1999 Jeep Wrangler

Based on 1221 Ratings for the 1997 - 2006 models.

This Jeep ROCKS!

By on Sunday, March 29, 2009

"My Baby Jeep is stock model, without any modification of any kind. I have been off-roading with my friends, watching their SUVs struggling to get though with damages. I was impressed how my baby Jeep handles off-roading. Despite the gas economy, I don't have any regrets! My Jeep isn't as roomy as I'd like to be, but it is worth all the fun! Finally this is not going to be my last Jeep."

By on Saturday, March 07, 2009

"Very fun on and off road. Very versatile vehicle"

love it

By on Thursday, February 19, 2009

"this vehicle was built for me everything is perfect except for room but that is the sacrifice you have to make to be able to fit in anywhere you want to in the woods 5 year 89000 hard miles and only 79.00 worth of repairs very few vehicles could put up with my abuse and do that"

If you like Jeeps...

By on Monday, February 02, 2009

"This is just a blast to drive. You give up comfort and quietness, but you gain interior space, open air in good weather, attachment to the vehicle and road as you simply can't just let the vehicle drive itself, freedom to let the vehicle get a little dirty and the ability to go just about anywhere anytime. The low gear 4wd allows you plenty of power to tow or climb even with the tiny 4cyl. Great for all ages too!"

06wranglersport

By on Thursday, January 22, 2009

"im 19 and my friend got a jeep 2 years ago and he loves it...it came time to get me a car to replace my 97 4runner...i chose a jeep...it took me forever to find one but when i found this 06 wrangler sport with 32,900 miles on it...i loved it..bought it for 4,000 less than what it was worth(was worth about 18,700). I love it..I love the noisiness..i love the stiffness the power of the small inline six..dont care bout the mileage..the ladies love it..i recommend this to anyone who wants to have fun just driving to work..plus...all other jeeps acknowledge you..they throw up a duece or wave when they see you in your jeep..."its a jeep thing" u dont see that done with 4runners or any other SUV...BUY ONE not the new ones tho...the new Jeep wranglers have underpowerd minivan engines...OH YEA..this jeep gets out of anything..i mean it"

By on Friday, December 12, 2008

"i Love my jeep , think LEGO ... i got into an accident and then took off the front bumper and fender and replaced in half a day. new paint and good to go. goes anywhere does anything and always moves forward, (unless your in reverse) really a jeep is a giant moterized LEGO kit for adults ."

Life's A Jeep!!!

By on Monday, November 17, 2008

"I've owned my '03 Wrangler Sport since Oct. of '05. It's powered by the 4.0 in-line 6-cylinder w/ the nv3550 5-spd manual (avoid the auto). Since then it's been on the receiving end of a Pro Comp-4" lift w/ the slip yoke eliminator kit, riding on 35's (Good Year Wrangler MT/Rs) and 4.88 gears. Absolutely love my Jeep and everything about it. Except the lack of range(shy of 250 hwy miles on little over 15 gallons). It's my daily driver and has taken me to the middle of no-where and back everytime. Great little rig for practically anything you can throw at it. Very nimble, power is great (purpose built for low rpm w/ lots of trq.) And the chairs have come a long way since the days of the YJ's. 4x4 convertible at it's finest. Once you remember that this vehicle is purpose built for going off the beaten path, the road noise and stiff suspension only adds to the mystique of what a Jeep Wrangler really is. A Jeep! Life is Good when you're in a jeep."

