1999 Jeep Wrangler

Based on 1230 Ratings for the 1997 - 2006 models.

2005 Jeep Wrangler

By on Saturday, February 14, 2009

"I bought it used and had it a few months , 4.0 straight six -six speed, Engine is very torquey , It rides fine and it is easy to drive and park and it goes through snow very nicely, I like the ride height you can see ahead easily and the seat is comfortable and gives good support so far i'm happy with it, I'll keep posting later down the line."

Love vehicle

By on Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Pros: "The jeep itself"

"Vehicle is very practical, and dependable. Its great fun for the summer and winter."

Took a beating

By on Friday, August 17, 2012

Pros: "comfy-go-anywhere. It's a Jeep!!"

Cons: "roughish ride, lots of road noise"

"I drove my 2001 jeep from Montana to Wis. enough times to put 116000 miles on it and I haven't had to fix anything! And that's down to the floor with my poor 4 cylinder almost the whole way. Talk about tough!!!!!"

Most reliable car I have owned

By on Monday, October 03, 2011

Pros: "grat price, manuvering is great"

Cons: "tight in the inside, could use more room"

"Did not realize how reliable this vehicle was going to be when I purchased it in 2000. I get 17 to 18 miles to a gal. of gas. I put oversized tires, and new alloy wheels. I make sure I keep up with the maintainance, and it has never left me on foot. The best thing about this vehicle is the timing chain, if I had a timing belt this car would be dead today. I have 235, 000 miles and the car purrs loke a kitten. 5 speakers surround the car. Awesome music sound. The best car I have owned, I would recommend it to any one."

Old Reliable

By on Sunday, December 06, 2009

"The 1998 Wrangler is the second wrangler I have owned and it has gone everywhere I have asked it to take me - the roadways of Oregon to the Cascades without fail. Just as the first Wrangler I can always count on it to start every time. I do wish the seats could be more comfortable but the heater and its fast acting ability to warm you makes up for it. Once I installed a winch on it, the possibilities became endless - in fact x-mas of 2007 I have to pull a Brand new lifted with all the bells and whistles GMC crewcab pickup out from a snowy rut which required me to cut a trail into the embankment to go around him because his rearend was failing off the road. Once I pulled him out I started cuting a snow trail to the top of the mountain. I didnt over heat or run scared that something would happen to us. I love my Jeep - but probably would upgrade to a 2000 or newer because of the more efficiency benefits in mileage."

Nothing better!!

By on Tuesday, November 17, 2009

"I bought my '97 Wrangler Sahara used in 2002 with 49K miles on it. It's Nov. 2009 now and it has 216K miles. I've driven it to Florida and back from Las Vegas. The only things repaired: new radiator, alternator, clutch, and plug wires. The AC stills blows as cold as the day I got it. By far the best vehicle I've ever owned. Looking forward to 300K."

fun vehicle

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"I bought my 99 wrangler about 4 years ago with about 35k miles on it. I now have a little over 76k. I've given it a 2" spacer lift and upgraded my tires and wheel package to oversized mud tires. Its been off road numerous times. I've played in the mud as well as done some rock crawling with it. Needless to say I driven it pretty hard and the only mechanical problems I've had other then routine maintenance were a bad alternator and the exhaust header sprung a leak. If your looking for an everyday vehicle to drive to work and run errands, buy a mini van. If you want something that performs well off road, is fun(not comfortable) to drive and versatile, then get a wrangler."

I love my 04 jeep wrangler rubicon

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

Pros: "Goes where other 4x4s fear to go"

Cons: "GAS MILAGE 16-17 city 20-22 highway"

"I purchased this vehicle used... It is by far the best vehicle i've ever owned. I do not do much offroading BUT if i wanted/needed to it would take me where I want to go. I've been asked than in the south why do you need 4 wheel drive.MY answer is always the same I'd rather have 4 wheel drive and not need it than to NEED IT and not have it. Yes it rides a little rougher than a car and it takes more gas to go somewhere BUT its built to take on almost anything and bring you out the other side. IT IS A GO ANYWHERE DO ANYTHING MACHINE."

I am a happy jeep driver times three!

By on Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pros: "The all weather conforming vehicle."

Cons: "Not a luxury vehicle, EVERYTHING is manual in mine"

"My first jeep was a CJ7 and this is is my second unlimited. I feel this is the best "Grocery getter" as far as jeeps go. The wider wheel base makes me feel safer, and the extra room behind the back seat makes for perfect camping gear space. Living in the cold Wisconsin weather, the hard top is a must, along with a lift and 33" tires. One week ago I rolled my jeep. I hit snow/black ice and that was the end of my control. Headed for a field and rolled two and a half times. The jeep has some cosmetic damage; broken fenders, windshield broken and the w/s frame is bent from the roll over, hard top is toast-rear window and side window shattered, drivers door needs replacing, rear tire flat, roof rack bent, and the engine was still running when I landed. I am certain if I was in any other vehicle I would be writing this from a coffin. I am happy to say I climbed out of the passenger door (b/c I was on my side) with a mild concussion and a few bruises. I am thankful I was in a jeep. As soon as I get the jeep back on the road I am investing in the "If you can read this, roll me over" sticker... I think I earned it."

best vehicle i ever owned

By on Friday, September 14, 2012

"I will tell anyone to buy this vehicle .It is a very reliable car.I was in a accident where the person ran a red light and it took a 50mph impact .I walked away from it very sore but i was ok.the durability was excellent."