1999 Jeep Wrangler

Based on 1192 Ratings for the 1997 - 2006 models.

Glad I bought this Jeep

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

Pros: "Price was right; very much fun to drive."

Cons: "No locking console (but glove box is lockable)"

"This is our first Jeep, and have no regrets getting it. We bought it brand new. It does what it's supposed to do, and has never let us down. About the only inconvenience that comes to mind is the lack of a locking console between the front seats, but that can be taken care of with aftermarket products. Its 4WD system is of the outstanding quality you can expect of Jeep from the early 2000s; the only time we got stuck in moderately-deep wet snow was due to having plain old street tires on it at the time. It's practical (to a point; you can't load Everything into it), and it's quite fun off-road and as an open vehicle on pleasant weather days."

Cons: "They stopped making the TJ in 2006"

"I couldn't be happier with my 2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. When Jeep announced that 2006 would be the last year of this TJ model, I decided to make the move and purchase a brand new one before they were gone. I'm so glad I did. The 2006 TJ models were the last ones to get Jeep's inline 6-cylinder engine which has great low-end torque and has had bulletproof reliability. This engine coupled with the Rubicon's 6-speed manual transmission and part-time 4x4 drivetrain gives you the ability to handle everything from the roughest off-road terrain you can find to cruising comfortably down the freeway at 75 mph. Truly an all-terrain vehicle. Living in Minnesota, where the temperature can vary range from -30 degrees in the winter to 100+ degrees in the summer, I've been able to put my 2006 TJ Rubicon through a wide range of temperatures and on-road and off-road conditions including snow, sleet, ice, slush, mud, rocks, sand, dirt, and whatever else I could find. The TJ performed flawlessly. After 8 years and 120,000 miles it still performs like new and I look forward to the next 120,000 miles in it. The only maintenance I have had to do has been the scheduled oil changes and replace the tires so the cost of ownership has been very reasonable. I wish jeep was still making the TJ model, but since they aren't, look for a good used one to purchase before it's too late. You won't be sorry."

Cons: "They stopped making the TJ in 2006"

2000 Jeep with great body!

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, rugged, easy maintenance, reliable"

Cons: "not a family car"

"2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ, 4WD, Chili Pepper Special Edition in great body condition. Manual transmission. Color: burgundy/red (chili pepper red). Needs some minor cosmetic work. Engine and power train is in good condition. Lots of chrome! Chrome tube running boards, back bumper and front bumper. Upgraded stereo with DVD player, bluetooth and neon lighting. Custom alloy wheels from Jeep to include spare (mounted on back). Vinyl top and doors just replaced Dec 2013. Has back bench seat and towing package. 180,000 approximate miles. Only 1 owner - I bought it new. I hate to let it go but I need a family vehicle. All offers will be considered but SERIOUS OFFERS ONLY. Please NO SPAM OR SOLICITATION!"

2000 Jeep with great body!

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, rugged, easy maintenance, reliable"

Cons: "not a family car"

Great for the outdoors person, convenient in town.

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

"This vehicle is great for the outdoors person. Never had a mechanical issue yet, when in the woods this is a big problem of course. Even in town this vehicle is very convenient, especially when finding parking. It is small for the tiny parking spots and the turning is very handy as well. Great vehicle except for the comfort level. Once you drive this vehicle you will not notice how uncomfortable it is until you get back into another vehicle."

Love this Jeep

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

"Great vehicle and a fun toy for adventures"

My dream car

By on Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Pros: "Fun and safe"

Cons: "gas mileage average"

"My Jeep is my dream car. I remember the day I bought it, and three years later paid in full. It had minor repairs, its been well maintained and I absolutely love it. Im sad to sell her but I can't afford two insurances. I have had absolutely so much fun, with friends and family. My grandchildren i love my Jeep. Cant say enough about the durability, the sturdiness !!!! She will be surely missed in my driveway !!!!!!"

is a RHD mail jeep I am 2nd owner i believe

By on Saturday, February 22, 2014

Pros: "good till may 2014 Is silver w/ black hard top"

Cons: "no photos CEL is on need 02 sensor?"

