1999 Jeep Wrangler

Based on 1180 Ratings for the 1997 - 2006 models.

Excellent vehicle

By on Thursday, May 16, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, looks great."

"Was going to keep it many more years, but III am now unsble to drive a manual shift."

Can't Beat a Jeep Wrangler - It's all that!

By on Friday, April 19, 2013

Pros: "Relability, Drivability, Style, Tough, Fun"

Cons: "Small back seat"

"Jeep has been making great vehicles for years. The wrangler is at the top of my list of the greatest ever! The Wrangler has been used by the Military. It's tough, reliable and the inline 6 motor (known as the 4.0) in the wrangler is "bullet proof" according to an engine re-builder I know and many others have the same opinion. He says there are few motors better built as this one. Sad they are no longer using this motor in the new wranglers. Fools! I will always be a wrangler owner. Love them!"

nice jeep

By on Tuesday, April 16, 2013

"Great vehicle to joy ride in."

Fun vehicle to drive in the mud

By on Sunday, April 14, 2013

Pros: "good price"

Cons: "rough ride"

"Great car to drive around on the beach and in the mud. Not the best ride driving around town or on long trips"

Perfect for my lifestyle.

By on Wednesday, April 10, 2013

"I have had nothing but fun and great perfomance with my jeep. I won't buy any thing else."

Great all arround powerful vehicle, get u anywhere

By on Friday, March 15, 2013

Pros: "Power and versatility"

Cons: "Noisy on highway driving, soft top"

"From the road to real off road, this is the vehicle. It's not like the modern "jeep"that has an engine that belongs in a Prius, it really hauls and has the torque to get u up any mountain no matter the conditions. I use it in Snow and Ice as well as dirt and Mud, nothing stops it! And it is completely stock."

Review Wrangler

By on Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Pros: "convertable, cheap insurance"

Cons: "gas mileage, needs repairs"

"Has no Top (complete) has no back seat Clutch in need of repair. Front Wheel well damage Paint scrapes, need repair AC needs repair Fog Lights not working No Horn working"

Love my Jeep

By on Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Pros: "Love it every time I fire it up"

Cons: "Don't sweat the small stuff ."

"Raised it from a pup. You couldn't have any vehicle be more fun. Not a highway cruiser and not real fuel efficient but never a problem in 10 years. Original battery and top. Change the fluids, check the belts and it's ready to rock. A basic vehicle for doing basic things. A classic look. This baby will be in my will to the next generation of family funsters."

If you want a tough jeep this is it!

By on Thursday, November 29, 2012

"Purchased with 4 miles on it. It now has 211,000. 2 water pumps. ORIGINAL CLUTCH still in the transmission. It has been T-boned twice and is now a totally custom sleeper rock crawler, daily driver with 1 tons."

Extremely fun car

By on Saturday, November 17, 2012

Pros: "fun, cheap, excellent in mud, sand, rock or snow"

Cons: "loud, inefficent with mpg"

"Reliable vehicle that kills it off-road. Nothing like bouncing around off road with the top off in the summer! Works as a daily driver as well, but tends to guzzle the gas and isn't the most comfortable highway ride as it can get quite loud with either the soft or hard top."

Great car, but not for everybody

By on Monday, November 12, 2012

Pros: "Very tough, fun to drive, reliable, offroading"

Cons: "Gas guzzler, noisy, very basic design"

"I bought a 2004 Jeep Wrangler SE with the 4 banger brand new in September of 2004 and I love this car. Mechanically, I have replaced the brakes, replaced the tires, had the AC fixed (freon leak), replaced the 02 sensor, and replaced the battery twice...no other mechanical issues. I religously service my vehicle according to the maintenance schedule. I have had issues with the front end shimmy (death wobble), but through research on the internet, got it fixed. The engine is underpowered, especially when you try to get on the highway. You'll love a Wrangler as long as you keep your expectation in check. The car is very tough and designed to go offroad, but there are other vehicles that are better, smoother, and better designed for on road travel. It's a blast to drive because you can take the top down and is pretty reliable as long as you maintain the car. It gets horrible gas mileage (around 21 MPG without AC, around 16 with AC). Good luck!"

It's a Jeep.

