1999 Jeep Wrangler

Based on 1169 Ratings for the 1997 - 2006 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

It's a Jeep.

By on Saturday, October 20, 2012

Pros: "Dead stupid reliable and cheap to fix."

Cons: "Like being shaken about in a box?"

"Loud, gas guzzling, generally uncomfortable, and a ride akin to sitting on a bag of sharp rocks and being shaken about violently. Awful, and I mean, scary on the highway. The NP231 transfer case lacks a viscous coupling, so it's all but useless for 90% of your winter driving - Though it does shine with good tires and 3-4+ inches of snow on the road, and the heater will burn your hands. That's a good thing, because even with an insulated hard top, it's always drafty inside. And leaks in the rain. If your Jeep doesn't yet, it will someday. Repairs are near constant on the suspension, the evap system, and random small problems - Mine started at 40,000 miles. The windshield needs replacement regularly as it is flat and pits excessively. Plan on replacing your heater fan resistor a few times through the life of the vehicle. Everything will leak before 100k. It's a Chrysler, and built like garbage, and lacks meaningful rustproofing. The interior is spartan, and cramped. Did I mention loud, and all over the road at any speed above 55mph? Now, it sounds like I hate this thing, but that's not the case, the information above is all true. It's a Jeep. It has never, ever broken down and left me stranded somewhere. It will soldier on broken for thousands and thousands of miles. The roof comes off, I don't hate myself for driving it in the winter, and really I never feel bad about anything I do to it. Parts are cheap, readily available, and simple to replace. There's nothing to break for the most part. And it's cool. It's a Jeep! Re: My score of 1 to "Likely to Recommend." If you want a Jeep, you buy one. But most people really don't."

best and toughest vehicle ever owned

By on Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pros: "durable, good looking, sleek and a work horse."

Cons: "rough rider, wabbly after a small lift job"

"this vehicle has over 90,000 miles and never had a major break-down, i have accessorized my vehicle very much and looks like i just bought it from the showroom... very dependable,cost efficient, quick and a work horse, i would not trade it for anything under $ 13,000.00"

Best $700 dollars spent in my life!

By on Thursday, October 11, 2012

Pros: "Awesome price"

"Bought 2002 jeep Wrangler for $700 crashed put $800 in parts and runs like a champ what a great car that is super easy to work on yourself!"

Jeep Tough

By on Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Pros: "Tough, reliable, off-roading is a blast"

Cons: "No way... best vehicle ever!"

Loving the Jeep

"I have a 2005 Wrangler X with half doors and a soft top. This is the best vehicle ever.... I have owned, and subsequently destroyed/totaled about 8 other vehicles it was not until I bought my Jeep that I finally have a vehicle that is tough enough for my driving. On road, off road, it does not matter to the jeep. It is the perfect vehicle, I use it every day as a commute vehicle and use it as a toy for off-roading trips. I have had a few issues with the wobble after the lift but it is a good toy to fix up and it is fun. If you need storage take out the back seat they have a storage trunk insert, or a roof rack, if you are worried about the handling... well it's a jeep. Worried about the gas mileage... don't jack it up and it's a jeep. LOVE IT!!!!!!"

Loving the Jeep

It's a JEEP, what did you expect?

By on Sunday, September 30, 2012

Pros: "Holds its resale value, customizable"

"It's a JEEP. That means that it can do almost ANYTHING and go almost ANYWHERE! Completely stock, you would be AMAZED at where this vehicle can go. My friend's Jeep is completely stock and was climbing hills, crossing streams that other vehicles at the ORV park couldn't go. With just a small lift kit and bigger off-road tires, this vehicle is almost unstoppable. Steep inclines, mud holes, deep snow; this Jeep can take it all. Even though it is small and light, it can tow / pull bigger vehicles out of trouble. The last big snow storm we had, our Jeep must have pulled 50 cars out of snow banks & ditches. The hard top is awesome in the winter. The soft top is awesome anytime. And the fact that you can take off the top and the doors makes this the most awesome ever!"

best vehicle i ever owned

By on Friday, September 14, 2012

"I will tell anyone to buy this vehicle .It is a very reliable car.I was in a accident where the person ran a red light and it took a 50mph impact .I walked away from it very sore but i was ok.the durability was excellent."

love it!!

By on Thursday, September 06, 2012

Pros: "4x4 king!"

