1999 Jeep Wrangler

Based on 1230 Ratings for the 1997 - 2006 models.

Good, Solid Car :)

By on Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pros: "Few breaks, Very Reliable, CHEAP PARTS"

Cons: "Alot of Plastic, MPG, Cheap Materials :/"

"As you can tell, I've driven my Jeep for quite some time and I Love It. My family is full of Auto Mechanics (Including myself) and there are things to do to fix some of those nasty gas mileage issues. I Love the prices for Jeep parts, Very Cheap. Try and buy a Jeep with a hardtop, Whether you want one now does not matter, helps for resale and Just In Case!"

Definitely the best truck ever

By on Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pros: "Fun Jeep to drive"

Cons: "ride is alittle rough"

"If you dont mind the rough ride this jeep is a dream! I have owned 5 Wranglers and I wouldn't own anything else!!! I'm a Jeep girl had Grand Cherokees as well and by far the Wrangler is the best for reliability and fun enough said!"

I love my Jeep

By on Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Pros: "go anywhere, fun for summer and winter"

Cons: "road noise, gas mileage, interior room"

"I have had this jeep since 2005, bought it with 70K miles on it, and now closing in on 169k. Last winter was hit HARD with snow and I ran through everything that came down. There is not much room for much of anything in it, but this is the perfect, fun vehicle for summer or winter-take the top down and doors on in summer, throw it in 4 wheel high in the winter. But lately I notice that if I dont drive it for like 5-6 days, I find anti-freeze in the garage, seems like the seals may shrink. But I replaced the radiator at about 110K, along with the water pump. Then did the power steering pump about a year later. All were pretty easy to do all by myself. Poor gas mileage, so if you are looking at the 4 cylinder vs the 6, get the 6 cause the mileage is about the same, and you dont have to downshift up hills! But I have gotten more than my money worth it!"

Outstanding vehicle!

By on Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Cons: "Cramped back seats, lots of road and wind noise"

"I've been able to take my Jeep where other vehicles simply can't go. I've never has a serious mechanical problem with it and I can rely on it to start and run wherever I am (-30F to 120F). In 4-low, it's unstoppable. While it might have four seats, I don't like to stuff people into the back for more than a few miles as it's a little tight. But, hey, it's a Jeep. You're not buying one for the legroom!"

Best trade ever

By on Friday, May 28, 2010

"Well first let me tell you (in short) how i got my 1997 Wrangler for FREE. I bought a $300 winter beater and got rearended and their ins. co paid me $1400. Took that and bought a Little 4x4 pick up for $500 and the wrecked car. Later traded the lil pick up for a full size Chevy silverado with a ton of miles and rust. Recently traded it for the 97 wrangler, even swap. Needs a top and a couple tires, hood flew open on the guy so it has that dent and the windshield was replaced. Has 230k and still runs awesome. So by my math i'm still up $600 from the insurance payout, got me this wicked jeep, and it's the funnest vehicle i've ever owned and i've owned 37 in all so that says something. This thing is awesome no mater what the deal was, i'd pay the $3500 it's worth all day long if i knew it was this cool. And YES, Teal IS a tough color i don't car what they say, i'd drive a pink jeep with purple polka dots, IT'S A WRANGLER...."

Reliable

By on Wednesday, October 21, 2009

"Jeep Wrangler is very reliable in that it requires very little maintenance. It will withstand heavy use and going off-road doesn't generally lead to mechanical failure. The primary enemy of a Jeep Wrangler is the wind. A 4-cylinder jeep will react to ANY headwind. It is virtually impossible to drive the speed limit if you are driving into a headwind of any substantial speed over 15-20 MPH. I have had the wind push me into the next lane over more than once. Luckily, nobody was using the other lane at the time. Wind noise inside the cab of a soft top Jeep is very loud. It is not likely that you will hear the stereo when playing at full volume and cell phone use inside a moving soft top Wrangler is impossible. There is less noise with the top down than with the soft top up. Jeeps are fun to drive and offer very reliable service for many years without significant mechanical problems. They perform very well off road. My Jeep Wrangler is the most fun of any vehicle I have ever owned. If you buy a soft top - buy earplugs with it."