"I have no history for it bought it in NW Pa Believe it was factory built no warrenty left would recommend resale for another rural mail carrier runs well maintained since owned transi oil changes brakes etc. is silver w/ black hardtop and trim body in good shape mud flaps brand new sneakers,drums, and brakes all aroumd no longer needed retired1 yay!would be grateful to get a fair price for it"

Love, Love, Love My Jeep

By on Saturday, February 22, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, Maintains value well"

Cons: "Not a family ride! Gas miles"

"I live in MN, with HARSH winters, No matter Hail, Sleet, Rain, Snow or Blizzard my baby starts right up and All Wheel drive is amazing!! And in the summer nothing like taking my top off and cruising the lakes with my friends! Stylish enough that even my sons likes it!"

angry yet suitable for a lady

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "it's a jeep!"

Cons: "needs a weld on the frame."

Teal, fun and reliable jeep!

"This Jeep was the delight of my daughters. We just found out that it requires that the frame needs welded under the transmission after hitting a mammoth pothole. My wife says it's time for a car that is easier on gas. I lost. This Wrangler is teal, new soft top, lifted, angry tires, new sound system, clean interior, reliable, solid, 4wd, and no other issues. Already had offers from neighbors and our mechanic."

Teal, fun and reliable jeep!

Good vehicle snow and sun

By on Monday, February 03, 2014

Pros: "Fun in the snow and sun"

Cons: "Is 10 years old with some normal wear and tear"

"Vehicle has been reliable It is very good in the snow. It is also fun in the summer when you put on the soft top and roll it back for open air driving in the nice weather."

I will never get rid of this vehicle

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Pros: "great to drive"

Cons: "not enough storage space"

"If it weren't for the snow and salt this vehicle would last forever!! I stand by jeep!! Infact I am buying another one, just a little more comfortable! Its 2014 and its still going strong(the motor and drive train) no problems what so ever. good year for the jeep wrangler sport 4.0!"

like the resale value

By on Thursday, January 30, 2014

"Design flaw with blower system. Blower resistor goes bad about every 2 years. Obvious design problem, everyone I talked with that owns Wangler has the same problem. The problem continues into the Chrysler Liberty. My wife and daughter both own Jeep Liberty's and have the same problem. I also had a problem with Wrangler not starting sometime. I fooled AROUND MOVING THE STEERING WhEEL AND SHIFTER AND IT USUALLY STARTED AFTER A WHILE. Finally figured out it was the neutral safety which was defective. Cheap fix under $ 150.00 , problem solved. I do not know how common this problem is."

I am a happy jeep driver times three!

By on Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pros: "The all weather conforming vehicle."

Cons: "Not a luxury vehicle, EVERYTHING is manual in mine"

"My first jeep was a CJ7 and this is is my second unlimited. I feel this is the best "Grocery getter" as far as jeeps go. The wider wheel base makes me feel safer, and the extra room behind the back seat makes for perfect camping gear space. Living in the cold Wisconsin weather, the hard top is a must, along with a lift and 33" tires. One week ago I rolled my jeep. I hit snow/black ice and that was the end of my control. Headed for a field and rolled two and a half times. The jeep has some cosmetic damage; broken fenders, windshield broken and the w/s frame is bent from the roll over, hard top is toast-rear window and side window shattered, drivers door needs replacing, rear tire flat, roof rack bent, and the engine was still running when I landed. I am certain if I was in any other vehicle I would be writing this from a coffin. I am happy to say I climbed out of the passenger door (b/c I was on my side) with a mild concussion and a few bruises. I am thankful I was in a jeep. As soon as I get the jeep back on the road I am investing in the "If you can read this, roll me over" sticker... I think I earned it."

A Jeep is a Jeep.