By on Saturday, October 20, 2012

Pros: "Dead stupid reliable and cheap to fix."

Cons: "Like being shaken about in a box?"

"Loud, gas guzzling, generally uncomfortable, and a ride akin to sitting on a bag of sharp rocks and being shaken about violently. Awful, and I mean, scary on the highway. The NP231 transfer case lacks a viscous coupling, so it's all but useless for 90% of your winter driving - Though it does shine with good tires and 3-4+ inches of snow on the road, and the heater will burn your hands. That's a good thing, because even with an insulated hard top, it's always drafty inside. And leaks in the rain. If your Jeep doesn't yet, it will someday. Repairs are near constant on the suspension, the evap system, and random small problems - Mine started at 40,000 miles. The windshield needs replacement regularly as it is flat and pits excessively. Plan on replacing your heater fan resistor a few times through the life of the vehicle. Everything will leak before 100k. It's a Chrysler, and built like garbage, and lacks meaningful rustproofing. The interior is spartan, and cramped. Did I mention loud, and all over the road at any speed above 55mph? Now, it sounds like I hate this thing, but that's not the case, the information above is all true. It's a Jeep. It has never, ever broken down and left me stranded somewhere. It will soldier on broken for thousands and thousands of miles. The roof comes off, I don't hate myself for driving it in the winter, and really I never feel bad about anything I do to it. Parts are cheap, readily available, and simple to replace. There's nothing to break for the most part. And it's cool. It's a Jeep! Re: My score of 1 to "Likely to Recommend." If you want a Jeep, you buy one. But most people really don't."

best and toughest vehicle ever owned

By on Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pros: "durable, good looking, sleek and a work horse."

Cons: "rough rider, wabbly after a small lift job"

"this vehicle has over 90,000 miles and never had a major break-down, i have accessorized my vehicle very much and looks like i just bought it from the showroom... very dependable,cost efficient, quick and a work horse, i would not trade it for anything under $ 13,000.00"

Best $700 dollars spent in my life!

By on Thursday, October 11, 2012

Pros: "Awesome price"

"Bought 2002 jeep Wrangler for $700 crashed put $800 in parts and runs like a champ what a great car that is super easy to work on yourself!"

Jeep Tough

By on Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Pros: "Tough, reliable, off-roading is a blast"

Cons: "No way... best vehicle ever!"

Loving the Jeep

"I have a 2005 Wrangler X with half doors and a soft top. This is the best vehicle ever.... I have owned, and subsequently destroyed/totaled about 8 other vehicles it was not until I bought my Jeep that I finally have a vehicle that is tough enough for my driving. On road, off road, it does not matter to the jeep. It is the perfect vehicle, I use it every day as a commute vehicle and use it as a toy for off-roading trips. I have had a few issues with the wobble after the lift but it is a good toy to fix up and it is fun. If you need storage take out the back seat they have a storage trunk insert, or a roof rack, if you are worried about the handling... well it's a jeep. Worried about the gas mileage... don't jack it up and it's a jeep. LOVE IT!!!!!!"

Loving the Jeep

It's a JEEP, what did you expect?

By on Sunday, September 30, 2012

Pros: "Holds its resale value, customizable"

"It's a JEEP. That means that it can do almost ANYTHING and go almost ANYWHERE! Completely stock, you would be AMAZED at where this vehicle can go. My friend's Jeep is completely stock and was climbing hills, crossing streams that other vehicles at the ORV park couldn't go. With just a small lift kit and bigger off-road tires, this vehicle is almost unstoppable. Steep inclines, mud holes, deep snow; this Jeep can take it all. Even though it is small and light, it can tow / pull bigger vehicles out of trouble. The last big snow storm we had, our Jeep must have pulled 50 cars out of snow banks & ditches. The hard top is awesome in the winter. The soft top is awesome anytime. And the fact that you can take off the top and the doors makes this the most awesome ever!"

best vehicle i ever owned

By on Friday, September 14, 2012

"I will tell anyone to buy this vehicle .It is a very reliable car.I was in a accident where the person ran a red light and it took a 50mph impact .I walked away from it very sore but i was ok.the durability was excellent."

love it!!

By on Thursday, September 06, 2012

Pros: "4x4 king!"