First in class, always

By on Tuesday, July 15, 2008

"I see a lot of reviews, most of them, about how much fun the Jeep is to drive around town. Let me tell you about how it performs on the trail --- can't be beat. The 4:1 gearing coupled with the I6 engine is a perfect match. Mine has the 6 spd standard tranny. I rarely use 6th gear, just on interstate when above 65 mph. I put a 4" lift in it, a winch, 33" tires. I have climbed rocks with it at such an angle the power steering pump had trouble pumping the fluid -- but in 4wheel low range I just gave it a little more gas and got over the obstacle in fine shape. When I disconnect the front sway bars the front axle articulates so well that all four wheels stay on the ground in spots a horse would have trouble walking through. The solid front axel is the most important feature of a Jeep -- other off road vehicles have independent front suspension, which is great for a smoot hiway ride. But in realy rough spots they will typically have a wheel come off the ground. The great articulation of the Jeep improves the capability by not loosing any traction. When going down extremely steep grades I put it in 1st gear low range and the compression lets it just creep down without having to use the brake. This gives the drive extreme control of the vehicle, and that is very important when descending steep grades. When climbing steep grades the Jeep does the same; it has so much low end torque I can just let the clutch out in 1st gear and it will walk up just about anything. In fact, when in 4wh low the Rubicon standard will not stall even when you stand on the brake. I don't do this regularly, but what it does allow is the ability to crawl at ultra-slow speeds to get over and through really tough spots without having any bounce -- you're complete control. I have been in a couple of situations where I used the winch only to ensure I wouldn't flip over backwards. The Jeep climbed a wall under its own power, the winch was just a precaution. I had three passengers, two got out before I did the climb, one stayed in and was completely amazed. The Jeep Wrangler is a very light vehicle, which gives it a lot of advantages. One disadvantage is when in high winds on the hiway. But is has great suspension and steering control, and rides very smooth even with big MTR tires. If you plan to buy a Rubicon stay with the factory rims -- don't let the deep rims and wide tire look fool you. You do get a bigger foot print and it gives you a lot of extra capability, but the standard width of a Wrangler is much narrower than similar size vehicles and wide tires takes that away. I had 12.5 wide mudders on it for a while and went back to the original wheel and 10" wide tires -- it feels like when I get home from work and take off my boots and put my walking shoes on -- much more control. Also the wider tires will diminish your mileage that much more. If you plan to buy a Jeep Wrangler as a daily driver you might be disappointed. It is fun to drive around town, and it looks great. But it is best off road -- it should be driven like it is intended to be used as much as possible. I have not had a single problem, and don't expect I will. Finally, if you do go off road a lot just remember, after the journey you should crawl under the Jeep and check things out, make sure nothing has loosened, look for dings that might turn into problems later (yes the underside of most Jeeps will have dings, nicks, scrapes). the Rubicon has really good factory armor underneath, and there is a ton of after market stuff you can add, but I think it is mostly unnecessary. As long as you learn the vehicles characteristics, width, length, where the tires track, you won't have any problems. Keep the oil, filters, and differential and transfer case fluids changed regularly, like the manual says and the thing will run forever."

Best jeep I have owned

By on Thursday, June 12, 2008

"Can not beat this jeep as a true offroad vehicle. I have owned several jeeps and the Rubicon has been just a truely amazing offroad vehicle. Would never own a base model jeep again."

Great Jeep!!

By on Monday, January 07, 2008

"I have owned this Jeep for three years and it has performed flawlessly. Auto, 4.0 Liter, hardtop, A/C, I have 126K on it now .It gets 17-18 mpg in the city. I have had the 4cyl and 6cyl version and the six is the way to go. It holds an awesome resale vavle as well."

It's A Jeep

By on Thursday, November 01, 2007

"Meant to be driven like one and meant to be dirty. This hot number goes over curbs, medians and medium sized rocks like no other. If you drive this thing over speed bumps like a low rider, you are wasting your money. Go over it at 30mph, big deal, with the shocks it has, why waste it? Mud and Wranglers go hand in hand. Don't shame us REAL Jeep drivers. Jeep has it's ups and downs, price and quality depends on the dealer. The dealer is the only one that can make you satisfied about your car. I have had a few issues, but no major issues yet, but they are bound to happen to most American cars. Just know what type of car YOU are."

best vehicle ever

By on Monday, October 29, 2007

"its just the best vehicle ever!!!! What else is there to say about it? It gets me where I want to go without problem. Its a great rig and I wouldn't trade it for the world."

Jeeps Rock!

