to drive to work and run errands, buy a mini van. If you want something that performs well off road, is fun(not comfortable) to drive and versatile, then get a wrangler."

I love my 04 jeep wrangler rubicon

By on Monday, June 9, 2014

Pros: "Goes where other 4x4s fear to go"

Cons: "GAS MILAGE 16-17 city 20-22 highway"

"I purchased this vehicle used... It is by far the best vehicle i've ever owned. I do not do much offroading BUT if i wanted/needed to it would take me where I want to go. I've been asked than in the south why do you need 4 wheel drive.MY answer is always the same I'd rather have 4 wheel drive and not need it than to NEED IT and not have it. Yes it rides a little rougher than a car and it takes more gas to go somewhere BUT its built to take on almost anything and bring you out the other side. IT IS A GO ANYWHERE DO ANYTHING MACHINE."

Good, Solid Car :)

By on Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pros: "Few breaks, Very Reliable, CHEAP PARTS"

Cons: "Alot of Plastic, MPG, Cheap Materials :/"

"As you can tell, I've driven my Jeep for quite some time and I Love It. My family is full of Auto Mechanics (Including myself) and there are things to do to fix some of those nasty gas mileage issues. I Love the prices for Jeep parts, Very Cheap. Try and buy a Jeep with a hardtop, Whether you want one now does not matter, helps for resale and Just In Case!"

Definitely the best truck ever

By on Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pros: "Fun Jeep to drive"

Cons: "ride is alittle rough"

"If you dont mind the rough ride this jeep is a dream! I have owned 5 Wranglers and I wouldn't own anything else!!! I'm a Jeep girl had Grand Cherokees as well and by far the Wrangler is the best for reliability and fun enough said!"

Best Vehicle Ever Owned

By on Sunday, November 6, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, lift and be apart of the community"

Cons: "Leaks"

"I absolutely love my Jeep Wrangler. This is my second one owned, only because I was stupid in selling my first one. They are a blast to drive and modifications are endless. They are extremely reliable cars and have never put me on the side of the road. Pro's-No matter hard or soft top, they can always turn into a convertible. It looks awesome lifted. You get to wave to the jeep owners. If anything ever goes wrong, its super cheap to fix. They hold their value. Con's- They do leak: in many spots. But nothing weather stripping cant fix."

I love my Jeep

By on Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Pros: "go anywhere, fun for summer and winter"

Cons: "road noise, gas mileage, interior room"

"I have had this jeep since 2005, bought it with 70K miles on it, and now closing in on 169k. Last winter was hit HARD with snow and I ran through everything that came down. There is not much room for much of anything in it, but this is the perfect, fun vehicle for summer or winter-take the top down and doors on in summer, throw it in 4 wheel high in the winter. But lately I notice that if I dont drive it for like 5-6 days, I find anti-freeze in the garage, seems like the seals may shrink. But I replaced the radiator at about 110K, along with the water pump. Then did the power steering pump about a year later. All were pretty easy to do all by myself. Poor gas mileage, so if you are looking at the 4 cylinder vs the 6, get the 6 cause the mileage is about the same, and you dont have to downshift up hills! But I have gotten more than my money worth it!"