2002 Jeep Wrangler

Based on 1224 Ratings for the 1997 - 2006 models.

My favorit Jeep yet.

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Pros: "excellent resale, convertible, go-anywhere"

Cons: "not a commuter vehicle, needs a marine radio"

"I have owned about 15 Jeeps from year model 1947 to 2005. My current 05 Rubicon is by far the best and most capable. I purchased it used with about 5000 dollars worth of modifications. I love the venerable old inline 6 motor, I wish they hadn't stopped making them. The Jeep gets a lot of attention and the Rubicon package along with aftermarket components makes for a truly 'go anwhere' vehicle that one can feel confident while driving. The modern soft tops are great compared to the old days. Having a 6 speed manual coupled with 4.10 gears for the 36" tires is a perfect combination on the road and when in low range (4-1 transfer case helps there). Mileage is not bad for a massive lift and tires, about 17 mpg (I do not drive more than 65 mph, though, Jeeps are not aerodynamic). Big Jeeps and Rubicons are not for everyone. They require driver attention and knowledge of their unique handling. They are not Cadillacs. They are a vehicle you can still work on yourself and the less frills, the less trouble you will have in the long run. I may have to get a four door one day, though, just for comparison."

2005 Jeep Wrangler

By on Saturday, February 14, 2009

"I bought it used and had it a few months , 4.0 straight six -six speed, Engine is very torquey , It rides fine and it is easy to drive and park and it goes through snow very nicely, I like the ride height you can see ahead easily and the seat is comfortable and gives good support so far i'm happy with it, I'll keep posting later down the line."

Love vehicle

By on Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Pros: "The jeep itself"

"Vehicle is very practical, and dependable. Its great fun for the summer and winter."

Took a beating

By on Friday, August 17, 2012

Pros: "comfy-go-anywhere. It's a Jeep!!"

Cons: "roughish ride, lots of road noise"

"I drove my 2001 jeep from Montana to Wis. enough times to put 116000 miles on it and I haven't had to fix anything! And that's down to the floor with my poor 4 cylinder almost the whole way. Talk about tough!!!!!"

Most reliable car I have owned

By on Monday, October 03, 2011

Pros: "grat price, manuvering is great"

Cons: "tight in the inside, could use more room"

"Did not realize how reliable this vehicle was going to be when I purchased it in 2000. I get 17 to 18 miles to a gal. of gas. I put oversized tires, and new alloy wheels. I make sure I keep up with the maintainance, and it has never left me on foot. The best thing about this vehicle is the timing chain, if I had a timing belt this car would be dead today. I have 235, 000 miles and the car purrs loke a kitten. 5 speakers surround the car. Awesome music sound. The best car I have owned, I would recommend it to any one."