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

"Just like the title says, a Jeep is a Jeep. It's simple, durable, and tough. This is the first car have ever bought and I am in love with it. You have to not want that "luxury" life. If you can handle the basics and like simplicity, this Jeep is for you."

Love it!

By on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Pros: "For people who love the out doors.Can's stop IT!"

Cons: "Don't expect alot of room it's made that way"

"Like they say there is only 1. Nothing else compares. I feel for off roading the older models are better because of size and weight but you still can't beat them!"

A Jeep Lovers Dream

By on Sunday, January 05, 2014

Pros: "Great resale value, fun to drive, easy to upgrade"

Cons: "Loud, Cramped Space, Not a smooth ride"

"This is my second Jeep Wrangler Sport: I have found these jeep engines to be very reliable. Not big mechanical repairs, just regular maintenance. Performs amazing off-road. Basic interior but perfect for off-roading. If you want a comfortable car for long drives with your wife and kids or own a 150 lb dog this is an awful vehicle to own as its loud and has limited space. Also high winds, this vehicle is top heavy. Its loud, its bumpy. Regardless of the negatives its a fun, reliable, awesome car that will take you anywhere and you want to keep forever or re-sell (great resale value) this is the perfect vehicle. A jeep community is its own community. Very easy to upgrade jeep, add awesome features... The skys the limit. Enjoy your jeep."

The Golden Eagle is the Bird to have!

By on Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Pros: "All you could want in a Jeep.>>>>>"

Cons: "Fuel mileage is better with better tires on it..."

Sitting out when ready to cruise.....

"I have had this jeep for over 6 yrs now and love everything about it..The ride the LOOKS and reliabilty is awesome..Don't have to worry about the weather .This vehicle plows through all the NE can throw at it.Did some minor upgrades >>>>Tires__Speakers..couple of guards for windows radiator and fenders...Paint has held up fantastic __Black---in color and still shines like new..I use aircraft wax on it so the outside abrasives don't harm the finish much."

Sitting out when ready to cruise.....

Hooked on Jeeps

By on Sunday, December 08, 2013

Pros: "Retains Value, Fun to drive"

Cons: "Small interior, rough ride"

"I love Jeeps this is my second Wrangler and I have loved them both. They are one of the most dependable rigs I have owned and hold their value very well. They can be modified to make them as personalized as you want. They are fun to drive and can go anywhere in the back country with no problem or can be your daily driver. The interior is a bit small and they ride a bit rough but then what did you expect in a short wheel based 4x4? Best of all they are just fun to drive. Try one you'll be hooked too."

Love it, take the top off and go to the mountians

By on Sunday, December 08, 2013

Pros: "Fun vehicle"

Cons: "cant think of any"

"Go anywhere do everything vehicle, cant wait till summer, going topless."

Best car ive ever owned

By on Thursday, December 05, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive super simple and reliable high resale"

Cons: "high resale for those looking to buy one"

"most reliable vehicle ever not much to go wrong , fun to drive top up or down .."

I love this car but..

By on Wednesday, December 04, 2013

"I absolutely love this car but it does come with a couple of problems. The main one being gas milage. On a good day you might be able to get 18 mpg highway out of it but if you have deep pockets it's not much of an issue. Another thing is that going highway speeds on a SE model is a chore for the car. If you're going up a hill on a highway you might as have blinkers on because you will be going at least 10mph lower then all the other cars. Of course you could shift the gear down but then there goes your mpg's. Although it does have its flaws I absolutely love this car. Crawling up steep hills in the mountain is something Wranglers have pretty close to perfected. Summer time is where this Jeep really outshines all other cars. There's nothing like taking some friends out on a summer night cruising with the top down and watching other people look at you with envy."

Very fun!

By on Monday, December 02, 2013

"This is a blast to drive, but I'm glad it's not my daily driver. It's nice to get back into my car after a few days. Reliable, inexpensive to maintain, a blast to own."