Cons: "a little cold sometimes"

"wrangler, best rigs i have ever owned"

Took a beating

By on Friday, August 17, 2012

Pros: "comfy-go-anywhere. It's a Jeep!!"

Cons: "roughish ride, lots of road noise"

"I drove my 2001 jeep from Montana to Wis. enough times to put 116000 miles on it and I haven't had to fix anything! And that's down to the floor with my poor 4 cylinder almost the whole way. Talk about tough!!!!!"

My favorit Jeep yet.

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Pros: "excellent resale, convertible, go-anywhere"

Cons: "not a commuter vehicle, needs a marine radio"

"I have owned about 15 Jeeps from year model 1947 to 2005. My current 05 Rubicon is by far the best and most capable. I purchased it used with about 5000 dollars worth of modifications. I love the venerable old inline 6 motor, I wish they hadn't stopped making them. The Jeep gets a lot of attention and the Rubicon package along with aftermarket components makes for a truly 'go anwhere' vehicle that one can feel confident while driving. The modern soft tops are great compared to the old days. Having a 6 speed manual coupled with 4.10 gears for the 36" tires is a perfect combination on the road and when in low range (4-1 transfer case helps there). Mileage is not bad for a massive lift and tires, about 17 mpg (I do not drive more than 65 mph, though, Jeeps are not aerodynamic). Big Jeeps and Rubicons are not for everyone. They require driver attention and knowledge of their unique handling. They are not Cadillacs. They are a vehicle you can still work on yourself and the less frills, the less trouble you will have in the long run. I may have to get a four door one day, though, just for comparison."

Wow, Black, hardtop and chrome package

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pros: "Wife loves to drive it too!"

"What a great fun jeep, hasn't been in rain or snow in the past 3 years. Garaged last 3 winters. Great black wrangler with auto, air, great heater, ps, pb, factory hardtop with rear defroster & wiper, chrome package which includes (chrome wheels, front, rear & door chrome bumpers,gas filler,tail light covers) and gray soft-top. Has it all, turns heads everywhere it is driven by seniors, kids and all auto enthusiasts. There aren't any scratches, dents, never been off road or rock climbing. Just 24400 miles on this 2006 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2 door. A real fun jeep. Last of this body style."

I love this CAR!!!!

By on Monday, July 23, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, holds its value well"

Cons: "High price, gas hog"

"This is a really fun car to own...but you need to buy it at the right time in life and/or have a deep pocket. This car is a huge gas hog. But dont get me wrong it is worth the gas money. Its just full of fun waiting to happen on and off road. But be ready to feel every little bump in the road as if it was a pot hole...and btw pot hole will send your back into spasms. All around if you are looking for a fun ride this is the car to get. Its a Wrangler so you either love it or hate it, there is no in between."

This is my 6th Jeep!!

By on Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Pros: "Lots of adrenaline rushes and admiring stares"

Cons: "Won't fit in the house."

"I love this vehicle. I have owned many jeeps and loved them all! It's like driving a big go-cart. Fun, easy to drive, great in traffic and parks anywhere. Can't tell you how many times we went to an event and parked right up front because I could park where no one else could. I have never lost money on a jeep. I have usually made double what I paid for them and up to three times their original new price for the older ones. In the summer, a bikini top and half doors is what gets many looks. For the single guys it is a chick magnet. I once had a dozen cheerleaders at 7am in 30 degree weather in McLean, TX dancing around my jeep. Unbelievable."

Great vehicle. Fun to drive.

By on Monday, July 02, 2012

Pros: "Great little vehicle. Fun to drive. Dependable."

"Have had for 6 years and it only took a couple of months for it to become my daily driver. So much fun to drive, and handles great. Have had off road and it goes anywhere you want as long as you watch what you are doing. Dependable."

So much pride in owning a wrangler!

By on Monday, May 28, 2012

Pros: "Super fun, almost everyone loves jeeps"

Cons: "GAS, offroading and then it breaks."

"Jeeps aren't just vehicles! They're a life style! I remember wanting one for the longest time and I got one when I graduated and I couldn't be happier. Everyday I feel like the king of the road. Waving at other wranglers and after I get back on the roads after a good muddin trip and I get so many stares and thumbs up. It's the greats thing in the world."

See if you qualify for