2002 Jeep Wrangler

Based on 1182 Ratings for the 1997 - 2006 models.

lots of fun, second one I owned

By on Friday, May 16, 2014

Pros: "great to drive"

Cons: "low gears--- low gas mileage"

"great vehicle except the low gas mileage. It Always gets me home (I live on a dirt road over a hill) in the winter. Lots of fun, I like taking the top and doors off in the summer. I've crashed a motorcycle into a drunk driver, with the jeep-- I have seat belts, air bags 4 tires, a stout bumper and feel much safer for when the next drunk hits me. The wrangler is a spin off from the military jeep and a good tribute to a vehicle that served our military well."

Great solid rig

By on Sunday, April 20, 2014

Pros: "Rock solid, fun, easy to maintain"

Cons: "Jerky suspension."

"Over all I love the Jeep. I have had almost no problems mechanically with just routine maintenance performed. Of course I also run Amsoil Signature fluids in the engine, tranny, and frond and rear diff. I think that if you run this rig with the correct fluids it will not just not let you down but it will run to the end of the trail and then some. My one complaint is that I wish it had Bluetooth integrated with a prompt on the steering wheel."

TJ for me

By on Saturday, April 19, 2014

Pros: "Low gears, air lockers, cast iron straight 6."

Cons: "Should have bought 2."

"I absolutely love this Jeep, and very happy I got the Rubicon Edition. The newer model JK has no appeal to me with a V6 since I actually use mine off road from time to time. You just can't replace the low end torque, slowly creeping up a tough hill, with an aluminum block mini van engine. I held on to my 89 YJ up to the point Jeep rumored fundamentally changing the Wrangler, and 2005 finally offered a 6 speed manual. The 05/06 Rubicon is the holy grail of the Wrangler and I have one in khaki, hard & soft top, lift, wench, etc.."

Glad I bought this Jeep

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

Pros: "Price was right; very much fun to drive."

Cons: "No locking console (but glove box is lockable)"

"This is our first Jeep, and have no regrets getting it. We bought it brand new. It does what it's supposed to do, and has never let us down. About the only inconvenience that comes to mind is the lack of a locking console between the front seats, but that can be taken care of with aftermarket products. Its 4WD system is of the outstanding quality you can expect of Jeep from the early 2000s; the only time we got stuck in moderately-deep wet snow was due to having plain old street tires on it at the time. It's practical (to a point; you can't load Everything into it), and it's quite fun off-road and as an open vehicle on pleasant weather days."

Glad I bought this Jeep

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

Pros: "Price was right; very much fun to drive."

Cons: "No locking console (but glove box is lockable)"