2001 Jeep Wrangler

Based on 1180 Ratings for the 1997 - 2006 models.

Great Vehicle!

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

Pros: "Bulletproof Reliability, All-Terrain Champion"

Cons: "They stopped making the TJ in 2006"

"I couldn't be happier with my 2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. When Jeep announced that 2006 would be the last year of this TJ model, I decided to make the move and purchase a brand new one before they were gone. I'm so glad I did. The 2006 TJ models were the last ones to get Jeep's inline 6-cylinder engine which has great low-end torque and has had bulletproof reliability. This engine coupled with the Rubicon's 6-speed manual transmission and part-time 4x4 drivetrain gives you the ability to handle everything from the roughest off-road terrain you can find to cruising comfortably down the freeway at 75 mph. Truly an all-terrain vehicle. Living in Minnesota, where the temperature can vary range from -30 degrees in the winter to 100+ degrees in the summer, I've been able to put my 2006 TJ Rubicon through a wide range of temperatures and on-road and off-road conditions including snow, sleet, ice, slush, mud, rocks, sand, dirt, and whatever else I could find. The TJ performed flawlessly. After 8 years and 120,000 miles it still performs like new and I look forward to the next 120,000 miles in it. The only maintenance I have had to do has been the scheduled oil changes and replace the tires so the cost of ownership has been very reasonable. I wish jeep was still making the TJ model, but since they aren't, look for a good used one to purchase before it's too late. You won't be sorry."

Great Vehicle!

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

Pros: "Bulletproof Reliability, All-Terrain Champion"

Cons: "They stopped making the TJ in 2006"

2000 Jeep with great body!

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, rugged, easy maintenance, reliable"

Cons: "not a family car"

"2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ, 4WD, Chili Pepper Special Edition in great body condition. Manual transmission. Color: burgundy/red (chili pepper red). Needs some minor cosmetic work. Engine and power train is in good condition. Lots of chrome! Chrome tube running boards, back bumper and front bumper. Upgraded stereo with DVD player, bluetooth and neon lighting. Custom alloy wheels from Jeep to include spare (mounted on back). Vinyl top and doors just replaced Dec 2013. Has back bench seat and towing package. 180,000 approximate miles. Only 1 owner - I bought it new. I hate to let it go but I need a family vehicle. All offers will be considered but SERIOUS OFFERS ONLY. Please NO SPAM OR SOLICITATION!"

2000 Jeep with great body!

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, rugged, easy maintenance, reliable"

Cons: "not a family car"

Great for the outdoors person, convenient in town.

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

"This vehicle is great for the outdoors person. Never had a mechanical issue yet, when in the woods this is a big problem of course. Even in town this vehicle is very convenient, especially when finding parking. It is small for the tiny parking spots and the turning is very handy as well. Great vehicle except for the comfort level. Once you drive this vehicle you will not notice how uncomfortable it is until you get back into another vehicle."

See if you qualify for