By on Tuesday, July 24, 2007

"After a history of owning German and Japanese cars I decided it was time to re-visit a childhood (and later) dream of owning a Jeep. I had been pricing convertibles and once I test drove them all up to the $40K range, I decided the Jeep was for me, not only for the "top-down" feature but also for the off-road and "fun quotient"! A soft-top, it's horribly noisy on the highway and now that I don't have car payments anymore I don't mind too much its 15mph in-town. Part of that mileage may be because I drive it like a sports car -- that's just the way I am! And with no passengers and little weight of its own, this thing has some good pickup. Do just one Jeep Jamboree or go off-road and you, too, will be hooked if you have an adventurious spirit. And because it's easy to hose down, it's a perfect dog car (of course, if you have a lift kit like I do, you may need to give them a boost or provide them a ramp!). Additionally, if you ever have a fender bender and need new body parts, it's VERY inexpensive to replace or customize. I could go on forever but it must all boil down to this: "It's a Jeep Thing...You Might Not Understand!"

Best small vehicle I have ever owned .

By on Monday, May 18, 2015

Pros: "Fun and reliable to drive."

Cons: "You have to add some items but plenty available ."

"I bought this Jeep from a friend who owns a body shop and did some minor repair work to a front fender. I bought the Jeep from a leasing company in about 2008. The leassor left the Jeep and did not return to pick up . Leasing company did not want to pay excessive storage fee and signed over to body shop. I have been driving Jeep to save gas from my Avalanche and Tahoe. Great little car with 6 speed,excellent maneuverability and has never been off road. Can legally park this Jeep where no one else can. I have two soft tops,hard top,five original equipment tires and rims and five 30" tires and rims from a 2007 Jeep that I bought . I also have a carrying cover that holds hard top when it is not in use.I am 68 years old and want to buy a 2014 or newer Nissan Altima to save gas mileage and travel extensively . Again this is a great vehicle for a younger person that would do offroading or any type running around they need to do."

Great beach Car

By on Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Pros: "Fun car to drive."

Cons: "Pain letting people out of back seat."

"Had this car from new. Second car and children drove through college."

A Jeep Lovers Dream

By on Sunday, January 05, 2014

Pros: "Great resale value, fun to drive, easy to upgrade"

Cons: "Loud, Cramped Space, Not a smooth ride"

"This is my second Jeep Wrangler Sport: I have found these jeep engines to be very reliable. Not big mechanical repairs, just regular maintenance. Performs amazing off-road. Basic interior but perfect for off-roading. If you want a comfortable car for long drives with your wife and kids or own a 150 lb dog this is an awful vehicle to own as its loud and has limited space. Also high winds, this vehicle is top heavy. Its loud, its bumpy. Regardless of the negatives its a fun, reliable, awesome car that will take you anywhere and you want to keep forever or re-sell (great resale value) this is the perfect vehicle. A jeep community is its own community. Very easy to upgrade jeep, add awesome features... The skys the limit. Enjoy your jeep."

The 4.0L Engine is unstoppable, my 4th Jeep!

By on Friday, August 02, 2013

Pros: "Fun Car"

Cons: "Bouncy"

Garaged!

"I've had CJ5's and CJ7's but nothing compares, it's a blast to drive."

Garaged!

Jeep Tough

By on Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Pros: "Tough, reliable, off-roading is a blast"

Cons: "No way... best vehicle ever!"

Loving the Jeep

"I have a 2005 Wrangler X with half doors and a soft top. This is the best vehicle ever.... I have owned, and subsequently destroyed/totaled about 8 other vehicles it was not until I bought my Jeep that I finally have a vehicle that is tough enough for my driving. On road, off road, it does not matter to the jeep. It is the perfect vehicle, I use it every day as a commute vehicle and use it as a toy for off-roading trips. I have had a few issues with the wobble after the lift but it is a good toy to fix up and it is fun. If you need storage take out the back seat they have a storage trunk insert, or a roof rack, if you are worried about the handling... well it's a jeep. Worried about the gas mileage... don't jack it up and it's a jeep. LOVE IT!!!!!!"

Loving the Jeep

love it!!

By on Thursday, September 06, 2012

Pros: "4x4 king!"

Cons: "a little cold sometimes"

"wrangler, best rigs i have ever owned"

easy to drive and control

By on Saturday, March 17, 2012

Pros: "Handling is superb."