Best vehicle I have ever owned

By on Thursday, February 12, 2009

"I've owned my Jeep for a little over a year and absolutly love it. The gas mileage isnt too great, but being able to drive this vehicle trumps the poor MPGs. I drive mine to and from work every day (110 miles round trip) on the interstate and it handles very well. I also bought a roof rack for mine with kayak attatchments so I can haul our kayaks. This Jeep will go anywhere, i drove it down into the dryed up sandy south georgia river once to get my kayak and it handled the slipprey sand like a champ. (I do not have special tires. just BFG Wrangler T/As.) I would HIGHLY suggest this vehicle to anyone. Remember, if you see another Wrangler you better "Jeep wave"!!"

Buy it for what it is.

By on Wednesday, June 18, 2008

"I have owned my 2005 Rubicon for 3.5 yrs now and would recommend one to almost anyone. You will read a lot of reviews on here that complain about comfort. It's a Jeep not a range rover, you wouldn't take a range rover the places you would a jeep because it was too expensive in the first place. You will also here complaints about MPG true Wranglers don't get good gas mileage, that's what happens when your vehicle has all the aerodynamics of a tool shed. As far as safety goes I have seen alot of wrangler accidents and the vehicle may be toast (if it's a good hit) but what's inside survives, does your honda have a 3" roll cage? I have never had anything go wrong with my jeep and good luck killing the I-6 I have seen personally one of them go for 42000 miles without an oil change before it finally gave out, properly maintained you can easily get 200,000 miles+ out of that engine. The bottom line is that I use mine for play and ride my harley everday, and bang for buck (not miles per dollar) these are the most fun to drive reliable vehicles out there for what your money."

A Top Choice Vehicle

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2007

"The Best vehicle I've ever owned. Incredibly reliable and surprisingly good gas mileage for a truck, my jeep has never let me down. It's the perfect vehicle for any weathered region. The Jeep Wrangler has got to be the most versatile vehicle ever made. Hard Top, Soft Top, No Top, Doors come off, Windshield folds down. It runs excellent in the winter, and Jeeps have some of the best heating systems, four wheel drive, and precise steering. On the other hand, It's my favorite vehicle in the Summer, Freedom gets life while your cruising with no top on hot days, and nothing has more control and power while driving on dunes or on the beach. In the Spring I go 4-wheeling wherever I can because Jeeps have no problem handeling any hill, rocks, or mud puddle. The only complaint I ever hear about Jeep Wranglers is that they ride kind of rough, for me I like the way the Jeep rides, it's very rustic, but with all the modern customs for a street car, some people like to feel a very smooth and cushioned ride and the Jeep does not really accomodate for that. Overall there are very few vehicles that I would choose over my Jeep, and I'm still driving a 1997 and have yet to have any problems with it. And trust me my Jeep has been over more rough terrain and in more severe conditions than most."

It IS a Jeep Thing

By on Thursday, July 12, 2007

"I’ve owned Jeep vehicles for over 15 years and now the vehicle I drive every day is a 2005 Jeep Wrangler Sport. I bought this vehicle new in May ’05 and except for scheduled maintenance, it hasn’t been in the shop once. The feeling of knowing that you can go anywhere – anytime I think is what the “Jeep” is all about. My Jeep came with both the hard top and soft top. I took the hard top off shortly after getting the vehicle and it hasn’t been back on since. The soft top does not generate nearly as much noise as the older Wranglers and CJs (if it did the hard top would go back on). The ride of the Wrangler is a bit stiff, but then again it is a TRUE off-road vehicle. If you want more of a softer ride, you may want to consider a Liberty, Grand Cherokee, or Commander. I’ve owned two “Grands” and my wife currently drives an ’06 Commander. For me, I want to know that if I get off on some gnarly trail, that I’m going to get back out. It’s a Jeep thing..."