Cons: "a little cold sometimes"

"wrangler, best rigs i have ever owned"

Took a beating

By on Friday, August 17, 2012

Pros: "comfy-go-anywhere. It's a Jeep!!"

Cons: "roughish ride, lots of road noise"

"I drove my 2001 jeep from Montana to Wis. enough times to put 116000 miles on it and I haven't had to fix anything! And that's down to the floor with my poor 4 cylinder almost the whole way. Talk about tough!!!!!"

My favorit Jeep yet.

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Pros: "excellent resale, convertible, go-anywhere"

Cons: "not a commuter vehicle, needs a marine radio"

"I have owned about 15 Jeeps from year model 1947 to 2005. My current 05 Rubicon is by far the best and most capable. I purchased it used with about 5000 dollars worth of modifications. I love the venerable old inline 6 motor, I wish they hadn't stopped making them. The Jeep gets a lot of attention and the Rubicon package along with aftermarket components makes for a truly 'go anwhere' vehicle that one can feel confident while driving. The modern soft tops are great compared to the old days. Having a 6 speed manual coupled with 4.10 gears for the 36" tires is a perfect combination on the road and when in low range (4-1 transfer case helps there). Mileage is not bad for a massive lift and tires, about 17 mpg (I do not drive more than 65 mph, though, Jeeps are not aerodynamic). Big Jeeps and Rubicons are not for everyone. They require driver attention and knowledge of their unique handling. They are not Cadillacs. They are a vehicle you can still work on yourself and the less frills, the less trouble you will have in the long run. I may have to get a four door one day, though, just for comparison."

Wow, Black, hardtop and chrome package

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pros: "Wife loves to drive it too!"

"What a great fun jeep, hasn't been in rain or snow in the past 3 years. Garaged last 3 winters. Great black wrangler with auto, air, great heater, ps, pb, factory hardtop with rear defroster & wiper, chrome package which includes (chrome wheels, front, rear & door chrome bumpers,gas filler,tail light covers) and gray soft-top. Has it all, turns heads everywhere it is driven by seniors, kids and all auto enthusiasts. There aren't any scratches, dents, never been off road or rock climbing. Just 24400 miles on this 2006 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2 door. A real fun jeep. Last of this body style."

I love this CAR!!!!

By on Monday, July 23, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, holds its value well"

Cons: "High price, gas hog"

"This is a really fun car to own...but you need to buy it at the right time in life and/or have a deep pocket. This car is a huge gas hog. But dont get me wrong it is worth the gas money. Its just full of fun waiting to happen on and off road. But be ready to feel every little bump in the road as if it was a pot hole...and btw pot hole will send your back into spasms. All around if you are looking for a fun ride this is the car to get. Its a Wrangler so you either love it or hate it, there is no in between."

This is my 6th Jeep!!

By on Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Pros: "Lots of adrenaline rushes and admiring stares"

Cons: "Won't fit in the house."

"I love this vehicle. I have owned many jeeps and loved them all! It's like driving a big go-cart. Fun, easy to drive, great in traffic and parks anywhere. Can't tell you how many times we went to an event and parked right up front because I could park where no one else could. I have never lost money on a jeep. I have usually made double what I paid for them and up to three times their original new price for the older ones. In the summer, a bikini top and half doors is what gets many looks. For the single guys it is a chick magnet. I once had a dozen cheerleaders at 7am in 30 degree weather in McLean, TX dancing around my jeep. Unbelievable."

Great vehicle. Fun to drive.

By on Monday, July 02, 2012

Pros: "Great little vehicle. Fun to drive. Dependable."

"Have had for 6 years and it only took a couple of months for it to become my daily driver. So much fun to drive, and handles great. Have had off road and it goes anywhere you want as long as you watch what you are doing. Dependable."

So much pride in owning a wrangler!

By on Monday, May 28, 2012

Pros: "Super fun, almost everyone loves jeeps"

Cons: "GAS, offroading and then it breaks."

"Jeeps aren't just vehicles! They're a life style! I remember wanting one for the longest time and I got one when I graduated and I couldn't be happier. Everyday I feel like the king of the road. Waving at other wranglers and after I get back on the roads after a good muddin trip and I get so many stares and thumbs up. It's the greats thing in the world."

Great Beach Car.

By on Sunday, May 13, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, usually cheap and easy to fix."

Cons: "rough ride for trips"

"There is nothing better than pulling onto the beach with no doors or windows to impede your view. Can't do that in anything else but a wrangler. It is a blast to drive, not great on a long haul, but fun around town."