Cons: "Need Lighted mirrors on both sides"

"My Jeep Wrangler is fun to drive, dependable, easy to park, get in and out of, easy to load and unload. This Jeep has been good to me, and I have owned 5."

If you always wanted a jeep then you will love it.

By on Saturday, January 07, 2012

Pros: "Go anywhere, top off in summer, fun to drive"

Cons: "horrible gas mileage"

"Jeeps have come a long way in the comfort and ride quality departments, however have suffered in overall brute toughness as compared to the jeeps of yesteryear. In my opinion this jeep is a good compromise between offroad worth and comfortable ride and pleasurable driving experience. Many other reviews seem to complain about things like lack of interior refinement, minor road noise, and less than impressive handling and performance. Why were these people even considering a jeep with those requirements in mind? I love everything about it except for the poor fuel mileage, which I knew would not be good. Wish the deisel wrangler was available. That would ice the cake."

Love my Jeep

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

Pros: "Easy to drive; easy to carry everything you need."

Cons: "Poor MPG"

"This is a good solid vehicle that goes anywhere, every time you ask it. The gas milage is the one factor that I can't appreciate at 15 MPG, however I did not buy a Wrangler for the MPG."

It's a Jeep thing!!! :)

By on Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Pros: "Hold their value, peppy, fun to drive!"

Cons: "ummm...can't think of one."

My Jeep in the snow~

"I own a 2003 Jeep Wrangler x ~ I love this Jeep! I have owned Sports cars and bigger 4 wheel drives, but the Jeep Wrangler takes the cake! I drive it in the snow in the winter (just pop it into 4 wheel drive high), and have never been stuck. In the summer I take the top off and we take long drives in the mountains on pavement and off, this jeep is loads of fun and turns on a dime, very cool! You don't drive a jeep? You should!!! I love my Jeep~"

My Jeep in the snow~

You will love it, flaws and all...

By on Tuesday, April 05, 2011

"I have owned my Jeep Wrangler 2006 Golden Eagle for the past 5 years. It is a great great car, and I love it DESPITE all its flaws. Obviously the Jeep Wrangler is not for everyone. If you have kids, for example, it's probably not the best family car. But, if your commute is not too long, and you rarely have more than 1 passenger, I would really recommend getting a Wrangler if you'd been wanting one. I had a lot of reservation before driving off the dealer's lot with mine, but as the years have passed I look back and really am glad I got a Wrangler instead of some "safer" choices. Man, I'd regretted it so much if I'd picked a Camry or an Accord back then. Without further ado, here are the pros and cons. PRO: 1. Awesome style. It is the pound-for-pound best value in term of style for the bucks. My car is 5 years old and people still fawn over it wherever I go. There are not too many cars (except maybe Ferrari or Maserati) that get people excited like the Jeep. I drove into the Audi dealership yesterday to pick up my wife's A4, and all the Audi guys were in love with El Jeepo. They said they had "jeep envy". Yeah, it comes with LOAD of style. 2. Like a ROCK: It is a steel cage. I am never afraid of getting hit because I feel safe. Anyway, the Jeep is so slow that I would never get into an accident anyway. 3. Modifications: Tons of them. 4. Cost of ownership: After 5 years, I have spent less than $1000 total on maintenance. 5. Top down in the summer. Go anywhere in the winter. CONS: 1. Ride is bumpy!!! Do not buy this if you are driving a lot of highway. Seriously! It is not meant for highway driving. 2. Not comfortable. Like, at all. 3. Cheap feel. It does not feel like it's refine. Lots of plastic parts. The rest are steel. 4. Not the most reliable. I know a lot of people would disagree. I think the engine may be very reliable. But there are a lot of cheap GM plastic parts outside the engine. They break. The good news is they are cheap and easy to replace. So yeah.... if you can afford it, it is a great toy/3rd car. Otherwise, get it if you commute is short. And DEFINITE GET IT IF YOU HAVE BEEN WANTING ONE. You will not regret it."

One of the best

By on Wednesday, September 15, 2010

"We have had our Jeep since we bought it new 10 years ago. We love it. It's perfect for us. We definitely recommend it. If you're looking for a quiet, comfortable ride, look elsewhere. We didn't buy it for that."