2002 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews

My Jeep Saved my life

By on Wednesday, February 10, 2010

"I have had my Jeep Wrangler Sahara for 2 years it is lifted and has 33 inch tires. I have a significant amount of other mods. My jeep gets me everywhere i want to go and has been more reliable than any Toyota on the road today. It has 12400 miles on it. Two days ago I was coming home from a trip snowboarding. I was on a strait away traveling at about 45mph We came up on a ridge when we got hit by a wind gust and then it a patch of black ice. We were moving almost sideways, we crossed the other lane and slammed into the ditch we then became airborne while rolling forward. We were airborne for about 20 ft we then landed on the roof and then rolled over side ways back onto the wheels. When we came to a stop the Engine was still running and the music was still blasting. I shut her down and then got out the passenger side due to the driver door being tweaked. My face was bleeding due to my head breaking the riverside window. The soft top was still intact and on but the rear vinyl window was busted out by all of our equipment whach was all over the field we landed in. Neither my friend not I obtained any major injuries i was just shook up and scraped up and he was just shook up. Now seeing the Jeep in daylight the damage was minimal from what i expected. The front left fender was crushed, the windshield frame was bent and the windshield was broke, the coil spring from the right rear wheel poped out, the soft top was torn and various other little things. My big suprise was when I checked the roll cage it was perfect 100% square, the frame is strait, the engine still runs, the radiator does not leak even thought its bent in half. I am going to rebuild her to better than she was. My friend who was in the jeep with me is a devout Toyota fan told me that there is no other vehicle he would rather roll in. He now wants a Jeep Wrangler. The fact is any other vehicles roof would have crumpled on us and possibly killed us. Jeeps are built like a protective box. You sit into the body tub, you have roll cage above you and a front end that is made of Steele not that plastic junk that is thrown on every other car. My Jeep saved my life because and vehicle can hit black ice but only a Wrangler can hit it roll twice in two directions and have the driver and passenger come out virtually unharmed and most importantly alive. Thank you to all the Engineers who designed my TJ and to all the line workers who built her."

It's a Jeep Thing

By on Wednesday, September 05, 2007

"This is the 6th Jeep and 3rd Wrangler I've owned. You cannot compare the Wrangler styling to any other vehicle. There seems to be an unlimited supply of aftermarket parts whether you're the hardcore off-roader or simply want "better" sound and looks. One can really customize their Wrangler however they want or leave it stock- either way, it's YOUR Jeep. Replacement parts, if necessary, are inexpensive. I've had the 6 cylinder and presently have the 4-cylinder. I prefer the 6 but the 4 is nothing to complain about. The Wrangler is rugged and stylish yet perfect for a decent summer ride with the top down. I will never buy a hard top again however. 2 out of the 3 hard tops I've owned were just stored throughout the entire time I've owned the Wranglers. They're somewhat difficult to put on and I personally find them unnecessary since this is my second car. I would highly recommend the Wrangler as a fun vehicle. If you're looking for a luxury vehicle then the Wrangler is not for you."

great reliable vehicle

By on Monday, August 26, 2013

Pros: "good power, off road capabilties, resale value"

Cons: "rollover risk, rough ride, small interior"

"This is my second Jeep. I love this vehicle. The TJ Wrangler with the 4.0 has plenty of power and torque and they last a long time. The ride is a little rough but it is expected with the short wheel base. The Jeep handles extremely well on gravel roads. The TJ wrangler are extremely capable off road. I wouldn't recommend this vehicle for a new driver because of the short wheel base. Jeeps hold there value better then most vehicles which is a huge plus $$$$. Overall the wrangler is a very reliable and great vehicle."

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo....

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted

See if you qualify for