Fun on wheels

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

"I've had another wrangler in the past, but this 98 wrangler tj sport runs like a top. It's stable easy to handle aggressive on hills and loves the snow. It's fairly inexpensive to maintain if you make good choices driving. I highly recommend.....who wouldn't want a Jeep Wrangler?"

Love our Jeep!

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Not much space for luggage"

"I our Jeep we haven't had a bad mountain climbing trip yet. The hardest one we have done is Black Bear by Ouray, CO."

Best Jeep I have ever owned!

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "dual-tops, always perfect fun in any weather"

Cons: "gas mileage, no other cons!"

"I had previously had a '79 CJ5, a 1994 Wrangler S and then bought my 2003 Wrangler Rubicon, because of its ultimate ability. I have off-roaded many times and this little Rubicon never came close to calling it a day. Many friends had other types of 4-wheel drives vehicles with tons of after-market work to make them supposedly better than the Rubicon. I just had to laugh as they all had to get out to do this or that for any given trail! I simply put it in 4-wheel drive and navigated with nearly normal driving abilities. When it came to some really rough stuff, once again they all got out and I just activated my locking Dana 44's in front and back from inside my Rubicon, then half of the time i would have to pull them out when they got stuck. They were always studying the obstacles and making sure they made a very detailed approach and then told me how I had to do it. Without even doing anything with my rocker arms, I usually just took a straight forward approach, and always left them speechless. In 9 years of having this 8th wonder of the world, I have had one small problems with a clogged filter (further into the engine area), the part was about $100 and labor to get to it and replace was around $500. I also was offered lifetime oil changes for around $300 and have had about 30 of them so far. By far, this is the most capable and user friendly 4x4 ever built...and I even tried a Hummer for a while!"

Fun vehicle, easy to take care of

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "runs great, goes anywhere"

Cons: "soft top is noisey.."

"love to put the top down and cruze with the doors off.."

One of my favorite vehicles I have owned

By on Sunday, April 01, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, very reliable."

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"I've owned my 2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara for over 9 yrs. I can honestly say of the five vehicles I've owned it ranks between number 1 and 2. It's reliable, fun to drive. Easy to fix, and the styling does not age. It has exceptional resale value."

Can't be matched for general use.

By on Sunday, April 01, 2012

"A vehicle I can count on. Rides good handles well and 20 MPG if I do my part. Not a sports car or a truck but take me any where I need to go."

Fun and Great vehicle

By on Sunday, April 01, 2012

"Unique and great vehicle to have!!!!"

solid4wd,no daily driver,great snow,mud,sand

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "very tough, solid, fun"

Cons: "rough ride, bad handling"

"It is what it is. It has a rough but predictable ride. The 4 cyl has plenty of torque,not much on horsepower. It loves 55 mph on the highway, gets about 20 mpg. I used to live in WV, and this thing will go EVERYWHERE. It's low range has the power and speed of a farm tractor. I had to replace the top after 6 years,only cost $300. 235 75 R 15 Tires work fine. I change the oil 2 times a year, That's all the mechanical maintenance I've done. New brakes and tires complete the costs. If you need a REAL SUV to do REAL tough jobs at $6000 used,this is it."

Fantastic, fun, reliable vehicle

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, reliable"

Cons: "fuel economy isn't great (but what suv's is?)"

"The 2000 Jeep Wrangler is fun to drive to the beach and for everyday trips. It fits into any spot, has a tight turning radius and a strong, reliable engine. After 12 years, aside from regular maintenance, I have never had to take it in for anything!"

Couldn't live without it!

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

I own this car

Pros: "Haven't missed a day of work-makes commuting fun"

Cons: "Not for those who "tune out" when driving"

"I drive this vehicle to work everyday in the mountains and have for 6 years. It starts in cold weather and goes regardless of snow or mud conditions. Most people don't need 4WD to get home - I do. And I can count on the Jeep. (OK - so it doesn't make it through the 5 foot drifts.) It corners well and remains stable on snowy/icy roads at reasonable speeds. On muddy inclines, it digs-in and crawls up through the gumbo. It's got great clearance but I definitely recommend putting the best tires possible on it. I had my last Wrangler for 21 years. They've added lots of "creature comforts" and improved the performance. Would recommend the hard top in cold or windy climates."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25